CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys. I have x99 AsRock tai-chi motherboard with i7 6800k cpu. It took me about a 3 months and series of drive image restorations to make it work. A fellow hackintosher with the same system as mine, could not make his to work (he couldn't get his system to start the installation media). I explained all I did for mine and it took him about 40 minutes from nothing to a ready post installation. If you have different cpu - replace the fake CpuID with the one that is corresponding to yours from Clover upon booting the installation media.

You can download 3 archives at the very bottom of this guide.

Make sure before you start installation, in your BIOS setting, your VT-D is off and secure boot is disabled.

Create an installation drive with Unibeast. Mount the EFI partition of that drive and copy the contents from "EFI_installation media.zip" to your EFI folder in your EFI partition. If you don't see EFI partition, you can mount it with Clover configurator(in TOOLS>Mount EFI). Insert the installation media in USB 2.0 port. USB 3.0 or anything above will make your system to crash. When you are booting your installation drive, turn off all C-states for the cpu from Clover at boot, all in usb have to be off, all audio have to be off. I left them like that, but there was something that I could't change with editing the plist file so I'm giving you heads up. Delete the flag nvda_drv=1 and replace it with nv_disable=1 if you get panics.

I'm assuming you know how to use Disk Utility so I'll skip explaining that part. After the installation is ready, boot using the flash-drive, install the kexts first from "other.zip" with Kext Utility and copy the "EFI_ready installation.zip" contents from the archive to your EFI folder in your EFI Partition installation drive so you can boot without the USB installation drive from now on. If you can't find EFI partition use Clover configurator to mount it (in TOOLS>Mount EFI). After that install your GPU drivers. If you have Pascal GPU - drivers are available now, check in https://www.tonymacx...nvidia-drivers/ and the CUDA too from NVidia: http://www.nvidia.co....81-driver.html . Restart. Please note that if you have different motherboard from what I have, you have to make your research for the drivers, and kexts, and HEX replacements that you'll need. For example I needed HEX replacement to be able to use my onboard audio, kexts to fix sleeping monitor issue after boot, etc.

If you get kernel panics before and after installation - check your board's usb settings. If the ready installation crashes for no apparent reason, make sure you have the Kexts installed that I mentioned earlier. Another Panic reason can be to too low latencies/high speeds if you have overclocked your RAM. My board is x99 Tai-chi and it have 2 gigabit LAN connection options. Make sure your LAN RJ45 jack is connected to the lower jack on your Motherboard if you have the Tai-chi x99. Don't forget to use the right fake CpuID for your cpu, if it is different from mine.

Siri was a huge head bang to enable, but something tells me the "config.plist" in your ready installation should help her work. Enable your TRIM with "sudo trimforce enable" in the Terminal.

P.S.
Intel wifi is not supported by MacOSx Hackintosh. You have to replace it with compatible hardware. I never changed my wifi card so I can't really help you, because I never had to deal with this issue.
I could never make I-message to work, I followed this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/), but no matter what I did - my system was always rendered unusable (panics, crashes, etc), if you can make it work, please let me know what you did!

I know there must be better, more sophisticated way to get this all to work, I might have missed something, or included something that shouldn't be in the guide at all, but I run a stable system now with research I conducted by myself so that works great for me. I will always appreciate and welcome creative criticism. We are all here for the same reason.

Attachments

• EFI_installation media.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 658
  • EFI_ready installation.zip
    29.6 MB · Views: 647
  • other.zip
    90.8 MB · Views: 701
Last edited:
I can't thank this guy enough (he spent 3 months trying!!)

I gave this build a try about 6 months ago and gave up, I decided to try again and had the same issues.

Then I followed this guide and I couldn't believe it, after all this time I finally got it working thanks to this guide!

17626159_1669903709704701_3665480080560825854_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2560-04-13 at 6.08.31 PM.png

How's that, slow down cowboy. AppleALC and realtekALC...NullCPUPoweManagement it's not so bright

Well... since you asked it kinda sounds like you're getting your daily kicks by insulting other people's intelligence. As you might have discovered, I'm not completely knowledgeable about hackintosh yet. Reason is: I started this recently, but i have a functional result that I was able to achieve with my own research, the result works for me. On the other hand creative criticism is always welcome. Thank you.

Last edited:
Well... since you asked it kinda sounds like you're getting your daily kicks by insulting other people's intelligence. As you might have discovered, I'm not completely knowledgeable about hackintosh yet. Reason is: I started this recently, but i have a functional result that I was able to achieve with my own research, the result works for me. On the other hand creative criticism is always welcome. Thank you.
You've misunderstood me, i just tried to be friendly. my advice will be to trace kext that you pc is really using by kextstat in terminal. I think you could get rid of applehda clover patch and realtekALC, use AppleALC for audio. and for NullCPU... generate SSDT an grab necessary kernel patch for your cpu. peace men

You've misunderstood me, i just tried to be friendly. my advice will be to trace kext that you pc is really using by kextstat in terminal. I think you could get rid of applehda clover patch and realtekALC, use AppleALC for audio. and for NullCPU... generate SSDT an grab necessary kernel patch for your cpu. peace men
I will definitely try that! Thank you!

x99 tai-chi
e5 2683v3
RX470 4G(helper card GT710)

no sound no wifi

x99 tai-chi
e5 2683v3
RX470 4G(helper card GT710)

no sound no wifi
All I know about intel wifi (the wifi card that came with your motherboard is intel unless you've changed it) is that the hardware is unsupported from hackintosh. If you have changed it, I still can't help you because I never changed mine, therefore I never tackled the issue. I'm assuming you followed the guide and you did everything right. If that is the case I'm not sure how to help you with the sound, as I had many problems enabling it, but check if you have the HEX replacements in your config.plist in EFI for the audio id.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back