Contribute
Register

How to install Mac OSX Sierra on x99 tai-chi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for the answers, tonight I will do with my SS2 M2. I have a question yet .. my Cooler Master case has an SD card reader that seems to work. Is there a chance to find drivers for Sierra?
Thanks again.

Thank you so much for the answers, tonight I will do with my SS2 M2. I have a question yet .. my Cooler Master case has an SD card reader that seems to work. Is there a chance to find drivers for Sierra?
Thanks again.
Let me know how it went and what m.2 are you using. Thank you!

Sorry for the delay but I was busy before trying to bring the system to SSD NvME M2 I updated to version 10.12.4 but I have problems with the graphics card that is not natively recognized and needs to work. Can you help me set bios for the 2 graphics cards (RX 480 and HD5450) so you can recognize them both? Is there a way to make primary one and secondary the other one?
Thank you.

Sorry for the delay but I was busy before trying to bring the system to SSD NvME M2 I updated to version 10.12.4 but I have problems with the graphics card that is not natively recognized and needs to work. Can you help me set bios for the 2 graphics cards (RX 480 and HD5450) so you can recognize them both? Is there a way to make primary one and secondary the other one?
Thank you.
I think you should set your HD5450 in slot 1 and rx480 in slot 2.

I've got an identical setup to yours, and followed your instructions to the letter. I was able to install and have it running fine with the usb drive in. But when I take it out and try to boot to the installed version via clover the progress bar gets about a 3rd of the way there and then my computer reboots..

edit

If I hold shift while booting it'll boot up. I had thought that was safe mode, but it doesn't say safe mode anywhere.

Also, I have no audio. I know that board uses realtek 1150, but I tried using your ktext, as well as one for 1150 but still no dice.

Last edited:
I seem to either be lost or have something else not working correctly.

I did the following:
Bios:
  • Disabled Secure boot, serial port, VT-D, onboard wifi, and onboard video.
Created an install using the latest Unibeast
Mounted the EFI partition and copied over the contents of "EFI_installation media.zip" into the EFI folder on the EFI partition.

Plugged USB into USB2.0 port and booted. Clover starts and I select the options and uncheck all C-States in CPU tuning, make sure that all usb options and audio options are also unchecked.
Now all I see when booting is the Apple Logo.

I Just want to say one thing for you: THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Not only about the guide but also for share all your 3 months work on 3 .zip files. Is just great.

Sadly just download and run did NOT worked. But after some resources and adaptation to my system, it worked and right now im using it for write this. Thanks buddy! Good wishes for you.

My system: Asrock x99 Taichi | Xeon V3 E5-2690 (Non-OEM) | Nvidia 580 | SSD 1Tb + SSD 4Tb RAID 5 SoftRaid |

I've got an identical setup to yours, and followed your instructions to the letter. I was able to install and have it running fine with the usb drive in. But when I take it out and try to boot to the installed version via clover the progress bar gets about a 3rd of the way there and then my computer reboots..

edit

If I hold shift while booting it'll boot up. I had thought that was safe mode, but it doesn't say safe mode anywhere.

Also, I have no audio. I know that board uses realtek 1150, but I tried using your ktext, as well as one for 1150 but still no dice.
Have you tried replacing your EFI with the one in the archive I've posted? I had the same thing until I replaced it.

edit

I had no audio until I replaced the efi partition with the archive, have you done that part already?

I Just want to say one thing for you: THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Not only about the guide but also for share all your 3 months work on 3 .zip files. Is just great.

Sadly just download and run did NOT worked. But after some resources and adaptation to my system, it worked and right now im using it for write this. Thanks buddy! Good wishes for you.

My system: Asrock x99 Taichi | Xeon V3 E5-2690 (Non-OEM) | Nvidia 580 | SSD 1Tb + SSD 4Tb RAID 5 SoftRaid |
You are very welcome! The user "Deini" is a part of this, he researched me and found me in "InsanelyMac", knowing I made my system to work. I tried to be helpful few times in the past in the online community, but I some opinionated people trolled me and criticized me for no good reason and that made me resent these kind of forums, but after I saw how happy he was, when powering up his system, that made me post the guide. Also I'm happy that you figured out how to power up your configuration without giving up. That's how I made mine to work! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back