Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange.. maybe @AcineL passed the issue to me? Not able to create a bootable macOS 10.13.5 USB Flash Drive Installer either now. @flmmkr, did you check if it still works in your case?

Is the issue not being able to boot into clover bootloader? I made a new installer with 10.13.5 using createinstaller.sh but I had to use an older EFI folder from 10.13.4 in order to get to clover and the osx installer.

Is the issue not being able to boot into clover bootloader? I made a new installer with 10.13.5 using createinstaller.sh but I had to use an older EFI folder from 10.13.4 in order to get to clover and the osx installer.

I don’t know if it helps: tried booting the installer USB stick Mac OS X 10.13.5 with my Mac Book Pro and it worked. I didn’t go thru with the installation though. Same USB will not work on any port on my build. Beforehand I cleaned the stick in Windows 10 with command line DISPART, downloaded 10.13.5 from the App Store on my Mac Book Pro, checked BIOS settings, boot.efi in .IABootFiles was present, used @kgp EFI with modified SMBIOS settings as outlined in the guide. It did not work.

Thanks to all of you for looking into the problem!

I don’t know if it helps: tried booting the installer USB stick Mac OS X 10.13.5 with my Mac Book Pro and it worked. I didn’t go thru with the installation though. Same USB will not work on any port on my build. Beforehand I cleaned the stick in Windows 10 with command line DISPART, downloaded 10.13.5 from the App Store on my Mac Book Pro, checked BIOS settings, boot.efi in .IABootFiles was present, used @kgp EFI with modified SMBIOS settings as outlined in the guide. It did not work.

Thanks to all of you for looking into the problem!

I don't think that the problem is my EFI-Folder. The problem is, that the USB macOS Installer partition again does not seem to show up in Clover despite boot.efi in .IABootFiles.

If this is really the case, we have to find a solution.

There is no problem to boot into the clover boot loader. The problem is that the USB macOS Installer partition again does not show up in Clover boot loader. Thus, wat you are saying is that the 10.13.5 USB macOS Installer partition shows up in Clover, when using an older EFI folder from 10.13.4?

There is no problem to boot into the clover boot loader. The problem is that the USB macOS Installer partition again does not show up in Clover boot loader. Thus, wat you are saying is that the 10.13.5 USB macOS Installer partition shows up in Clover, when using an older EFI folder from 10.13.4?

I am not sure if this is the problem you are adressing, but
as I switched from your EFI distribution 10.13.4SU from May18 to the latest distribution for 10.13.4SU (June 1 or May 31?) my bootloader didnt show my macOS partition.
I noticed that in your new distribution two efi files were banned, so I included them again.
It was the hfs.efi which made my macOS show up again.

My startup disk (NVMe) ist HFS+ formatted. I have still with 10.13.4SU installed.

So I wonder if these two files were deleted from your EFI distribution on purpose?

Last edited:

Yeah that’s how it worked for me. Could boot into clover using an efi with 10.13.5 but not the macOS installer partition. Then went back to an older 10.13.4 efi folder and could boot into the macOS installer.

Try making a Windows 10 install USB and see if it boots with that. If it does then it’s your USB prep. If it doesn’t then it’s either the motherboard (try reflashing the BIOS maybe?) or it’s all your USB drives have something weird wrong with them. Try booting another computer with the USB too. That will help eliminate/confirm the motherboard/USB drive/prep as potential culprit.
Booting the USB on my MBP worked fine, windows install drive booted fine (already had it installed on one drive though created a new one and tested it on a yet empty one) Re-Flashed the bios 3/4 times between the patched version and regular version.

Strange.. maybe @AcineL passed the issue to me? Not able to create a bootable macOS 10.13.5 USB Flash Drive Installer either now. @flmmkr, did you check if it still works in your case?

Yes, I show up and its all down hill from here :thumbup:. Good for my sanity that it seems to not just be me.

I use an ASRock X299E-ITX/ac and on this board the MSR 0xE2 can be unlocked.
It is named "CFG Lock" in BIOS and the manual.

This board works quite nice as a hackintosh and it is tiny. :cool:
Hi! Have same MB but can't get working USB3 (bw 3.1 works fine). Can you please post your config/kexts? Thanks!

Booting the USB on my MBP worked fine, windows install drive booted fine (already had it installed on one drive though created a new one and tested it on a yet empty one) Re-Flashed the bios 3/4 times between the patched version and regular version

It sounds like from the previous posts that it’s a USB prep issue. There appears to be a couple .efi or other files missing from the latest version of the EFI folder. Try reinstalling the latest version of Clover on the USB and see if that adds the needed files that are missing. You need to select the option to boot UEFI and not legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back