Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
a.) You really have to get your graphics working with SMBIOS iMac17,1! It is absolutely possible! Don't use the CPU without
XCPM! SMBIOS iMac18,3 is definitely not the solution. Concerning your reboots see also my post #568!​

b.) Usually the config.plist FakeCPUID and CPU-Type entries also help in properly displaying the CPU properties within Apple's
System Report. Just in the case of the i9-7980XE, the latter seems not to be the case!​

b.)No it reboot again....I'm trying to update the system first.

a.) If Clover Configuration is not working when change the SMBIOS to iMac 17,1, I'm gonna reinstall my system again later. I'll try my best to enable XCPM! For the Beast :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
:headbang::headbang::headbang: Beast now also dominated under macOS High Sierra 10.13 :headbang::headbang::headbang:

What I did:

a.) Unchecked "Apple RTC" and "AppleIntelCPUPM" and "KernelPM" in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section of Clover
Configurator
b.) Disabled "ASUS MultiCore Enhancement" in the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe BIOS

c.) Checked the boot flags "slide=0" and "dart=0" under "Arguments" in the "Boot" Section of the Clover Configurator (note that
these two latter boot flags might not be required in any case)​
The system is now absolutely stable and just performing flawless also under macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplementary Update :headbang:

18 hours of work to find these few tiny modifications o_O

But it was definitely worth to do! All issues resolved! :headbang:

I feel much lighter and relaxed now :lol:

:thumbup: Yuppiiiii :thumbup:

KGP we are proud of you... it's a very very good news :D
but do you sleep sometimes :ugeek:o_O ? :p

Yesterday at 1 a.m. I reinstalled High Sierra, and I was never so smooth, fast and beautiful
- especially without memory (bla pages 0xyz ) problem :p
What was weird - with lily and whatever green (the newest versions) I didn't have
my Vega 64 recognised - It was only AMD XXX 8 Gb
so after few changes with old whatever green and lily and then go back to new whatevergreen kext - work properly :)

No changes about performance ...
I have a new (from iPad) account with which I used iMessages
I bought some apps etc... but on OS X -> "still the same error" - I think (like some people said on forum)
for new Mac-s on HighSierra or new Skylake Mac-s it doesn't work.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I have 100% legal apple account, which work perfect on apple devices,
I reinstalled my OSX carefully a lot of times for clean perfect config
with KGP advices and iMsg guides - still "Conact support" 8798-numbers-...."
It is the last thing which I can't support, and system is not functional without that.
It is easy to say - "I'm sure you do something wrong" - but if you have few weeks of test
with all guides... it's almost impossible to do it wrong.
(I didn't know any person to talk with ..."with a new X299 build" with iMessage working, and this not cool)

All other things work great! Today and tomorrow I will try little OC
I did rebuild the SSDT, I will probably do it again, lol, hopefully after 10 times doing it, the score gonna be higher ;)

The Multi-Core score I am looking for 7900X OC @4.7 (or maybe 4.8 if its possible) around 45K or 50K, lol,

Cuz here is my score of the 6950X OC to 4.2,

View attachment 284022

so I wanna see a big jump :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I think I saw somewhere 42-43k Multicore result with 7900X OC to 4,7 or 4,8 with all cores :)

Last edited:
That's not clear to me.. I also implemented the same apsf.efi, which I extracted from the Supplementary Update Full Package Installer, in the EFI-Folder which I distributed 2 days ago. Nobody complained so far.

What you mean by original apfs.efi? The one in my distributed EFI-Folder, or the one you extracted yourself from the Supplementary Update Full Package Installer?
The one I extracted from the original 10.13 installer, origin date is September 9th the supplemental updated version has an origin of September 29th.

The one I extracted from the original 10.13 installer, origin date is September 9th the supplemental updated version has an origin of September 29th.

The one I extracted from the supplementary update installer and distributed subsequently is definitely from 29 Sept 2017!

I do not understand where is the problem you mentioned ...

