Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we test?

Searching for AGPM in IOReg will show something like this if you have it working:

screen-shot-2018-03-06-at-9-45-16-pm-png.318000

And this if you do not:
Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 11.03.07 PM.png

Upon boot? Which issue? What do you mean by this?

1:30 am.. off to bed sorry..

If I boot with NvidiaFixup kext, I get a black screen upon boot. If I boot without the kext I don't get a black screen at boot, however if the displays sleep or are turned off I will get a black screen. Prior to 10.13.5 this was not an issue.

If I boot with NvidiaFixup kext, I get a black screen upon boot. If I boot without the kext I don't get a black screen at boot, however if the displays sleep or are turned off I will get a black screen. Prior to 10.13.5 this was not an issue.

How can you get a black screen on boot with NvidiaGraphicsFixup???? It just does the opposite, sorry. Something is wrong in your configuration. Do you use NvidiaGraphicsFixup with Lilu? Do you use more than one monitor?

Been going back and forth with toleda on this in the official thread, so I'll ask here again:

Does anyone using iMacPro1,1 (which should be everyone here, if you are following kgp's guide) have AGPM working with Nvidia?

Apparently AGPM is not working with Nvidia and iMacPro1,1.. Now?

Why not? Anyway, you do it at your oen risk.
Thank you however from the guide there is not super clear when to do it - it is pre installation or post installation, if preistallation - what computer I have to use - win or mac ...

Thank you

Does anyone can post a link or a guide of how to correctly find the correct hex codes for the cpu implementation.
In the guide it shows 56 cp## -> pr## codes for the 7980xe.

I only have a 7940X, so I want to do this for my cpu as well, but I noticed I don't know how to, sorry.
I have IOReg. Maybe someone can help? I can post the codes (once generated) if needed.

Thank you.

Thank you however from the guide there is not super clear when to do it - it is pre installation or post installation, if preistallation - what computer I have to use - win or mac ...

Thank you

It is in section B.1), thus preferentially right at the beginning.. isn't it? You have to do it on a Mac or PC with OSX.

However, you can also do it after the OSX installation. But in that case you have to consider that your MSR is locked and you have to account all respective measurements clearly outlined in the guide.

Anything else to clarify?

Does anyone can post a link or a guide of how to correctly find the correct hex codes for the cpu implementation.
In the guide it shows 56 cp## -> pr## codes for the 7980xe.

I only have a 7940X, so I want to do this for my cpu as well, but I noticed I don't know how to, sorry.
I have IOReg. Maybe someone can help? I can post the codes (once generated) if needed.

Thank you.

A guide for doing that? What for? See post #8384 and 8385! What else you need to understand?

Please add your system specs in either your profile or signature...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back