Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but based on your description I really have no clue what could be the source of your problems. I don't witness any of this kind of issues on my system.

I don't know how to fix your issues because I also do not know what are exactly your issues.

I only can tell you that everything should work if implemented as described in my guide.

Good luck, man!

Some success!!!
I implemented your SSDT-X299-iMacPro.asl
Went into MaciASL ans IOREg (first time I do) and corrected a few things including WiFi+Bluetooth
AND...
No More Sleep issue using Thunderbolt, Hot Plug working fixed thanks to you!!

:headbang::headbang:

I still have the USB devices unplugging when sleeping, then they reconnect but that little annoying notification sucks so I used SafeSleepUSBv1.2.
I didn't implement the video card.
I looked at your NVidia implementation and then at the Vega implementation and I couldn't quite get how I should setup my RX580.
Maybe there's someone in the Forum that has a RX something implemented and can post it so I get it.

Thanks again, things are getting nice!

@zzmadd : Just use my USB Kext and you should not have any problems at all...

Attachments

• X299USB.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 92
Hello my friend, glad to be back!

Hey yo,
Here is mine, follow all the Terminal code, flashing good.
Now you may seen some people experience the Flashing BIOS light stay solid, here is the tip,
Make sure your USB Flash drive complete format with FAT32, no EFI partition on that flash drive, use Window format is the best option. I ran into the BIOS light stay solid too cuz I was using ones of my flash drive been formatted with Mac Journey,
If you doing it right, you will see the flash drive blinking at the same time with BIOS flash light, (see the Video Attached)
Let me know how it goes, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks dude works like charm
just build a GPU rendering Workstation that is a small sample,with two 1080Ti. 1.jpg
Unigine_benchmark_results.jpg

Just use the port showing in Ioreg, after you save the edited plist it will become something like DgAAAA or so.

Just use my kext as the template since the necessary part is already there and just add or remove HS Ports/SS Ports which are unused.

But don't load the kext into your EFI.
First verify all ports and make some notes which Port is Originally which one (USB 2 Port will be defined as 0 - USB 3 Port as 3 and Bluetooth WIFI will do its job with 0 or 255)

My kext features the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe and of course the Designare
but there is maybe still some work needed since I dont use the USB 3 Port on the top of the Motherboard.

You seem to have only implemented the XHCI for the intel USB controller, there's the ASMedia one as well (the Designare has one ASMedia USB 3.1 controller as well). Or maybe you don't use that one.

You seem to have only implemented the XHCI for the intel USB controller, there's the ASMedia one as well (the Designare has one ASMedia USB 3.1 controller as well). Or maybe you don't use that one.

Like I said before I‘ve implemented only those connectors which I use, those are the one‘s on the bottom of the board.
If someone who use the other connectors would provide the missing data I would implement them also in my kext.
I've developed the kext only for my personal use and not for everyone to be honest.
The ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe is fully implemented within my kext with all controllers - just by the way! :)

Last edited:
@JH1 :
Yes this method provides proper power distribution.
Yes, actually you can use 0/3/or go with 255 as Internal.
Its up to you as long as you dont set an usb 3 device to 0 and wonder why it won't work like it should.
Most of the time I set 0 on a Wifi/Bluetooth Card 255 would be actually correct.
Sorry dont now RehabMan's Guide and never was interested in it.

Thanks brother!!

Like I said before I‘ve implemented only those connectors which I use, those are the one‘s on the bottom of the board.
If someone who use the other connectors would provide the missing data I would implement them also in my kext.
I've developed the kext only for my personal use and not for everyone to be honest.
The ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe is fully implemented within my kext with all controllers - just by the way! :)

Thats okay.
I've now done the one for the ASROCK X299, all ports are now working perfectly. Which wasn't the case before, I couldnt get the USB3 internal port to work, they are connected via an ASM107x hub on the Intel XHCI.

Now I'm going to try getting the TB3 card to work.
I still can't put this box to sleep, super annoying. What are you guys doing to get sleep to work? This is now my 3 motherboards. It has never worked so far,..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back