Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major Revision of my Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra Desktop Guide

Note that now both Guide and attached EFI-Folder are fully compatible with the i9-7980XE!

The EFI Folder has been largely revised and modified and a new EFI-Folder is now attached at the end of the originating post/guide (and once more attached here below)!

EFI-Folder modifications:

• Implementation of Clover boot Loader Clover_v2.4k_r4243
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext v1.0.11 added to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ - This kext is required for successfully booting the macOS USB Flash Drive Installer with the OSX WIFI PCIe Adapter. It might be also required to fix other Airport Implementations. It avoids a dead end when booting the macOS USB Flash Drive Installer. Note that AirportBrcmFixup.kext requires Lilu.kext!
dead-end.png
  • Lilu.kext v1.1.7 added to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
  • Whatevergreen.kext v1.0.4 added to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
  • Major revision of the config.plist, partly for i9-7980XE compatibility
1.) "Apple RCT" and "AppleIntelCPUPM" are now unchecked in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section of the Clover
Configurator (i9-7980XE compatibly)
2.) Boot flags "slide=0" and "dart=0" are now checked in addition under "Arguments" in the "Boot section" of the Clover
Configurator. The latter boot flag is especially required when enabling "VT-d" in the mainboard bios for VM or parallel compatibility.
Guide modifications:
  • Revision of Section B.) "BIOS Configuration"
  • Revision of Error Prevention 3.) - The Firmware error prevention is obsolete since macOS High Sierra 10.13 Final Release
  • New Section D.3) "macOS High Sierra 10.13 Upgrade from macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on Skylake-X/X299"
  • Section E.1) "Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Configuration" revised and modified for i9-7980XE compatibly.
  • Section E.2) "Graphics Configuration" once more revised and modified
  • First version of a XHC USB Kext Library added in Section E.4.) "USB Configuration"
  • i9-7980XE CPU Benchmark results added in Section F.) "Benchmarking"

All users are requested to check wether or not they are able to successfully boot their macOS USB Flash Drive Installer and 10.13 System Disk with the revised, modified and newly attached EFI-Folder! Any feedback will be appreciated!

Enjoy and have fun! :thumbup:

kgp.png

Attachments

• EFI-X299-10.13-SU-Release-091017.zip
    32.7 MB · Views: 153
Yes no problem. My apologies for not including everything:
- Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7
- i9 7920x
- WD nvme 512gb
- Nvidia GeForce 750 ti sc

Good news and bad news:
Good news is the clean install yielded getting through the install and booting all the way through for the first time.
Bad news is as I was in High Sierra, my Nvidia drivers were giving me the usual artifacts. I downloaded Nvidia Web Driver and started to install it. While installing I got an error. Clicked OK and the installer went all the way through.
After reboot from system drive it went through an endless loop of black screen then reboot. It seems that Nvidia Web Drivers broke High Sierra. I remembered reading something in your post about Nvidia drivers being somewhat flimsy. I started to edit the config file on the USB stick. 0x67 to 0x0 under RT variables in Clover and going back to the new Hackintosh and trying to boot. Here's as far as the Hackintosh went:
Please walk me through the next steps.

View attachment 284352

Remove the RAM information from your signature! Otherwise a moderator will do it for you! Only mobo, CPU and GPU Information is allowed in the signature! Else, many thanks for implementing the details!

Yes, the current Nvidia Web Driver Installation is still a nightmare for many users! Each SMBIOS, CPU, GPU, mobo configuration seems to behave different and seems to require a different installation approach! You really have to find your system-specific approach to make the thing work. Anyway, I suggest different possibilities in Section "Graphics Configuration".

Note that in order to avoid the error during the Web Driver Installation, you have to perform the latter with SIP ENABLED! To do so, change in your config.plist the CsrActiveConfig entry in the "RT Variables" Section of Clover Configurator from "0x67" to "0x0" and reboot before the Web Driver Installation. After boot and before installing the Web Driver package, verify with the terminal command:

Code:
csrutil status

that the SIP is really enabled!

Good luck, man! :thumbup:

Major Revision of my Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra Desktop Guide

Note that now both Guide and attached EFI-Folder are fully compatible with the i9-7980XE!

The EFI Folder has been largely revised and modified and a new EFI-Folder is now attached at the end of the originating post/guide (and once more attached here below)!

