i9-7940X
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Changing a subject a bit.
Is it possible to hibernate my Hackintosh instead of putting it to sleep or shutdown?

The main reason for my question is dual-boot win/MacOs. I sometimes use windows to play games, however, it would be nice to have all apps and system state exactly where I left when I go back to macos.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Also, I originally disabled both onboard X299 Ethernet adapters in BIOS because I don't need them. However, it is mandatory to enable at least one of them (and confirm in ifconfig that its name is en0), otherwise purchased apps from the App Store won't launch (verification error).

For most folks you're right, but.....I have a 10GbE adapter and with no intervention by me it got listed as en0 almost immediately (probably because of the iMac Pro system designation), and I had no issues updating from the App Store....

I think the key is that whatever network adapter you use to access the App store, it must be listed as en0.....and there are ways to get that assigned (en0) to a new adapter if someone wants to dig around and find the way to get that done.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think the key is that whatever network adapter you use to access the App store, it must be listed as en0.....and there are ways to get that assigned (en0) to a new adapter if someone wants to dig around and find the way to get that done.

I agree that it's only the en0 part that seems to matter in the end (I removed the "mandatory" bit from my post now). I spent some time trying to make this work by other means (such as editing Boot.plist, removing NetworkPreferences etc.) as suggested in a myriad of other threads, none of which worked for me. Things improved only after re-enabling an Ethernet adapter, so I assumed that this would be the case in general.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I received my Broadcom Airport card today (this product on Amazon). It's the "…CS" version, and it got recognized and worked immediately after installation – I didn't have to add @kgp's patches or any other aml changes. Earlier iterations have received bad Amazon feedback because of poor signal range and flimsy antennas, but in the meantime the Chinese seem to have upped their game. My card came with 3 large (5dBi gain) antennas, and 802.11n as well as BT range is much better now than with my former MacBook Pro in the same location. Airdrop from my iPhone 8 also works… this X299 build is rapidly becoming so much better than any genuine Mac I owned before :angel:

IMG_0577.JPG Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 21.32.39.png Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 21.37.07.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Reactions: kgp
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Noticed some free software that may be useful: "Macs Fan Control"
http://mac.majorgeeks.com/files/details/macs_fan_control.html

I've been using this on my genuine iMac for some time to override the 100% fan spin caused by a 3rd party SSD without thermal sensor. On my Hackintosh however, no sensors are recognized (with the exception of hard disk SMART temperatures). Does this work with the HWSensor kexts too, like iStat? My X299 motherboard already manages fan control so I don't need the app for that, but its temperature display in the menubar would be handy nevertheless… and it's free.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'd like to add "Mountain" (http://appgineers.de/mountain/) to the mix. Like Jettison, it costs a few Euros. Its features are mostly identical to the other two; just thought I'd mention this as an additional choice.

Good advice! Seems to be the most reliable of all related apps..

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
Intel i9-7900X
Graphics
AORUS GTX 1080 TI-X Waterforce WB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I managed to get HDMI audio working. I scanned your post and saw where you mentioned that other GPUs might would be different on the Fredwst patch. Duh! I'd changed the device IDs in the SSDT but not here. For anyone else who might be reading this with the same problem for a 1060 you do the following for the Fredwst patch:

Code:
Name*                                 Find* [HEX]         Replace* [HEX]        Comment
com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController   DE100B0E            DE10F110              FredWst DP/HDMI patch

For some reason since I changed this disabling the ACPI Patch for CAVS->HDEF doesn't break audio anymore, so the SSDT must be working. Now onward to thunderbolt and Windows. Audio has been an adventure to say the least.
@dustinwilson what did you use to get the new HEX number in your "Replace" section specific for your card? I am having the same issue with my Nvidia audio not implementing. I know how to convert a number into HEX, but in reading through the forum I am not tracking on what identifying number from the card do I use to convert into HEX for this replacement to work.

Motherboard
ASROCK H270 Pro4
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 670
After my third Nvidia related kernel panic today, I am officially done trying to make these cards work. It's heartbreaking, because I really do need CUDA for my Adobe applications, but the constant KPs are just not acceptable.

@kgp : can I verify with you that the card you are talking about here

By means of my Vega SSDT PCI device implementation outlined in Section 9.2.2, all available ports on the Gigabyte Vega 64 (3x HDMI, 3x DP), including multi-monitor support and display hot plug are automatically and successfully implemented.

Is specifically the RX VEGA 64 GAMING OC 8G?

Because that is the only Vega 64 card from that company that has those ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.