Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this #7276 and adjust framebuffer to Baffin in Clover config/graphics and with VegaFixup kext ( without WEG kext)
Setting that frame buffer worked. Do I need to run the enable all cores script? It doesn't seem to be up-to-date with the kext names in the system (and I like to run a vanilla system, too).

Last edited:
Take a look on my IOReg :

With those seetings :
- the Amd9500Controller.kext is loaded
- the AMDRadeonX4000_AMDEllesmereGraphicsAccelerator too and the right device id for RX 580 in IOPCIMatch

For me seems alright.

( I did some research there is also this thread with the same config https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rx580-dell-up2715k-and-sierra-10-12-5.225343/)

just edited with another thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/enabling-5k-display-with-ati-radeon-rx480-580.225278/ seems to be more Vanilla ;-)

Attachments

• Loloflatsix_GPU_IOReg_09_05 .jpeg
    Loloflatsix_GPU_IOReg_09_05 .jpeg
    615.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I really appreciate the help and advice. OK, big one - I believe I've followed @kgp's instructions to the letter (including resetting back to the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, yet my PCI information looks like the attached image.
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 22.34.25.png

It's almost like the SSDTs and ACPI patches aren't being applied - the renames are working, I've verified that in IOReg - but the SSDT changes aren't showing up. Any quick ideas of where I may have gone wrong? I've attached my clover directory for reference.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    306 KB · Views: 91
  • CLOVER.zip
    18 MB · Views: 84
I really appreciate the help and advice. OK, big one - I believe I've followed @kgp's instructions to the letter (including resetting back to the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, yet my PCI information looks like the attached image.
View attachment 330394

It's almost like the SSDTs and ACPI patches aren't being applied - the renames are working, I've verified that in IOReg - but the SSDT changes aren't showing up. Any quick ideas of where I may have gone wrong? I've attached my clover directory for reference.

Your SSDT is not working at all. Note that if one SDDT device implementation fails, all SSDT device implementations will fail. Once more, i don‘t know how many times I already did to others along this thread ;), I recommend to start with a minimal SSDT, likely just implementing HDEF, GFX0 snd HDAU. If that works, start adding stepwise further PCI devices.

Good luck,

KGP

Last edited:
Thanks KGP - I'll search more carefully when I hit a problem next time. I appreciate all the time you've put into these build instructions - thank you :)

Hi kgp, with the new version of MaciASL from Rehabman, DSDT of X299 is able to be correctly modified. Would u like to collect and post some direct DSDT patches for us?
Much obliged!

Hi kgp, with the new version of MaciASL from Rehabman, DSDT of X299 is able to be correctly modified. Would u like to collect and post some direct DSDT patches for us?
Much obliged!

I am not at all a fan of DSDT's :lol: .. @apfelnico already provided direct DSDT patching for X299.. I guess he would be the right person to address your personal wishes and desires.. ;)

I prefer to remain with SSDTs and config.plist ACPI replacements...

I am not at all a fan of DSDT's :lol: .. @apfelnico already provided direct DSDT patching for X299.. I guess he would be the right person to address your personal wishes and desires.. ;)

I prefer to remain with SSDTs and config.plist ACPI replacements...
Got it! Thanks for reply.

TB 3 Hot plug does not work.
The cable header is connected to the PCI card.
I tried disconnect the cable but no luck.
The AML file is in the patched directory,.
My Thunderbolt 3 dock (OWC) is working. When I boot the system, it detects my Thunderbolt screen and the USB drive attached to it. But, when I disconnect the cable and re-connect it, the USB and all other devices (besides the screen) are not working.

Any idea ?

Hey Guys, any logic pro x users notice a serious drop in performance after 10.13.4 or 10.13.4SU? can get the Logic Hyperthreading test to smoothly play at all. I was experiencing problems with one of my projects with a very few tracks when I decided to run the test to check if everything was running smoothly and to my surprise it seem to not be able to do that anymore. Running logic 10.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back