Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp Do you use loadline Calibration ?
Which setting on CPU Current Capability?
Uncore Voltage Offset?
How much CPU Input Voltage did you set ?

Do you know for what SVID actually is? :mrgreen:

Just by the way:
If you pass 4,8 GHz with Settings on Auto, your CPU is taking much more then 1,38Vcore.

Uncore Voltage Offset?

Just by the way:
If you pass 4,8 GHz with Settings on Auto, your CPU is taking much more then 1,38Vcore.

No loadline callibrarion so far. @WoodCabin also does not use any. No time to commit this tremendous effort.

No specific uncore voltage offset (auto).

Did not touch CPU Input Voltage (Auto)

Any suggestions for the latter two settings?

Usually of course I disable SVID. But after the microcode updates with ASUS, it does not seem anymore necessary. Similar results with SVID enabled or disabled. Without SVID, there is no Wattage display in IPG anyway.

I hardly used core voltage set to auto when passing to 4.8 GHz. As stated, core voltage on auto works fine with 4.7GHz and als reveals best benchmarks. Geekbench works fine with 4.8 GHz snd 1.22V core voltage.

In any case, what does not work is running Geekbench on my sample with 1.25V vcore and 4.9GHz. Not even 1.38V leaves stable results during the benchmark. How far you would go with vcore, without risking health of mainboard or CPU?

Cheers,

KGP

Uncore Voltage Offset?

Just by the way:
My hackintosh change the graphics card of Vega 64. No crashing and works great~!

1.) Never use Unibeast with Skylake-X/X299!
2.) When using my EFI-Folder, did you add TSCAdjustReset.kext?
3.) If your system still does not boot, revise once more your BIOS settings
4.) Forget about Sierra
5.) Learn to provide a detailed bug report
6.) Add your Skylake-X/X299 system specs to either your profile or signature.

Thanks in advance and good luck,

KGP

Thanks so much for helping!

1.) I tried to attempt your tutorial for making the bootable disk but was initially unable to make the drive bootable. On a subsequent attempt I was successful so now I have a working Installer.

2.) Not initially but now I have added TSCAdjustReset.kext and was able to successfully boot and load HS. Much appreciated. Long day/night..

I'm going through the rest of your tutorial and I'm on to PCI implementation. I've been going over post #4851 and it all makes a lot of sense but I'm stumped on editing the SSDT. I've tried MaciASL and DSDTE but whenever I try to open the aml to edit it I get an error from either program. I tried opening other amls but get the same message. I'm sure it's a simple thing that I'm just ignorant of but this is in territory quite above my depth.

Thanks again and I really appreciate the help.

No loadline callibrarion so far. @WoodCabin also does not use any. No time to commit this tremendous effort.

No specific uncore voltage offset (auto).

Did not touch CPU Input Voltage (Auto)

Any suggestions for the latter two settings?

Usually of course I disable SVID. But after the microcode updates with ASUS, it does not seem anymore necessary. Similar results with SVID enabled or disabled. Without SVID, there is no Wattage display in IPG anyway.

I hardly used core voltage set to auto when passing to 4.8 GHz. As stated, core voltage on auto works fine with 4.7GHz and als reveals best benchmarks. Geekbench works fine with 4.8 GHz snd 1.22V core voltage.

In any case, what does not work is running Geekbench on my sample with 1.25V vcore and 4.9GHz. Not even 1.38V leaves stable results during the benchmark. How far you would go with vcore, without risking health of mainboard or CPU?

Cheers,

KGP
hi,my friend, I used Vega 64 graphics run the cinbench only can 121.79 fps,is there need the set the cloverconfigurator for graphics? Or need to set the bios of moboo?

I thought that by 10.13.4, there was native support for the Aquantia 10G LAN chipset. However, it is not being detected on my Rampage VI Extreme board in 10.13.4; Windows 10 detects it fine. Do I need a special kext or something?

Thanks!

hi,my friend, I used Vega 64 graphics run the cinbench only can 121.79 fps,is there need the set the cloverconfigurator for graphics? Or need to set the bios of moboo?

Not that I would now. I used @jyavenard’s vegagraphicsfixup.kext and the most recent vega SSDT implementation of @apfelnico, posted few pages ago.

Not that I would now. I used @jyavenard’s vegagraphicsfixup.kext and the most recent vega SSDT implementation of @apfelnico, posted few pages ago.
can you share the Vega ssdt for me?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back