Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@djlild7hina, @kubusikan ,

You both know that Shiki.kext is a Lilu plugin and requires the most actual Lilu.kext to work?
Sure. ;)
I was using Lilu 1.2.4, NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.7 and Shiki 2.2.6 when it did not work.
And these are the kexts still in place.

As i was curious what would happen, i removed both kexts regarding the ethernet ports (Intelmausi & SmallTree) as the "DRM-Things" are tied to the MAC-Address somehow. The only MAC-Address remaining was the one of the Airport Card that i'm using.

Doing so led to to a prompt in iTunes to reauthorize with my login. Interesting...
I did so but wasn't still able to playback any DRM Video content.
So i went ahead and deauthorized this computer and logged out under the Account menu item in iTunes (not sure about the exact wording in the english version as i'm using it in german).
After this i followed the paragraph How do I reset my DRM configuration (may be needed to fix the crashes)? in the Shiki FAQ https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.en.md

I did two reboots as stated and logged back in in iTunes and reauthorized my computer under the Account menu item.
Now i am able to play the movies! Nice! :)

But i am not sure if this will last. Hopefully it will.

Yeah, just tried again with only the Vega Fixup kext installed, WEG removed, and no FB injection of any kind, and the display turns off half way through the boot process and doesn't come back. Thanks for the suggestion!
You need Lilu.kext installed as well

Has anyone crashed installing cuda for mac and using the Adobe CC product? I crashed after installing cuda for mac when use Adobe CC :(
----
I also thank to KGP for having a full and heartfelt topic

Hi Folks

I am wondering what I do wrong:
I have 2 monitors connected to my 1080ti,
main monitor 35" 3440x1440 display port
second monitor 28" 2560x1080 HDMI

The main monitor is running without any issues. The second monitor every now and then goes black for a couple of seconds and then recovers. The interval between those blackouts is variant between 2 minutes and > 10 minutes. If I have running some thing full screen on the second monitor it does not blackout at all.

Did anybody have a similar behaviour on his system?

All the Best
Frank

I tried to install High Sierra on a standard SSD (SanDisk SSD plus 120 GB) waiting for cloning it to my NVMe Samsung 960 Pro disk, as suggested by @rugula. I followed exactly the guide, but at point D.4) 7.) the booting process definitively stops (after several intermediate interruptions): here is a picture. Please, could anyone help me? Thank you!

IMG_1154_.jpg

Major Skylake-X/X299 Guide Update

Adding full Aquantia AQC107 10-GBit Ethernet support (ASUS XG-C100C)

Credits to @Mieze, @mikeboss, @d5aqoep and @mm2margaret.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 11.40.45.png

Ethernet.png

PCI-Device-Implementation.png

Network.png

Guide Related modifications:
  • Revision of Introduction
  • Revision of Table of Contents
  • New Section E.8), E.8.1) and E.8.2)
  • New Section E.9.2.10.)
  • New SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml implemented and attached to the guide in the originating post of this thread (once more attached here blow)
Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:,

kgp.png

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml.zip
    3 KB · Views: 165
As i was curious what would happen, i removed both kexts regarding the ethernet ports (Intelmausi & SmallTree) as the "DRM-Things" are tied to the MAC-Address somehow. The only MAC-Address remaining was the one of the Airport Card that i'm using.
Just like to add that i put back both ethernet kexts (IntelMausi & SmallTree) back before the procedure i described.
They were removed for testing purposes and have had no effect on the DRM problem as far as i can see.

TB 3 Hot plug does not work.
The cable header is connected to the PCI card.
I tried disconnect the cable but no luck.
The AML file is in the patched directory,.
My Thunderbolt 3 dock (OWC) is working. When I boot the system, it detects my Thunderbolt screen and the USB drive attached to it. But, when I disconnect the cable and re-connect it, the USB and all other devices (besides the screen) are not working.

Any idea ?
me too:banghead::banghead:

Hello, @kgp Hope you are well. just wanted to ask you if you know or might be able to check the logic pro x performance on the new updates? I was certain everything was working well on 10.13.3. but rolling back is a bit of a challenge at the moment. I understand our specs are very different, but i am basically getting system overload issues and the CPU response feel sticky. the graphics on the gain meters stagger after the overload message appears and resets to null.

Cheers

Hello, @kgp Hope you are well. just wanted to ask you if you know or might be able to check the logic pro x performance on the new updates? I was certain everything was working well on 10.13.3. but rolling back is a bit of a challenge at the moment. I understand our specs are very different, but i am basically getting system overload issues and the CPU response feel sticky. the graphics on the gain meters stagger after the overload message appears and resets to null.

Cheers

Just tested the Logic X performance with Test Hyperthreading Bug.logicx under 10.13.4 SU

No issues at all and everything as expected!

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back