Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS Catalina Public Beta Installation USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answer to your B question is yes, you can upgrade from beta to final release just like a normal update, but it's best to do a fresh install whenever there's a major changes in OS system and Catalina fall into that category.

I know it's not suggested, but I was able to just upgrade to Catalina Beta straight from Mojave desktop :)
No special boot procedures or USB disk required. So far everything seems to be working. All of my USB ports are still there (no patches required as they are already mapped). USB3 is still active. Very seamless transition :)

I did create a Boot Install Disk as a just in case ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 3.51.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 3.51.54 PM.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 154
I know it's not suggested, but I was able to just upgrade to Catalina Beta straight from Mojave desktop :)
No special boot procedures or USB disk required. So far everything seems to be working. All of my USB ports are still there (no patches required as they are already mapped). USB3 is still active. Very seamless transition :)

I did create a Boot Install Disk as a just in case ;)

Very brave, haha. I don't think I would have dared! Amazing it worked so easily like that.

Very brave, haha. I don't think I would have dared! Amazing it worked so easily like that.
Brave... Or stupid :lol:.
Honestly, I've been breaking OS's since Win 3.1. The best way to learn is to break it and then fix it, lol.

Unfortunately this is about as far as I get. I'm a bit puzzled...
IMG_1426.jpeg

How do I download the Catalina install files after I have already installed it on my system?
Go to the Beta page of Apple and take another Apple account. Then download the beta access utility and macOS will download the Beta Installer even though it is installed. Take care to unselect automatic installation after download.

asus p6t ws pro, i7-950, DDR3 24GB, 500GB macOS Mojave TO Catalina:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hi can you share what kext, clover version and flags configuration you used? I'm on a P6T Deluxe v.2 and Catalina is stuck in a loop..
I get to the same installing..12 minutes left view for not sure how long..

Anybody in this situation?? The installation keeps rebooting and than when selecting the Catalina partition from the clover screen, it just gets on this view, progression bar doesn't show any progress, but after a while it just reboots..

Hi can you share what kext, clover version and flags configuration you used? I'm on a P6T Deluxe v.2 and Catalina is stuck in a loop..
I get to the same installing..12 minutes left view for not sure how long..

Anybody in this situation?? The installation keeps rebooting and than when selecting the Catalina partition from the clover screen, it just gets on this view, progression bar doesn't show any progress, but after a while it just reboots..
i was experimenting the same issue.

hey all, would you guys throw a bone out to someone who isn't too computer savvy?

I've created my installation media as per the document above... but when I try to select my bootable usb on the pc I am trying to install Catalina to.. I am met with a "missing operating system" message and unable to continue.

The only deviation from the guide that I am referencing at the top of this post is the fact that I am unable to select the partition tab, and then select GUID partition table. I followed everything else exactly as stated in the guide.

As I prefaced, I am not too computer savvy and I've been through all the Catalina forum pages to see if this message has surfaced elsewhere but I am not finding it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back