Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp

Tried it, still not working. When booting with UAD Satellite -> TB 2 - TB 3 adapter, i get kernel panic. Even tried with thunderbolt boot disabled in BIOS.

If i boot without a device, it boots up. But now since the SSDT implementation, the computer freezes once plugged in.

In BIOS i have set it up as PCIE16_3 , but my PCI system report still says SLOT4, could this be something?

Also, i have the Broadcom BCM943602CS in PCIE16_2, but have not SSDT loaded for it, could this be the problem?

posting pictures of tb-settings in bios as well as system report.

EDIT: Posting my motherboard setup just to clarify.

Both, your "PCI" snapshot and IOREG.save confirm that SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml is now properly implemented.

Screenshot 2019-01-31 at 11.57.33.png

The kernel panic might be BIOS setting or hardware related, but is certainly not related with the now correct TB and USB-C implementation gained by means of SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml. Try to play with your TB BIOS settings or see if you can find posts related to general issues and possible solution for the UAD Satellite in respective forums.

BTW.. your TB adapter appears under slot-4 in Section PCI, because it is defined such within SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml. In my own slot nomenclature outlined in my guide, the respective slot is defined such although in the ASUS user manual and ASUS BIOS it figures under PCIE16_3. It is just the 4th slot from above on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, that's why I call it slot-4 myself. You can substitute slot-4 by anything else, it is as a purely cosmetic entry not related with the overall TB and USB-C functionality!

Good luck, my friend.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299x Designare 10G
CPU
i9-9820X
Graphics
Rx 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Hello @kgp,

I think I don't speak well : I tried your way but it didn't work. So I tried a different way. But my BIOS settings is like is write in your guide.
Anyway, I've got the same issue with your EFI Folder, without or not the ACPI patches and the SSDT for the Vega.
Here is the KP screenshot, it seems to be a GPU issue, and when it crashes, the GPU's fans goes crazy. I tried the Vegagraphicsfixup.kext and the radeonvegalowfanspeed.kext but both didn't work.

Thank you for your help !

Attachments

• KP 2.jpg
    KP 2.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 44

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @kgp,

I think I don't speak well : I tried your way but it didn't work. So I tried a different way. But my BIOS settings is like is write in your guide.
Anyway, I've got the same issue with your EFI Folder, without or not the ACPI patches and the SSDT for the Vega.
Here is the KP screenshot, it seems to be a GPU issue, and when it crashes, the GPU's fans goes crazy. I tried the Vegagraphicsfixup.kext and the radeonvegalowfanspeed.kext but both didn't work.

Thank you for your help !

With the EFI-Folder attached in post #11,881 your system should boot without issues, although the entire post installation process outlined in Section E.) is still required in any case, including a proper SSDT adaptation/implementation. Especially the HDEF and Vega-SSDTs as well as Whatevergreen are mandatory for a proper function of your Gigabyte Vega 64.

Your current KP issue is definitely not an error induced by the default EFI-Folder distribution, but seems indeed GPU related (set display_mode, vram failed, AMD_xxx.ccp).

I was previously using the Gigabyte Vega 64 8Gb with Vega-SSDT and Whatevergreen without any issues. Thus, no idea what actually causes the GPU related KP on your system.

Anyway, I can only help as long you stay with the default EFI-Folder configuration and also follow all guidelines for the post installation, including SSDT and kext implementation. As soon the latter would be the case, I could once more revise your system configuration based on all information requested at beginning of Section C.) and try to help in the best way possible, always provided that my help is also desired in any case.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II
CPU
i9-9920X
Graphics
Radeon RX 6900 XT
hi @kgp

i want to upgrade my boot splash screen as per E.11) iMac Pro Boot Splash Screen Cosmetics.

but "Save Image File..." warning 'invalid UEFI volume'

i followed you step by step. how to solve this problem?

thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.52.35 PM.png

i also tried to modify Deluxe I bios without any problem. seems above issue only for Deluxe II ?

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi @kgp

i want to upgrade my boot splash screen as per E.11) iMac Pro Boot Splash Screen Cosmetics.

but "Save Image File..." warning 'invalid UEFI volume'

i followed you step by step. how to solve this problem?

thanks.

View attachment 383766

Upon BIOS firmware 1603, it is also impossible to modify the Splash Screen image in the Prime X299 Deluxe firmware. Seems UEFI tool needs some update. Can you write to the developers?

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II
CPU
i9-9920X
Graphics
Radeon RX 6900 XT
Upon BIOS firmware 1603, it is also impossible to modify the Splash Screen image in the Prime X299 Deluxe firmware. Seems UEFI tool needs some update. Can you write to the developers?

this is my first time to use this tool, i even dont know who is the developer.....

btw, i tried to remove TB3 DSDT file and let the system booting without any dsdt for JHL7540.

with connecting USBC drive. osx can find it and fully support hot swapping. even i eject the usbc and put system into sleep and then wake up is working.

lets see someone to try the TB3 device about the hot swapping lol.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
this is my first time to use this tool, i even dont know who is the developer.....

btw, i tried to remove TB3 DSDT file and let the system booting without any dsdt for JHL7540.

with connecting USBC drive. osx can find it and fully support hot swapping. even i eject the usbc and put system into sleep and then wake up is working.

lets see someone to try the TB3 device about the hot swapping lol.

to be expected.. however, USB-C device must be connect during boot in your case.. this means hot swap but not hot plug! and that's definitely a firmware issue.

In any case, one should rather focus on the TB capabilities of the onboard TTR controller than on USB-C, which is just a nice but mostly unnecessary add-on, as most of state-of-the-art motherboards anyway also implement USB3.1 Type-C connectors.

Edit: I now reported the UEFI Tool issue with BIOS firmware 1603 for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and 0404 for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II to Longsoft on Github:

Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 11.38.25.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 WS SAGE
CPU
i9 10940x
Graphics
vega 64
Is anyone have displayport hotplug working ? If i disconnect displayport cable from my vega 64 - videocard fan start spins at 100% rate and system freezes.

UPDATE: seems to be a problem with my powerplay through acpi patch injection

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 TUF Mark 1
CPU
i7-7800X
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@kgp Why do you have the flag ShowOptimius in GUI (config.plist) in your recent EFI distribution?

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp Why do you have the flag ShowOptimius in GUI (config.plist) in your recent EFI distribution?

Good question.. I don't remember.. :lol:

Anyway, as it only concerns the Clover Boot Loader GUI, it can't be vital for the MacOS System performance.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.