EFI-Folder modifications:

• Implementation of Clover boot Loader Clover_v2.4k_r4243
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext v1.0.11 added to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ - This kext is required for successfully booting the macOS USB Flash Drive Installer with the OSX WIFI PCIe Adapter. It might be also required to fix other Airport Implementations. It avoids a dead end when booting the macOS USB Flash Drive Installer. Note that AirportBrcmFixup.kext requires Lilu.kext!
  • Lilu.kext v1.1.7 added to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
  • Whatevergreen.kext v1.0.4 added to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
  • Major revision of the config.plist, partly for i9-7980XE compatibility
1.) "Apple RCT" and "AppleIntelCPUPM" are now unchecked in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section of the Clover
Configurator (i9-7980XE compatibly)
2.) Boot flags "slide=0" and "dart=0" are now checked in addition under "Arguments" in the "Boot section" of the Clover
Configurator. The latter boot flag is especially required when enabling "VT-d" in the mainboard bios for VM or parallel compatibility.
Guide modifications:
  • Revision of Section B.) "BIOS Configuration"
  • Revision of Error Prevention 3.) - The Firmware error prevention is obsolete since macOS High Sierra 10.13 Final Release
  • New Section D.3) "macOS High Sierra 10.13 Upgrade from macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on Skylake-X/X299"
  • Section E.1) "Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Configuration" revised and modified for i9-7980XE compatibly.
  • Section E.2) "Graphics Configuration" once more revised and modified
  • First version of a XHC USB Kext Library added in Section E.4.) "USB Configuration"
  • i9-7980XE CPU Benchmark results added in Section F.) "Benchmarking"
All users are requested to check wether or not they are able to successfully boot their macOS USB Flash Drive Installer and 10.13 System Disk with the revised, modified and newly attached EFI-Folder! Any feedback will be appreciated!

Enjoy and have fun! :thumbup:

View attachment 284365

no luck with the built-in bluetooth of the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe ?

Remove the RAM information from your signature! Otherwise a moderator will do it for you! Only mobo, CPU and GPU Information is allowed in the signature! Else, many thanks for implementing the details!

Yes, the current Nvidia Web Driver Installation is still a nightmare for many users! Each SMBIOS, CPU, GPU, mobo configuration seems to behave different and seems to require a different installation approach! You really have to find your system-specific approach to make the thing work. Anyway, I suggest different possibilities in Section "Graphics Configuration".

Note that in order to avoid the error during the Web Driver Installation, you have to perform the latter with SIP ENABLED! To do so, change in your config.plist the CsrActiveConfig entry in the "RT Variables" Section of Clover Configurator from "0x67" to "0x0" and reboot before the Web Driver Installation. After boot and before installing the Web Driver package, verify with the terminal command:

Code:
csrutil status

that the SIP is really enabled!

Good luck, man! :thumbup:
Can only boot successfully with 0x67
0x0 and 0x3 brings me to halt. Changed back to 0x67 and booted fine.

So, what else can we do?

i have xcly the same prob with Aorus 1080Ti
i try 3 days for this and go on black screen without no signal
Thats meens the AGPD patch working but not the Drivers.
With 0x0 and 0x3 can't boot too.

The other symptom is when activate the Thunderbolt EX 3 card i have delays on operate.

i have xcly the same prob with Aorus 1080Ti
i try 3 days for this and go on black screen without no signal
Thats meens the AGPD patch working but not the Drivers.
With 0x0 and 0x3 can't boot too.

The other symptom is when activate the Thunderbolt EX 3 card i have delays on operate.
What do you mean delays? Is Thunderbolt not working?

i Meen i have delays
when open system info needs some seconds to open and some seconds to show the info.etc
i don't have thunderbolt devices to try but on system info i have the controler.

no luck with the built-in bluetooth of the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe ?

This has nothing to do with the on-board bluetooth of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe which works pretty fine! But you know that the on-board WIFI module of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe cannot be implemented in OS X. Thats why I bought the OS X WIFI PCIe adapter, which implements both native WLAN and WIFI, and fully supports airdrop, hands-off and continuity as well as my Bluetooth-keyboard in BIOS and Clover Boot Menus! The on-board bluetooth of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe is herewith obsolete (disabled)!

This has nothing to do with the on-board bluetooth of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe which works pretty fine! But you know that the on-board WIFI module of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe cannot be implemented in OS X. Thats why I bought the OS X WIFI PCIe adapter, which implements both native WLAN and WIFI, and fully supports airdrop, hands-off and continuity as well as my Bluetooth-keyboard in BIOS and Clover Boot Menus! The on-board bluetooth of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe is herewith obsolete (disabled)!

i'm having trouble connecting my magic mouse via bluetooth, is there anything i need to do ? or it should work as is ?

:headbang: Advanced Beast Domestication :headbang:

Beast Domestication.jpg

Components with pricing: 714,60 Euros :silent::crazy::eek::oops:o_O:rolleyes:

Pricing.png

Surprisingly I found everything in the shop just around the corner, which on causality was the official general distributor of EKWB in Germany :lol::lol::lol:

kgp.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back