Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS Catalina Public Beta Installation USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is UniBeast necessary if all the instructions are followed to make the USB? I assume then MultiBeast to Mac the internal drive bootable...
There is not yet a UniBeast nor MultiBeast for Catalina. Thus, Post #1's long procedures. Look for UniBeast and MultiBeast for Catalina around the release of Catalina GM as it will be more stable.

asus p6t ws pro, i7-950, DDR3 24GB, 500GB macOS Mojave TO Catalina:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Attachments

• 70845016_2449495738406570_8719430780847128576_o.jpg
    70845016_2449495738406570_8719430780847128576_o.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 174
Very easy Installation on my Aorus Z390 pro wifi with Radeon RX 580 8 GB and 32GB. Usual USB issues, will take care when the final version is available

For those who wonder how to download the Catalina beta installation app again to create USB installer or whatever in a system already run Catalina beta, just download and install the macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.dmg again, which will let you download the latest full Catalina beta installer via software update. And beta 8 won't fit into a 8GB thumb drive anymore.

And beta 8 won't fit into a 8gb thumb drive anymore.
This is why we started suggesting that everyone buy the 16GB flash drives years ago. The prices are nearly identical. Gives a good margin of future proofing.

Can some explain what this means? Install UEFI or Legacy Clover version using the USB (Install macOS Catalina Beta) as the target.

I i download the installer from sorce forge, open it ... I am unable to do anything with it. Am I supposed to just drag the app onto the USB?

The installer does not provide an option for selecting an install location.

There is not yet a UniBeast nor MultiBeast for Catalina. Thus, Post #1's long procedures. Look for UniBeast and MultiBeast for Catalina around the release of Catalina GM as it will be more stable.

I hadn't realized that. I've successfully installed the 10.15 beta, but indeed can't use the Multibeast that worked for Mojave to make the drive with Catalina bootable. Is there any workaround for this? I'll inclose the Multibeast crash log.

Also, so is it best (for reliability and all that) to go about using Mojave until Catalina is officially out? With the Catalina beta I have now. . . will I just be able to update it when the final is released, or will I have to go through the whole procedure again to get it up and working?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 3.32.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 3.32.14 PM.png
    828.8 KB · Views: 182
is there any workaround for this?
Yes, by not using multibeast and installing the bootloader and drivers yourself.

is it best (for reliability and all that) to go about using Mojave until Catalina is officially out?
yes

will I just be able to update it when the final is released, or will I have to go through the whole procedure again to get it up and working?

Yes, and not required but recommended.

Wow, that did indeed fix it!

Yes, by not using multibeast and installing the bootloader and drivers yourself.

yes

Yes, and not required but recommended.

Just to clarify, are you meaning that A), Mojave is still most reliable (seems reasonable given that it's been out for awhile), and that B), when Catalina is fully released it will be best just to upgrade from the beta like a normal mac user?

I was mostly concerned that my system could run Catalina since it's coming out soon and I want to be somewhat current. Now that I know it does work, I suppose I'll just put Catalina off until it comes out and the reliability and support from tonymac has also progressed.

You guys are super; you reply faster than customer support from any company!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back