Contribute
Register

How to disassemble 4530s to replace CPU details for model XX960EA

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the fast response,I'm checking round the best place to buy the cpu from now (uk), and I will probably replace teh screen as well at the same time to the HD version, save opening the laptop twice.

finally got round to upgrading my processor to an i72630QM. I ran the installer before I did the upgrade and changed to an i7, did the change and then it all booted fine.
I see that the activity monitor is only showing 1 core ?!?
Geek bench gives me a single core score of 2748 , and a multi core score of 8423 , are those about right ?

finally got round to upgrading my processor to an i72630QM. I ran the installer before I did the upgrade and changed to an i7, did the change and then it all booted fine.
I see that the activity monitor is only showing 1 core ?!?
Geek bench gives me a single core score of 2748 , and a multi core score of 8423 , are those about right ?

You need to regenerate your SSDT after you change the CPU.

done, now I get 8972, slight increase.

Bluetooth is now not working, I applied the Atheros 9285 patch and wifi works, just not bluetooth. Guess there's a small chance I didn't attach the cable, but I'm pretty sure it was connected. (not a biggie). This is after an upgrade to 10.9.1 as well, so it might be related to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back