Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I say CPU model I meant on your user info, 8700K can't work on X299 platform, thats meant for Z300 boards, and theres only the 7800X cpu with those thread count compatible on X299 platform

Yep that's a typo :eek:

@kgp Hi again man, i bought the Titan-Ridge from amazon, and now HotPlug works flawless with TB_Header.

However, since installing that and adopting @jaminmc EFI configuration (cause we got the same mobo), and changing the cpu settings according to your guide, to fit my 7960x. I have encountered 4 crashes, in 2 weeks. The thing that happens when i boot it up again is that the NVIDIA web drivers gets deactivated, and also i loose the Thunderbolt implementation. If i go into bios and disable/enable Thunderbolt, it works again.

I can't for the love of god get what's going on. Could you check if you can help me tweak my Nvidia.aml file to fit my 1080ti in the 1 slot. If that could be the case, i don't really know where to begin :/

or do you have any idea @jaminmc ?

Thanks in advance guys

Last edited:
@kgp one thing not note is that i don't have the usb 2.0 connected from titan-ridge to the motherboard, since i only have one 2.0 connector on the x299-a, and it's used by my broadcom bluetooth. That wouldn't really matter though would it?

Hello,
I've been getting kernel panic lately when my GPU is under load.

I've attached my EFI and the kernel panic info.

Any tips on these help would be much appreciated :eek:D

Oh and a massive thanks to @kgp for the amazing work you've done on this. Really happy with my machine.

your EFI-Folder, my friend .... o_O

And finally your SSDTs.. A simple copy and paste of the entire Githib repository without any adaptation or idea behind...

I would not be surprised if all this leads to KPs.. And yet I have not seen your BIOS settings or IOREG.save.. ;)

Let me conclude with a very friendly and surely helpful recommendation: start from scratch and complete the current original EFI-Folder distribution by else carefully considering and following all guidelines.

Good luck :thumbup:

KGP

This reply took one hour of my time..

@kgp one thing not note is that i don't have the usb 2.0 connected from titan-ridge to the motherboard, since i only have one 2.0 connector on the x299-a, and it's used by my broadcom bluetooth. That wouldn't really matter though would it?

As long you do not use any USB2.0 devices on your TTR it does not matter..

@kgp Hi again man, i bought the Titan-Ridge from amazon, and now HotPlug works flawless with TB_Header.

However, since installing that and adopting @jaminmc EFI configuration (cause we got the same mobo), and changing the cpu settings according to your guide, to fit my 7960x. I have encountered 4 crashes, in 2 weeks. The thing that happens when i boot it up again is that the NVIDIA web drivers gets deactivated, and also i loose the Thunderbolt implementation. If i go into bios and disable/enable Thunderbolt, it works again.

I can't for the love of god get what's going on. Could you check if you can help me tweak my Nvidia.aml file to fit my 1080ti in the 1 slot. If that could be the case, i don't really know where to begin :/

or do you have any idea @jaminmc ?

Thanks in advance guys

o_O...

Similar issues like in the other EFI-Folder..

1.) Use EFI-Folder attached below.

2.) Reimplement original ACPI replacements in config.plist!

3.) Revise SSDT implementation

4.) Reply with new EFI-Folder, IOREG.save and PCI screenshot.

Only providing the EFI-Folder is basically useless.

Good luck,

KGP

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 82
@kgp will do, i thought that since i copied @jaminmc successful hack to 98% and we got the same components. I was fine, but apparently not.

Reactions: kgp
See what I changed so far in the EFI-Folder. Apart from the CPxx->PRxx replacements, which are hopefully those for the i9-7960X, there are still missing all other ACPI replacements included in the config.plist of my original EFi-Folder distribution. Hence, I also do not know if your SSDTs are properly implemented. As you did not upload any IOREG.save or PCI snapshot either, and you will have to confirm the above by yourself and apply all necessary modifications. ;)

Version 1704 2019/02/21 9.2 MBytes
PRIME X299-DELUXE BIOS 1704
  • Improve system performance and stability.
  • Fixed RAID card issue.
  • Updated ME FW to ver. 11.11.60.1561
" Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file X299D.CAP using BIOSRenamer.''

@kgp

Here you go, i also dumped the ACPI, if there's something you wanna see there.

edit: removed the last digit of my serial numbers etc, just to be sure no one is downloading it and ****s icloud up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back