Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t modify the stock WiFi card. I removed it and put a DW1830 in its place. That is an M2 slot where the rear ports are. It’s that or you have to use a PCIE slot, which I didn’t want to do since there’s multiple options to install in that M2 slot.

Does the Bluetooth also work from this card? How does it look in the BIOS afterwards? In the original there are two WiFi's in the BIOS in addition to Bluetooth – is there now in the BIOS customized entries for the new hardware?

Bluetooth works. Nothing in the BIOS changed. I just left the settings as default.

I've been having this same problem after the update! Let me know if that works for you. Super annoying!

Super annoying? My guide clearly recommends to use NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext with Lilu.kext in case of monitor sleep/wake issues. You need somebody else to test the simple implementation of two additional kext files? o_O:rolleyes:

HI guys, I have a question related to BIOS patching. It is step B1 so the initial phase before installation. Where all those steps are made if I have no OSX installed on my computer.

HI guys, I have a question related to BIOS patching. It is step B1 so the initial phase before installation. Where all those steps are made if I have no OSX installed on my computer.

You have a Gigabyte mainboard. B.1) is about patching the BIOS Firmware of ASUS mainboards.

Hello,
thanks again to KGP for this extensive guide. I am right now adapting the new clover config CPU patches for my i9 5900x. Which entries do I need to match? Can I ignore the CP1x entries? The CPU is a 10 core CPU and all 20 cores are named from CP00 to CP19.
Thanks for the help

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 19.44.15.png

Hello,
thanks again to KGP for this extensive guide. I am right now adapting the new clover config CPU patches for my i9 5900x. Which entries do I need to match? Can I ignore the CP1x entries? The CPU is a 10 core CPU and all 20 cores are named from CP00 to CP19.
Thanks for the help

View attachment 335546

You need to reorder and rename ALL CP entries...

Logically, by following your IOREG screen-shot above, you would need the following ACPI replacements:

CP00 -> PR00
CP09 -> PR09
CP10 -> PR10
CP19 -> PR19
CP0A -> PR20
CP0F -> PR25
CP1A- > PR26
CP1F -> PR31
CP20 -> PR32
etc.
etc.
etc.

If you have 55 CP entries, you have to implement the ACPI replacements for all 55 entries, independently from the number of CPs actually populated by your CPU cores. All populated PRs should appear first in correct order (PR00 to PR19). In total, PRs would range from 0 to 54. ALL CP entries should have vanished.

Clear enough?

BTW.. never heard about a i9-5900X Skylake-X CPU... are you sure that's the one you are employing?

Last edited:
You have a Gigabyte mainboard. B.1) is about patching the BIOS Firmware of ASUS mainboards.
Yes but tomorrow I will have Asus X299 mono. Thank you in advance

I've been having this same problem after the update! Let me know if that works for you. Super annoying!

Yep, seems to have fixed it for me!

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back