Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did and ended up with the exact same problem with the clone install. So, I chose to try again using your guide with a clean install (then restored). Could it be it’s because of a bios setting or some kext that maybe stored in the library/extensions folder?

I can’t figure it out the “MACH reboot” error? How Can I get through

Apparently the clean install works, right? Thus, why the error should be related to a bios setting? As long you do not restore your former system drive, everything works fine, isn't it?

It is impossible for me to know what exactly on your former system disk makes the system unusable.

I’m going to try one more install. This time I am staying away from restoring. Wish me luck

That's what I would have suggested anyway.. Only this way we can figure out if your clean install else works properly..

Good luck !

I’m doing a clean install as we speak. Only this time, unlike last, I’m not restoring.

So to answer your question, I haven’t done a clean install that works just yet. I’ll update either way when this clean install is through.

By the way, I’m a big fan of your attention to detail. What a great guide

Reactions: kgp
I’m doing a clean install as we speak. Only this time, unlike last, I’m not restoring.

So to answer your question, I haven’t done a clean install that works just yet. I’ll update either way when this clean install is through.

By the way, I’m a big fan of your attention to detail. What a great guide

Can you do me the favour to add your Skylake-X/X299 details (mobo, CPU, GPU) to your profile or signature thus all all other users can see them?

Thanks in advance!

KGP

kgp, can you help me understand what will happen if i change my SMOB from SMBIOS iMAC 17,1 to MacPro6,1 ?

kgp, can you help me understand what will happen if i change my SMOB from SMBIOS iMAC 17,1 to MacPro6,1 ?

1.) You will loose my support
2.) You will not be able to run XCPM by means of ssdtPRGen.sh and ssdt.aml
3.) Also my XHC USB Kext will stop working
4.) you can change the thread

Better don‘t ask me that question again ;)

Ok , lol - i won't :)
also, do any of you guys encountered a sudden crash when lunching SIRI or sudden reboots when installing apps ?

Reactions: kgp
Ok , lol - i won't :)
also, do any of you guys encountered a sudden crash when lunching SIRI or sudden reboots when installing apps ?

Me at least I did not witness any of these problems you mention above... Everything works flawless... also Siri..

Interesting, maybe it's because i'm using thunderbolt display connected to the thunderbolt card :/

Can you do me the favour to add your Skylake-X/X299 details (mobo, CPU, GPU) to your profile or signature thus all all other users can see them?

Thanks in advance!

KGP
Yes no problem. My apologies for not including everything:
- Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7
- i9 7920x
- WD nvme 512gb
- Nvidia GeForce 750 ti sc

Good news and bad news:
Good news is the clean install yielded getting through the install and booting all the way through for the first time.
Bad news is as I was in High Sierra, my Nvidia drivers were giving me the usual artifacts. I downloaded Nvidia Web Driver and started to install it. While installing I got an error. Clicked OK and the installer went all the way through.
After reboot from system drive it went through an endless loop of black screen then reboot. It seems that Nvidia Web Drivers broke High Sierra. I remembered reading something in your post about Nvidia drivers being somewhat flimsy. I started to edit the config file on the USB stick. 0x67 to 0x0 under RT variables in Clover and going back to the new Hackintosh and trying to boot. Here's as far as the Hackintosh went:
Please walk me through the next steps.

IMG_1630.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back