Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a little bug, the graphics card is not the Slot-1, where is the program ?here is my ssdt file, could you help me find the mistake ,my friend, this is my frist ssdt by myself ;)
屏幕快照 2018-05-07 6.09.21 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-iMacPro.aml
    7.2 KB · Views: 117
there is a little bug, the graphics card is not the Slot-1, where is the program ?here is my ssdt file, could you help me find the mistake ,my friend, this is my frist ssdt by myself ;)
View attachment 330090

Just implement the VEGA part in the the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml attached to my guide, my friend ..

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hmm, did you try limiting the resources that AE gets? Like limit the cores and ram to 1 for with just a few GB of ram, see if it crashes, if it doesn't, keep adding resources until it starts crashing. What source resolution are you trying to work with? Does it work fine with HD as apposed to 4K or 6K?
Thank you for your kind concerne
Yes only HD and linked files illustrator
I tried different settings with 4 8 and 12 go of ram
there are no multiprocessing settings in 2018
Avx to 10
I can only preview in adaptive and auto res (half)
As soon as I select full it crashes the os
It doesn’t want 3D layers
What settings for no overclock ?

If I'm using an RX 480 do I need to use a helper card? Sorry if this has already been asked.

@kgp and other interested users, in the delid process, I also used a different ihs, the original ihs is nickel and the contact with the liquid Grizzly is not a good idea because it deteriorates the ihs. The other ihs is copper and apart from improving the conductivity, it is not degraded by contact with this type of liquid, greetings.

Where do you get that information from? According to this it only can't be used with aluminum, and they specifically say nickel-plated copper is compatible.

http://www.thermal-grizzly.com/images/downloads/TG_Conductonaut_ShortApplicationGuide_EN.pdf

I thought that by 10.13.4, there was native support for the Aquantia 10G LAN chipset. However, it is not being detected on my Rampage VI Extreme board in 10.13.4; Windows 10 detects it fine. Do I need a special kext or something?

Thanks!

Which Aquantia chipset is exactly employed?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-extended-guide.229353/page-662#post-1718638

330614-success-aqc107-10-gbe-native-support-in-high-sierra-10132

@mm2margaret , any progress with this topic? As far I understand one still needs the patch of @Mieze and macOS 10.13.3 to make Aquantia chipset PCIe adapters work?

Last edited:
View attachment 330090

My friend, did you enable the SL05 -> GFX0 ACPI replacement in the config.plist?

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 09.50.12.png

Where do you get that information from? According to this it only can't be used with aluminum, and they specifically say nickel-plated copper is compatible.

http://www.thermal-grizzly.com/images/downloads/TG_Conductonaut_ShortApplicationGuide_EN.pdf

Hello @flmmkr, before "sticking my hand" to me 7980xe, I read a lot about this and saw many videos about delid, I'm not an advanced user when it comes to Hackintosh and I like to inform me as much as I can. According to videos that I have seen, there are people (not all) who have uncovered their processors after 10-12 months of doing delid and have found that the liquid grizzly had damaged the silicon of the processor since it had corroded part of the ihs and this corrosion had affected the whole. I do not know if this happened due to excess Grizzly liquid or by default of the ihs or any other cause, you know that on the internet there are opinions for everyone and everyone seems to be an engineer, but when in doubt ... I opted to find another solution and I chose the Copper IHS, it does not spoil with the delid and the passage of time and improves the thermal conductivity in 1-2 degrees also keeps your original IHS intact and it is not a lot of investment, these components are expensive and you have to risk the minimum. I also bought a high temperature silicone (Permatex) to seal the components around the processor silicon to prevent the Grizzly liquid (which is conductive) from making contact with the exposed processor components. I hope I have helped as much as possible and sorry for my English ...

My friend, did you enable the SL05 -> GFX0 ACPI replacement in the config.plist?

View attachment 330130
Good morning,my friend~:)
yes,the SL05 -> GFX0 ACPI replacement find is 543C3035 and replace is 47465830 in my config.plist

The guide at point D.4) - 1.) says:

“In order to perform a clean install of macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199), prepare a virgin NVMe, SDD or HDD destination drive for the iMac Pro macOS installation by formatting the drive with HFS [(Mac OS Extended (Journaled)] and a GUID partition table by means of Apple's Disk Utility on any other Hackintosh or Mac of your choice. This will create an empty HFS Partition and a yet empty EFI-partition on the drive.”

and at point D.4) - 2.) says:

“Copy the EFI-Folder you prepared in Section D.1) to the yet empty EFI Partition.”.

I have to prepare an NVMe SSD (Samsung 960 PRO) for the installation, but don’t know how to do that with my MacBook Pro: it have no possibility to connect with the NVMe SSD. Please, someone can help me? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back