Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

Thanks for the reply astrobruin. I'll try your suggestions with the changes necessary for my AMD gpu. Thanks!

Astrobruin, your posts have been very helpful. It looks like toxicfume, you, and I have the same motherboard but I have an external graphics card. I looked at your BIOS settings that you posted for toxicfume and many of my BIOS settings are different than yours. My BIOS settings for Mavericks worked fine so do you think I need to make changes similar to yours for Yosemite? I am now able to get into Yosemite using Clover but my graphics is "jumpy" and as I move my cursor it doesn't move smoothly so I'm guessing it is a graphics issue.

Also, I cannot boot straight into my OS X drive. The only way to get into Yosemite is if I go through my Clover USB drive and then select Yosemite drive. If I try to select my Yosemite OS X drive by going straight to my SSD I'll get a blank screen.

I also used Multibeast to try to get my sound working but that didn't work. I'm guessing I need to go through Clover Configurator now?

Any comments you could provide would be great.

I used the standard config.plst and that seemed to fix my graphics problem. I also changed my BIOS to PCI1.

I used the standard config.plst and that seemed to fix my graphics problem. I also changed my BIOS to PCI1.

Glad you sorted that out! If you haven't already found a solution to your sound issue, two things you may want to try. [Of course, before making *any* changes to your system, however small or routine, be sure to make full Carbon Copy Clone backups of your boot drive and EFI folder (I've had the simplest and smallest changes break my builds - including changes that worked before and after. Go figure).

First, try installing the Audio ALC898 driver using the latest Multibeast. Install ALC898 (and only ALC898 - nothing else) to the system on your hard drive, not your EFI partition. That worked for me. (I also tried installing to my EFI partition but that broke my build). Just note that in future system updates you may have to reinstall the audio driver again.

Note: I have an issue where *sometimes* after sleep or reboot there won't be any sound. First try going to system settings > Sound > Output. Select your output device (for me it's Optical digital-out port). Then go to the Sound Effects tab and from the drop down menu "Play sound effects through:" select your output device . For me, that's "Digital Out." THEN click around on different alert sounds above it. It usually takes a handful of clicks or more before it starts making sound.

If that doesn't work, try rebooting and repeat the above process at least one more time.

Second, if the above fails, try installing an older version of the kext. With my last Mavericks build, I was able to get the audio to work by installing ALC898 with Multibeast 6.1.0.

Good luck and be sure to make backups before making any changes!

Hi guys,

Has anyone had Clover fail to install the EFI on their system drive at the end of the install at all?

I did the first install a while ago and it worked like a charm, but things went awry as my Samsung 840 EVO SSD needed its firmware restoring, so I had to start all over again. And this time I just couldn't make it install the EFI folder on th system drive at all. I ended up just copying it from the install usb stick, which worked for a little minute, but now I am in deep melasses and locked out all together, so considering doing another fresh install. Only, I need to work out how to make sure it installs properly again, like the first time.....

Another question: running Multibeast after installation with Clover.....the Multibeast I have wants to put Chimera on there, which I obviously don't want....is there a Multibeast that doesn't, or how do I get round that......

Thanks.....

Hello, Hi to everyone. My petition is for anyone can guide me, direct me on how to create a Clover installation for the X99 Platform, yes I can follow this guide but the extra step need it for the X99 don't know how, for instance the Voodosync kext file where do I place them, also the other kext file, the Nullpower, network, fakeSMC all those kext where do I place them, Thanks for any help given.

Hello, Hi to everyone. My petition is for anyone can guide me, direct me on how to create a Clover installation for the X99 Platform, yes I can follow this guide but the extra step need it for the X99 don't know how, for instance the Voodosync kext file where do I place them, also the other kext file, the Nullpower, network, fakeSMC all those kext where do I place them, Thanks for any help given.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

It did not work for me. I click on the "install new copy" button but nothing happens.

DSC_0003.jpg

Greets guys!

So i decided to try Clover on my X58 system (See sig) but after i reach this step
13. When Clover boot screen is visible, choose Mavericks,instead of Mavericks i see UEFI Shell 64 or something along those lines.I see all my other Drives so what can be the cause of this ? any help is welcomed........Bless

Edit:I switched my sata ports and it showed up so false alarm.......

Greets guys!

So i decided to try Clover on my X58 system (See sig) but after i reach this step
13. When Clover boot screen is visible, choose Mavericks,instead of Mavericks i see UEFI Shell 64 or something along those lines.I see all my other Drives so what can be the cause of this ? any help is welcomed........Bless

Edit:I switched my sata ports and it showed up so false alarm.......

Disconnect all other drives apart from the one you're installing to and start over, reformat disk etc.

Back