7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp never mind, fair enough i'll post it again. The BIOS settings is exactly the same as you have in your pictures.

I did edit the SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml , and changed from SLOT-4 to SLOT-3, but i have no idea if that was the right thing to do.

also included a picture of what slots my cards are in.

I have the alpine ridge connected to the TB-header btw, just to clarify.

Attachments

• juno-EFI.zip
    45 MB · Views: 109
  • juno-imac.ioreg
    10.5 MB · Views: 53
  • PCI.png
    PCI.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 52
  • motherboard.jpg
    motherboard.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 41

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That’s why I requested your IOREG.save and EFI-Folder, which also contains the respective SSDT.

I will have a look tomorrow morning and come back to you as soon as possible. Today it is already quite late here, sorry my friend. Following your PCI screenshot, the TB-SSDT is not at all implemented and has not been properly adapted to your system anyway. I will do it for you. But you will also have to adopt and implement all other SSDTs by follwing my respective guidelines.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That’s why I requested your IOREG.save and EFI-Folder, which also contains the respective SSDT.

I will have a look tomorrow morning and come back to you as soon as possible. Today it is already quite late here, sorry my friend. Following your PCI screenshot, the TB-SSDT is not at all implemented and has not been properly adapted to your system anyway. I will do it for you.

No stress, it’s late here as well, haha.

Thanks so much for always being a good support. You are kindness himself!

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II
CPU
i9-9920X
Graphics
Radeon RX 6900 XT
hello guys.

very interesting. if i set ‘Tunderbolt BOOT Support’ disabled, USB-C hot swapping is working for my Deluxe II.

Reactions: kgp

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello guys.

very interesting. if i set ‘Tunderbolt BOOT Support’ disabled, USB-C hot swapping is working for my Deluxe II.

And what about TB HotPlug?

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
umm....sorry that i dont have TB device to test right now. so i dont know.

Dude!

This is very important to know! Can you get some TB HDD for testing purposes? I always considered that you did all TB tests for drawing our conclusions and that you claimed TB HotPlug not to work with SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml on your ASUS Prime X299 DELUXE II!

If now in contradiction to all your former claims, USB-C HotPlug suddenly works and even TB HotPlug would work too, there would not be any TTR issues with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II at all, and all our former conclusion would have been totally wrong and totally misleading! o_O

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II
CPU
i9-9920X
Graphics
Radeon RX 6900 XT
Dude!

This is very important to know! Can you get some TB HDD for testing purposes? I always considered that you did all TB tests for drawing our conclusions and that you claimed TB HotPlug not to work with SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml on your ASUS Prime X299 DELUXE II!

If now in contradiction to all your former claims, USB-C HotPlug suddenly works and even TB HotPlug would work too, there would not be any TTR issues with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II at all, and all our former conclusion would have been totally wrong and totally misleading! o_O

seems i need to order one from amazon.

for those who are using Dexlue II, pls kindly also help to test whether your tb/usb-c device can hotplug or not if you set ‘Tunderbolt BOOT Support’ disabled in BIOS.

also make sure connect your TB/usb-c to TB3 port before booting to OSX, otherwise it wont discover the tb/usb-c device.
kgp's SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml also needed.

thanks.

Reactions: kgp

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp never mind, fair enough i'll post it again. The BIOS settings is exactly the same as you have in your pictures.

I did edit the SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml , and changed from SLOT-4 to SLOT-3, but i have no idea if that was the right thing to do.

also included a picture of what slots my cards are in.

I have the alpine ridge connected to the TB-header btw, just to clarify.

Attached the adapted TB-SSDT.aml which you have to use on line with SSDT-DTPG.aml also attached below. Yet you might have to do small cosmetics, as TTR will show up under "PCI" and also the DSM slot assignment might need some correction. However, the latter cosmetically errors should not affect your Alpine Ridge functionality.

At some moment, you will also have to adapt and implement all other necessary SSDTs available in my X299 SSDT Gitub repository by following my guidelines.

Upon your request, I only adopted TB-SSDT.aml but I did not further check your EFI-Folder.

Good luck,

KGP

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 61
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml.zip
    852 bytes · Views: 53
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp

Tried it, still not working. When booting with UAD Satellite -> TB 2 - TB 3 adapter, i get kernel panic. Even tried with thunderbolt boot disabled in BIOS.

If i boot without a device, it boots up. But now since the SSDT implementation, the computer freezes once plugged in.

In BIOS i have set it up as PCIE16_3 , but my PCI system report still says SLOT4, could this be something?

Also, i have the Broadcom BCM943602CS in PCIE16_2, but have not SSDT loaded for it, could this be the problem?

posting pictures of tb-settings in bios as well as system report.

EDIT: Posting my motherboard setup just to clarify.

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 53
  • juno-io2.ioreg
    11 MB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 09.55.02.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 09.55.02.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 48