Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp - BTW, running i9-7900x @ 4,6Ghz with Asus Multicore enhancements enabled stable. Geekbench multi-core score is around 43400.
:thumbup:

Please update your profile and provide system details!

Last edited:
I’m running into a problem. After installing everything and restoring I get the infamous “Mach Reboot” and not to mention the preboot from preboot and FileVault. What Can I do to fix these errors and to at least successfully boot?

i9 7820x, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7, 32gigs ram 3200, Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti.

I’m running into a problem. After installing everything and restoring I get the infamous “Mach Reboot” and not to mention the preboot from preboot and FileVault. What Can I do to fix these errors and to at least successfully boot?

i9 7820x, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7, 32gigs ram 3200, Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti.

What do you mean by "After installing everything and restoring"??

Has anyone had any luck getting the 1220A audio to work without VoodooHDA?

What do you mean by "After installing everything and restoring"??

It goes through the entire installation process successfully. Then I’m given the option to setup as new or restore from a time machine backup, I select from backup. Goes through restoring my apps, files, etc... then it reboots and instead of booting into macOS High Sierra it fails and I get the MACH reboot error.

It goes through the entire installation process successfully. Then I’m given the option to setup as new or restore from a time machine backup, I select from backup. Goes through restoring my apps, files, etc... then it reboots and instead of booting into macOS High Sierra it fails and I get the MACH reboot error.

I never tried to restore data from a backup during a clean install... Why don't you directly perform a macOS update on a clone of your previous system disk? In this case, you do not have to restore anything...

I did and ended up with the exact same problem with the clone install. So, I chose to try again using your guide with a clean install (then restored). Could it be it’s because of a bios setting or some kext that maybe stored in the library/extensions folder?

I can’t figure it out the “MACH reboot” error? How Can I get through

I never tried to restore data from a backup during a clean install... Why don't you directly perform a macOS update on a clone of your previous system disk? In this case, you do not have to restore anything...
I’m going to try one more install. This time I am staying away from restoring. Wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back