Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

@AcineL: SUCCESS with Installer USB Mac OS High Sierra. Made USB Stick according to guide, updated Clover to Clover_v2.4k_r4522 and added HFSPlus-64.efi through Clover Configurator. I added the same EFI-folder to my HDD connected to my build. Could boot from USB in Clover after restart and pressing F8. I don't have time now to investigate wheather the update to Cover r5422 and/or HFSPlus-64.efi was the reason. Feel free to try.

Thanks for all the infos from you guys!

New EFI-Folder implemented in and attached to originating post of this thread (guide)

EFI-Folder related changes:
  • Implementation of Boot Loader Clover_v2.4k_r4522
  • Adding SMCHelper-64.efi
  • Adding VBoxHfs-64.efi
Adding SMCHelper-64.efi and VBoxHfs-64.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ solved the issue with the USB macOS Installer partition being invisible in the Clover Boot Loader Menu.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by the previous EFI-Folder distribution.

The new EFI-Folder distribution is once more attached below.

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Attachments

• EFI-X299-10.13.5-Release-iMacPro1,1-100618.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Hi all,

@AcineL: SUCCESS with Installer USB Mac OS High Sierra. Made USB Stick according to guide, updated Clover to Clover_v2.4k_r4522 and added HFSPlus-64.efi through Clover Configurator. I added the same EFI-folder to my HDD connected to my build. Could boot from USB in Clover after restart and pressing F8. I don't have time now to investigate wheather the update to Cover r5422 and/or HFSPlus-64.efi was the reason. Feel free to try.

Thanks for all the infos from you guys!

@DasJu , @AcineL ,

Issue solved! Please see post #8369. Guess there is no need to additionally install HFSPlus-64.efi, which is anyway not part of the actual Clover distribution. Please confirm.

@DasJu , @AcineL ,

Issue solved! Please see post #8369. Guess there is no need to additionally install HFSPlus-64.efi, which is anyway not part of the actual Clover distribution. Please confirm.

Hi @kgp,

thanks alot for your efford. I don't have time to check tonight. But I will tomorrow. By the way, my way of installing has worked. Will redo the process with your new EFI and (hopefully) confirm.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Since updating to 10.13.5 has anybody else had issues with their monitors not waking up? I didn't have that problem before but after updating, now I do. If my machine puts my monitors to sleep for a decent amount of time, I can't get the monitors to come back on. Any thoughts on what I should do? I've tried playing around with darkwake settings but that hasn't fixed it yet. I've googled the crap out of this but haven't found anything to help me out. It should be noted, the machine itself isn't frozen. I can still hear occasional system sounds, I just can't get the monitors to wake up.

Last edited:
Since updating to 10.13.5 has anybody else had issues with their monitors not waking up? I didn't have that problem before but after updating, now I do. If my machine puts my monitors to sleep for a decent amount of time, I can't get the monitors to come back on. Any thoughts on what I should do? I've tried playing around with darkwake settings but that hasn't fixed it yet. I've googled the crap out of this but haven't found anything to help me out. It should be noted, the machine itself isn't frozen. I can still hear occasional system sounds, I just can't get the monitors to wake up.

Do you use Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext v.1.2.7 with Lilu.kext v1.2.3?

Do you use Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext v.1.2.7 with Lilu.kext v1.2.3?

I've got Lilu.kext v1.2.3 but I'm not using Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext. I take it I should be?

I've got Lilu.kext v1.2.3 but I'm not using Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext. I take it I should be?

Well this might resolve your issues, right?

@DasJu , @AcineL ,

SUCCESS with new EFI-folder (EFI-X299-10.13.5-Release-iMacPro1,1-100618.zip). I can confirm! Thanks alot. Installation on HDD worked flawlessly. Now redoing process again: installing on NVMe. Looking forward to tweaking my build.

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back