Last edited:
KGP we are proud of you... it's a very very good news :D
but do you sleep sometimes :ugeek:o_O ? :p

Yesterday at 1 a.m. I reinstalled High Sierra, and I was never so smooth, fast and beautiful
- especially without memory (bla pages 0xyz ) problem :p
What was weird - with lily and whatever green (the newest versions) I didn't have
my Vega 64 recognised - It was only AMD XXX 8 Gb
so after few changes with old whatever green and lily and then go back to new whatevergreen kext - work properly :)

No changes about performance ...
I have a new (from iPad) account with which I used iMessages
I bought some apps etc... but on OS X -> "still the same error" - I think (like some people said on forum)
for new Mac-s on HighSierra or new Skylake Mac-s it doesn't work.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I have 100% legal apple account, which work perfect on apple devices,
I reinstalled my OSX carefully a lot of times for clean perfect config
with KGP advices and iMsg guides - still "Conact support" 8798-numbers-...."
It is the last thing which I can't support, and system is not functional without that.
It is easy to say - "I'm sure you do something wrong" - but if you have few weeks of test
with all guides... it's almost impossible to do it wrong.
(I didn't know any person to talk with ..."with a new X299 build" with iMessage working, and this not cool)

All other things work great! Today and tomorrow I will try little OC

I think I saw somewhere 42-43k Multicore result with 7900X OC to 4,7 or 4,8 with all cores :)

This is simply impossible :lol::lol::lol: Don't spread misleading rumours around only because you seem not to be able to follow an idiot proofed guide :lol::lol::lol:

Successful login to iCloud, iMessage, Facetime 100% verified under MacOS High Sierra 10.13 and also on Skylake-X/X299 :!::!::!:

Now seriously! One stupid question: Do you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ directory of the EFI-Folder on your System Disk? o_O

so, apparently the new Nvidia web drivers does not work with the updated web drivers,
even with the flow of using ADGPfix ...
does anybody have a working rig using latest OS X and web drivers ?

Last edited:
so, apparently does not work with the updated web drivers,
even with the flow of using ADGPfix ...
does anybody have a working rig using latest OS X and web drivers ?

There are several successful users along this thread! I hope people will respond and help you in your issue...

First of all big thanks to kgp. I was trying to build the hackintosh with an Asus TUF 299 and could not get it to work for the life of me - 2 days wasted, always stuck at memory allocation errors during install. With the Asus Prime 299 Deluxe it worked like a charm.

Now the question: I am running the rig stable with a Vega Frontier Edition Air 16GB. This is great. But I need to also put a Titan XP into the computer for windows (mainly 10 bit transcoding jobs). I do not need Pascal functionality in MacOS. I would rather use the Vega via Display Port on my monitor and Windows with the Titan XP via HDMI. Vega is in PCI_X_1 and TitanXP in PCI_X_2 Slot.

When I boot like this, even when booting through the Vega, I will be stuck with a black screen just before the log-in dialogue would normally appear. With just the Vega everything runs fine. I tried to install Nvidia web driver as described under 1) in kgs's guide, but without success. I cannot boot with 0x0 arguments. I thought, if 10.13 cannot ignore the card, maybe it would work if it is recognized.

Any suggestions how to combine the 2 cards in one system? As said before, I do not need the TitanXP to do anything in OSX. Is there a "ignore" switch for Nvidia in config.plist?

Thank you all and rock on!

The one I extracted from the supplementary update installer and distributed subsequently is definitely from 29 Sept 2017!

I do not understand where is the problem you mentioned ...
Well, you’re probably right, after awhile my system randomly rebooted and got stuck again at the legacy shim step. I swapped out the apfs.efi with the one you provided and then the machine booted, still took 2-3 minutes to boot. It ran fine for a day or so and then I started a large data transfer (130 gb) from the boot drive to a usb drive. I left the machine on and came back about an hour later to find the machine in a boot loop of kernel panics. Unfortunately I am traveling for work and ran out of time to troubleshoot further but when I get back I want to look into the bios changes you mentioned.

@kgp - BTW, running i9-7900x @ 4,6Ghz with Asus Multicore enhancements enabled stable. Geekbench multi-core score is around 43400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back