Contribute
Register

How to install Mac OSX Sierra on x99 tai-chi

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALZA to HDEF clover DSDT patch and AppleHDA.kext

All I know about intel wifi (the wifi card that came with your motherboard is intel unless you've changed it) is that the hardware is unsupported from hackintosh. If you have changed it, I still can't help you because I never changed mine, therefore I never tackled the issue. I'm assuming you followed the guide and you did everything right. If that is the case I'm not sure how to help you with the sound, as I had many problems enabling it, but check if you have the HEX replacements in your config.plist in EFI for the audio id.

Thank you for your reply
I bought a USB WiFi instead
So there's no problem with the network
But now there's a problem
the os is frozen every 30 seconds
I don't know if you've ever met this before

Thank you for your reply
I bought a USB WiFi instead
So there's no problem with the network
But now there's a problem
the os is frozen every 30 seconds
I don't know if you've ever met this before
I have not. I don't know if its related to your GPU, that is one difference from my system. I also had issues when I was redirecting audio over HDMI according to clover, my system was having problems booting, so I disabled these settings from clover upon boot. Another difference is that your CPU is different, maybe you have to use different cpu fake ID.

A fellow hackintosher with the same system as mine, could not make his to work (he couldn't get his system to start the installation media). I explained all I did for mine and it took him about 40 minutes from nothing to a ready post installation.
If you don't mind, can you please point me to this person? Thank you so much!

Hello friend, as possessor of the same pair asrock x99 taichi and i7 6800k, I fought a month and a half before managing installation, according to the well-described driving kgp. I am very happy to know that others have succeeded and have posted how to install OSX Sierra on this configuration. Not being a computer expert I have difficulty in post installation and system optimization.
My problems are:
First, the processor is not recognized properly but as Xeon E5 6 core.
Second, I ask for help especially to properly recognize my graphics card MSI RX 480 Gaming X which is a Radeon R9 XXX. I have a graphics card help (Radeon HD5450) do not know if it's important to use.
Third, to date the wifi does not work, bluetooth seems to be visible but fails to match a wireless mouse.
Finally I would like to use an SSD NvME M2 Samsung 250 Gb for the start but I have yet to try.
I thank in advance those who will help me.

Not being completely knowledgeable, although I have several observations regarding the setup. I'll try to answer your questions as complete as I possibly can.
1. The reason why your setup is showing your 6800k as Xeon E5 is because we are tricking the OS to believe, that is using a processor, that is supported from the original system.
2. I don't know the answer to this question.
3. Your motherboard came with intel Wifi m.2 card. Intel Wifi is not supported. You have to replace it with compatible hardware.
4. I'm running my system from SATA SSD. I believe there were compatibility issues related to m.2.

Last edited:
Hello friend, as possessor of the same pair asrock x99 taichi and i7 6800k, I fought a month and a half before managing installation, according to the well-described driving kgp. I am very happy to know that others have succeeded and have posted how to install OSX Sierra on this configuration. Not being a computer expert I have difficulty in post installation and system optimization.
My problems are:
First, the processor is not recognized properly but as Xeon E5 6 core.
Second, I ask for help especially to properly recognize my graphics card MSI RX 480 Gaming X which is a Radeon R9 XXX. I have a graphics card help (Radeon HD5450) do not know if it's important to use.
Third, to date the wifi does not work, bluetooth seems to be visible but fails to match a wireless mouse.
Finally I would like to use an SSD NvME M2 Samsung 250 Gb for the start but I have yet to try.
I thank in advance those who will help me.

@ilboss26, you will just have to figure out the address for your internal NVMe device on the X99 tai-chi by using windows as described in Rehabman's guide. Apart from this additional requirement, you can follow my M.2 guide.

@ilboss26, you will just have to figure out the address for your internal NVMe device on the X99 tai-chi by using windows as described in Rehabman's guide. Apart from this additional requirement, you can follow my M.2 guide.
That sounds fantastic! I will look it up as well! If I configure my system with ssdt and all required kexts and everything that is required from the guide and I create an image of my SATA system drive and restore it to my m.2 drive, will it work? Or it have to be a clean installation?

That sounds fantastic! I will look it up as well! If I configure my system with ssdt and all required kexts and everything that is required from the guide and I create an image of my SATA system drive and restore it to my m.2 drive, will it work? Or it have to be a clean installation?

You have to clone your SSD to the M.2 with CCC (CarbonCopyCloner) after you installed NVMe. That's fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back