Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

Will it work with os x Yosemite?

Works on Yosemite.

Can someone put up a guide in how to upgrade from mavericks to Yosemite when running Clover. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H and Geforce 680 that has been working great with clover and mavericks.

Thanks

Can someone put up a guide in how to upgrade from mavericks to Yosemite when running Clover. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H and Geforce 680 that has been working great with clover and mavericks.

Thanks

1) Make a USB drive with Clover (Guides > Clover Guide)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html

2) Ensure you can boot with the USB stick into both the Mavericks HDD installation (Macintosh HD) as well as Yosemite USB Installer (Install OS X Yosemite).

3) Boot into the installer, do not use Disk Utility and choose the Mavericks HDD, installer will reboot.

4) Boot to the USB installer a second time to finish the installation to HDD.

5) After reboot, use USB to boot into Yosemite HDD install; If all looks well, remove the USB stick and try to boot into the HDD.

1) Make a USB drive with Clover (Guides > Clover Guide)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html

2) Ensure you can boot with the USB stick into both the Mavericks HDD installation (Macintosh HD) as well as Yosemite USB Installer (Install OS X Yosemite).

3) Boot into the installer, do not use Disk Utility and choose the Mavericks HDD, installer will reboot.

4) Boot to the USB installer a second time to finish the installation to HDD.

5) After reboot, use USB to boot into Yosemite HDD install; If all looks well, remove the USB stick and try to boot into the HDD.

This is going to give me a new Yosemite install correct not an upgrade. Im going to look all my configurations correct?

This is going to give me a new Yosemite install correct not an upgrade. Im going to look all my configurations correct?

Upgrade - as long as you don't use 'Disk Utility' to nuke your existing install :mrgreen:

Also take a backup of Mavericks HDD before the upgrade, just in case.

Upgrade - as long as you don't use 'Disk Utility' to nuke your existing install :mrgreen:

Also take a backup of Mavericks HDD before the upgrade, just in case.

Sounds good thanks for you help. Any guides to make a clover install disk for Yosemite I got one for mavericks already.

Sounds good thanks for you help. Any guides to make a clover install disk for Yosemite I got one for mavericks already.

It's practically the same as Mavericks except for this command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction

I've upgraded directly from 10.9.5 to 10.10 using the original Apple Yosemite Installer on both my G5 and G4 Cube. No USB Installer is needed, as long as you have FakeSMC.kext etc. installed in your EFI partition.

No issues whatsoever. This is so cool! :thumbup:

For details see my clover guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-...l-reloaded-edition-new-pics-6.html#post882675

MacTester

Its there some tool to fully erase chimera from a USB flash drive? I have one that I had installed chimera before and everytime that I boot it keeps pooping up with chimera.

This is not on the EFI partition of that USB Flash drive is on the drive itself. I do the partition on disk utilities and I see nothing there them I install clover on it but it keep coming up with a chimera boot.

I'm writing all zeros with disk utilities now to see if this fix the problem. I have no Idea where that chimera boot is coming from.

If you guys find anything on this can you send it my way. thank you.

Back