i7-7800X
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp here is screens and ioreg + config

EDIT: I also attach some weirdness in the pci window. When trying and hotplugging both usb-c device and tb device, in and out, for a while. This was added in system information. See PIC.
Hmmm.. Seems that you haven't done the SSDT stuff for your motherboard.

Here is my PCI listing for my X299-A

To help you out, I attached my IOREG, and my EFI folder. If you don't have the i7-7800X, you will have to change the TSCAdjustReset.kext to match your processor, and the CPXX -> PRXX to match your processor.

Note: I regenerated the Serial # and UUID's in my posted EFI, so that you can't use the same as me, and break my iMessage :)

Attachments

• jaminmc x299a.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 37
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hmmm.. Seems that you haven't done the SSDT stuff for your motherboard.

Here is my PCI listing for my X299-A

Thanks a lot! Do you have an airport pci-card or other cards? If so, what slot do you have them in?

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
To help you out, I attached my IOREG, and my EFI folder. If you don't have the i7-7800X, you will have to change the TSCAdjustReset.kext to match your processor, and the CPXX -> PRXX to match your processor.

Even with your EFI it doesn’t work. Still missing a lot of entries in PCI-tab. I need to try and reflash my bios.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jaminmc @kgp PROGRESS! When i remove the TBHEADER, it works.

Any idea how i could get it to work with the header connected? And why is it not adviced to boot into windows with it disconnected?

Motherboard
Asus X299A
CPU
i7-7800X
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks a lot! Do you have an airport pci-card or other cards? If so, what slot do you have them in?
I have a BlackMagic DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K in Slot 5. I didn't do a SSDT for it, so it doesn't show in System Information.

My Videocard takes up 3 slots, so I have it is Slot 5.

@jaminmc @kgp PROGRESS! When i remove the TBHEADER, it works.

Any idea how i could get it to work with the header connected? And why is it not adviced to boot into windows with it disconnected?
That is why it is better to get the Titian Ridge Thunderbolt Card. My windows seems to work with it disconnected.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jaminmc oh so you have it disconnected too? I don’t need the TB to work in windows, i rarely use windows at all.

But i just don’t want to destroy the card, since @kgp wrote: never boot windows without the header

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jaminmc oh so you have it disconnected too? I don’t need the TB to work in windows, i rarely use windows at all.

But i just don’t want to destroy the card, since @kgp wrote: never boot windows without the header

You won't destroy the card.. :lol: but you would mess up it's function, thus you might have to unplug/plug the card and reinitialise the card again under windows with TBH_C connected. Anyway, for @jaminmc the GC-Alpine Ridge seems to work also under windows with TBH_C disconnected.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You won't destroy the card.. :lol: but you would mess up it's function, thus you might have to unplug/plug the card and reinitialise the card again under windows with TBH_C connected. Anyway, for @jaminmc the GC-Alpine Ridge seems to work also under windows with TBH_C disconnected.

Oh alright! He has the Titan ridge, so it might differ.

Do you guys have hotplug working even with booting with no devices powered on? I need to have it plugged in on boot to be hotplugable.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Oh alright! He has the Titan ridge, so it might differ.

Do you guys have hotplug working even with booting with no devices powered on? I need to have it plugged in on boot to be hotplugable.

He told you that before he was using the Alpine Ridge, and if you want to have the THB_C connected, you should opt for the Titan Ridge.

If you use the Alpine Ridge with THB_C removed (like I did on my Prime X299 Deluxe), both TB and USB-C should not only HotSwap but also Hotplug (without any devices connected at boot), always provided that you use a properly adopted SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml. For establishing SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml, I also used the Alpine Ridge and even the TBEX 3 for testing. I am now running the Alpine Ridge with my X99-A II, and there HotSwap and Hotplug even work with THB_C connected.

In case of my GC-Titan Ridge, both HotSwap and HotPlug work with the THB_C connected to the Prime X299 Deluxe, again always provided that I use SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml in addition.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp do you have the alpine ridge rev2 or rev1?

Titan Ridge is not for sale in my country, that's a shame.

Interesting, well i used your provided tb3hp and according to my ioreg, it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.