CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
is it normal that after the installation there are 2 partitions created?

@tabarus,

Yes, MacOS Catalina creates a new read only APFS volume that OS lives in while your data lives in a read/write volume. The OS hides this segregation in the file system so it looks like one big volume but both will show up in disk utility.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
ASUS Gryphon z87
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600 & RX580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple
@tabarus,

Yes, MacOS Catalina creates a new read only APFS volume that OS lives in while your data lives in a read/write volume. The OS hides this segregation in the file system so it looks like one big volume but both will show up in disk utility.

Cheers
Jay
Thank you very much for clearance!

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4540s
CPU
i3
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
128K, Apple, iBook, iMac, LC, Performa, Plus, Portable, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE/30
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Yes 1000s of people use them with Mojave for almost a year now. Get one with the reference layout of one each HDMI, VGA and DVI ports and it will work. Connect your monitor to HDMI or DVI-D but not VGA. The drivers are already in macOS Mojave and Catalina so there's none you need to install.

View attachment 415578
Thank you so very much! You've saved my Desktop Hackintosh so that it can survive for another day .... I've been holding my breath on that one, trying very hard not to have to upgrade my rig yet .... Thanks again!

Motherboard
ASUS B150M-ET M.2
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD 530 / GTX 950
Mac
MacBook Air
Thank you so very much! You've saved my Desktop Hackintosh so that it can survive for another day .... I've been holding my breath on that one, trying very hard not to have to upgrade my rig yet .... Thanks again!
Why not use AMD Radeon?
AMD Radeon graphic cards are supported native by Apple.
I think it's not good idea to buy GT 710 only for hackintosh.
If you have already have GT 710, that's okay, but not buy an outdated nVidia graphic card.
If you should buy a graphic card, buy a AMD Radeon graphic card like RX 570 and so on.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M DS3H
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Tried to upgrade to Catalina and got the boot loop. Successfully restored to Mojave.. I'm guessing Clover had not been updated to handle the upgrade. Anyone have success doing it as of late?

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 580, Dell H57 motherboard
CPU
i5 750
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5450
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
None of the modern Nvidia graphics cards are supported natively in Mojave nor Catalina. Nvidia has not released drivers for Mojave nor Catalina. So, you either stay on High Sierra or purchase a modern AMD graphics card that Apple supports natively, such as the Sapphire RX 580 Pules 8GB graphics card. BTW, any card you use in Mojave & Catalina must be Metal (Apple's graphics standard).
Ok I am going to dive in this one! Just two quick questions. I saw someone mention GT 710 as compatible card. I have GT730 and it is currently working with full graphic accelearation on Mojave. Safe to assume, it is supported OOB on Catalina?

Also, what happens when new beta is released? Do folks re-do the whole process written here or just upgrade from settings?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok I am going to dive in this one! Just two quick questions. I saw someone mention GT 710 as compatible card. I have GT730 and it is currently working with full graphic accelearation on Mojave. Safe to assume, it is supported OOB on Catalina?...
Yes, the GT 730 will probably work in Catalina. (Note, while I have 700 series graphics cards, I have not tried Catalina, yet. Too, buggy for me now.)

...Also, what happens when new beta is released? Do folks re-do the whole process written here or just upgrade from settings?
It's my understanding that the Public Beta releases have all been full installers. You can make a new USB installer and install right over the previous version.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i3BEH
CPU
i3-8109U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Does this instruction work for NVMe SSD out of the box?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Does this instruction work for NVMe SSD out of the box?
Yes...unless you are going to use a Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD which will require a Samsung firmware update.

Motherboard
HP Pavilion x360
CPU
i3
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Lisa
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can I use the same config.plist from MacOS Mojave build?

Status
Not open for further replies.