Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rulebreaker01, Could you provide me your Asrock x299 Kext?
Honestly nothing and I dont like to mess around with ssdt's and so on like you saw in my EFI Folder.
I always do just a clean install and afterwords setting everything correctly one device after another.
As soon as everything works with one device I begin with the next one, this way I can find problems better and faster.

But possibly I know something what could help you..

Try to add this to your config.plist:

KerneltoPatch

Find - BE030000 0031D2E8 72FCFFFF
Replace - BE030000 0031D290 90909090

Comment - xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha

Honestly nothing and I dont like to mess around with ssdt's and so on like you saw in my EFI Folder.
I always do just a clean install and afterwords setting everything correctly one device after another.
As soon as everything works with one device I begin with the next one, this way I can find problems better and faster.

But possibly I know something what could help you..

Try to add this to your config.plist:

KerneltoPatch

Find - BE030000 0031D2E8 72FCFFFF
Replace - BE030000 0031D290 90909090

Comment - xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha

Just found some minutes to read the most recent posts. Currently with strong flu moving to a new flat. Very limited time and energy to comment here on the respective posts.

Let me just outline the most necessary:

1.) Not every SSDT is necessarily a mess! If somebody knows what he/she does, a SSDT can be as sophisticated as any comparable kext.

2.) I still do not see any necessity for any fallback to the former board specific XHC USB Kext implementation. The native OSX XHC USB Kext implementation should be valid for ALL X299 mainboards.

3.) My XHC USB kext creation guideline ist not a German -> Englich translation of Brumbear’s initial idea.

4.) The core_scope kernel patch is only required for mainboard users with locked MSR register.

Enjoy and have fun,

KGP

Last edited:
Hey folks, it has been a while - I am still working on a dual NVIDIA/AMD graphic card implementation. Here is my challenge (for those who read it for the first time):

a) In OSX I want to use a Vega RX64 or Frontier Edition for smooth rendering in FCPX
b) In Windows I want to use a NVIDIA Titan xP for h265 10bit rendering in StaxRip

Problem: If the NVIDIA Card is installed in parallel to the AMD card, it will always be set as primary GFX adapter by OSX during boot. In other words: When I move the HDMI cable from the NVIDIA card to the AMD card, I get a black screen during boot of 10.3.3 SA as a consequence of this behavior.

Possible solutions to the issue:

1) Disable PCIe port of Nvidia card in BIOS for boot into osx - to my knowledge no such function exists on X299 deluxe unfortunately
2) Implement a switch in clover boot section to ignore NVIDIA cards or PCIe slots
3) Maybe a simple kext that helps to ignore NVIDIA cards?

Could anyone with coding experience maybe help on 2) or3) ?

DSM2 ;-)

Thanks so much!

[/QUOTE]

Looking at the ASRock X299 Professional Gaming board from the top, with the panel connector in the bottom left section we have the following USB ports:

[CODE]
USB3.1g2-USB.C USB3.1-H USB3.1-H
RP07.SLT7 ??? HS09
??? SSP01

USB2.0
HS02

USB2.0
HS04
[/CODE]

I can't say what's going to the internal USB3 connector, to be able to plug it I would have to unscrew the motherboard from the case due to its very difficult access.
I could easily play with the USB2.0 internal header (that's where the H115i is connected).
My case only have two USB connectors anyway..

Rear panel:
[CODE]
USB2.0 ETH 10GETH ETH
HS08

USB2.0 USB3.0 USB3.0 USB3.1
HS07 HS06 HS13 RP01.SLT1
SSP06 SSP04

USB3.0 USB3.0 USB3.1
HS05 HS12 RP01.SLT1
SSP05 SSP03
[/CODE]

[QUOTE]Honestly nothing and I dont like to mess around with ssdt's and so on like you saw in my EFI Folder.[/QUOTE]
I've come to the conclusion that all this DSDT stuff serves absolutely *zero* purpose other than showing a nice list in the PCI section. Stuff for which I don't care one bit. It's not like I go look at that list very often...

[QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

That's what I do too, I've spent hours on this :(

I hate this motherboard.
If I could get everything working easily, the fact that it has working 10gig ethernet (though I have no need for this currently) and has excellent VRM and cooling, I could have put up with it.
But not only I appear to be the only person with it, the manual sucks, and that it's so badly laid and that it doesn't work any better than the designare. It serves no purpose.

I'm getting another X299 Deluxe tomorrow, I'll likely use this one simply for the working USB-C at the back. With no USBC hotplug, the designare is annoying.

Attachments

• X299USB.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 84
2.) I still do not see any necessity for any fallback to the former board specific XHC USB Kext implementation. The native OSX XHC USB Kext implementation should be valid for ALL X299 mainboards.

Unfortunately, with that method, the internal USB3 connector on the ASRock does not work out of the box
And on the Designare, only the connector next to the PSU works, the one next to the 22 pins motherboard connector doesn't work.

DSM2 kext (following your instructions) allowed me to get access to those ports.

Hey folks, it has been a while - I am still working on a dual NVIDIA/AMD graphic card implementation. Here is my challenge (for those who read it for the first time):

a) In OSX I want to use a Vega RX64 or Frontier Edition for smooth rendering in FCPX
b) In Windows I want to use a NVIDIA Titan xP for h265 10bit rendering in StaxRip

I have tried *hours* to do exactly that on my system... I have *never* succeeded.
At best I got nvidia to work. But only if it's in slot 1 and the vega is in slot 3.

Otherwise I get a black screen on both cards.
I've tried a lot of things without much success....

so if you find a way, please make sure to report here !!!

And on the Designare, only the connector next to the PSU works, the one next to the 22 pins motherboard connector doesn't work.

DSM2 kext (following your instructions) allowed me to get access to those ports.

Be sure I will add the connector nearby to the Motherboard soon aswell :)

Thanks by the way for your Kext, will include your input aswell in my Kext soon.

Be sure I will add the connector nearby to the Motherboard soon aswell :)

Thanks by the way for your Kext, will include your input aswell in my Kext soon.

Actually, I spoke too fast. The USB ports on my Apple thunderbolt display no longer work. That includes the facetime camera and speakers.
If the kext needs to be adjusted whenever you add a new TB hub (I have a belkin TB3 hub too) it's going to be a massive inconvenience.

3) Maybe a simple kext that helps to ignore NVIDIA cards?

Could anyone with coding experience maybe help on 2) or3) ?

Thanks so much!

You gave me another idea to try for solution 3.
Theres already a NVidiaFixup kext that does detection on the card.
Developing this however is extremely time consuming, as whenever you want to test and it doesn't work, you must remove the NVidia card from the motherboard.

Actually, I spoke too fast. The USB ports on my Apple thunderbolt display no longer work. That includes the facetime camera and speakers.
If the kext needs to be adjusted whenever you add a new TB hub (I have a belkin TB3 hub too) it's going to be a massive inconvenience.

Do you use an USB port limit patch? Maybe you need it, please try it if not already in use. Normally devices which are natively implemented like the USB ports on the Thunderbolt Display should work out of the box.

So maybe you setup something wrong on your Motherboard or you need the patch.

If this will not help remove the usb Kext and send me an Ioregistryexplorer file!

But this will take some time until I can have a look on it, since this week is just heavy overload for me with my Full Time Job, on the first place and really annoying work times. I will try to help you as soon as possible of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back