Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you use an USB port limit patch? Maybe you need it, please try it if not already in use. Normally devices which are natively implemented like the USB ports on the Thunderbolt Display should work out of the box.

Yes, I have the port limit patch in, and I'm back on 10.13.3.

So maybe you setup something wrong on your Motherboard or you need the patch.
I have removed all DSDT/SSDT but the thunderbolt hotplug one (well, the one supposed to fix hotplug, it doesn't)

If this will not help remove the usb Kext and send me an Ioregistryexplorer file!

But this will take some time until I can have a look on it, since this week is just heavy overload for me with my Full Time Job, on the first place and really annoying work times. I will try to help you as soon as possible of course.

Thanks for the offer, but I think that by that time I would have ditched the ASRock board anyway :)
the only thing that worries me with the Asus, is that it wouldn't boot with my Apple TB3 screen plugged in, complaining of too high power draw. This was with the Asus Thunderbolt3 EX card. Hopefully with the ASRock it won't do that.

You could try to remove the thunderbolt hot plug one aswell, maybe its some kinda way related to the issue.
Just a thought nothing I could relay on.

@zzmadd : Just use my USB Kext and you should not have any problems at all...

Thanks for sharing!
So that I understand, why are there 3 USB definitions inside the info.plist?
one for MacPro6,1
one for iMac17,1
one for iMacPro1,1

Thanks a lot!!

1) If you would use an different smbios the Kext would not work.
2) the Kext ist not only for one mainboard !
It’s for the ASUS X299 and also the designare.

Each Motherboard has a different port path so each of the entries is different. Of course it could cross with other motherboards but again this Kext was made for just my personal use and my mainboards and with them it works perfectly.

Does Bluetooth on that board work for you?
It's not recognised here

@justdatruth Any chances you could upload your EFI folder, I'm not having much luck with this board, very different to the Asus/Gigabyte.
Could you post all the changes you've made in the BIOS?

Are you using any SSDT/DSDT, any patches?
any kexts ?

Thanks

Hey,

I was away over the weekend, hence the late reply. Do you still need the EFI folder?

I am using an SSDT and some clover DSDT patches. Kexts wise im using the ones that come with the efi folder attached to this guide plus AppleALC, LILU and IntelSmalltree iirc.

Oh and Bluetooth is recognized yes

Hey,

I was away over the weekend, hence the late reply. Do you still need the EFI folder?

I am using an SSDT and some clover DSDT patches. Kexts wise im using the ones that come with the efi folder attached to this guide plus AppleALC, LILU and IntelSmalltree iirc.

Oh and bluetooth is recognised yes

Yes please...

your EFI folder would be more than welcome.

Edit: And your BIOS settings as well (I can't believe the ASRock Bios doesn't let you save the current bios settings everywhere)
Thank you
Edit2: I'm running BIOS 1.40 if that makes a difference

Yes please...

your EFI folder would be more than welcome.

Edit: And your BIOS settings as well (I can't believe the ASRock Bios doesn't let you save the current bios settings everywhere)
Thank you
Edit2: I'm running BIOS 1.40 if that makes a difference

Cool, will grab that for you when im back home.

I can export my BIOS settings to USB and I'm also running 1.4, so it might be easier if i give you the file (Assuming the fact we have different Asrock MBs doesnt matter)

Cool, will grab that for you when im back home.

I can export my BIOS settings to USB and I'm also running 1.4, so it might be easier if i give you the file (Assuming the fact we have different Asrock MBs doesnt matter)

thank you.
The difference in MB will likely matter as there are entries about the 10gig LAN in there...
Any chances you could take photos of the various pages?

And more important question... when will you be back home !???? I have received the asus board, can't wait to test again that one.
I tried to use the Asus TB3 card in the ASRock, it works, but the settings to disable the device checks is non-effective, so you always got to go in windows to allow the device to be plugged in first.

thank you.
The difference in MB will likely matter as there are entries about the 10gig LAN in there...
Any chances you could take photos of the various pages?

And more important question... when will you be back home !???? I have received the asus board, can't wait to test again that one.
I tried to use the Asus TB3 card in the ASRock, it works, but the settings to disable the device checks is non-effective, so you always got to go in windows to allow the device to be plugged in first.

Yeah I can take the necessary pics. Should be back in no more than a couple of hours!!

Back to dual boot gpu discussion: AMD + Nvidia (AMD enabled, Nvidia ignored, boot beyond black screen without Nvidia drivers installed)

DSM2 & Rulebreaker01

Guys, I found this guide. It is too advanced for me, can you make sense of it and help to get my Nvidia disabled on X299?

The author of the thread mentioned, it can be used for Nvidia desktop gpu disablement as well...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back