Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok cool. Hot-plugging is working, but the drive won't mount on boot-up. Only when hot-plugged. So it's still not working properly.
I had the same issue with the ASRock TB3 card with a Promise Pegasus 3 (which I've returned since)...

Reactions: kgp
I researched it. It basically throttles the CPU cycles down when in low use. Saves power, lowers heat when idling, etc. I'm leaving it on since I haven't had any issues with it and normally Macs do takes advantage of it.

If it works and does not affect your CPU performance, sure, why not.. on X99 it did not only lower idle frequencies but severely affected CPU max. load performance. On X299 I did not notice any major difference between enabled and disabled.

This just happened:

Computer was on. RAID was power off, but connected. Powered on RAID. Computer restarted. RAID mounted on boot up. I unmounted the RAID, then disconnected the TB cable, it powered down. I waited a few seconds, reconnected the TV cable, it mounted. Very odd, glitchy, and inconsistent behavior. I suspect a firmware issue with the card or a compatibility issue with the motherboard. I'll continue testing it today and see what happens. I'm installed Mojave on another drive to have that ready to go when the Nvidia drivers are released, so I'll report if there is any difference there.

If it works and does not affect your CPU performance, sure, why not.. on X99 it did not only lower idle frequencies but severely affected CPU max. load performance. On X299 I did not notice any major difference between enabled and disabled.

Well I'm getting ~43,000 Geekbench with a 7900X so I don't think load performance is an issue in my case. I'll leave it as is.

Honestly I don't know what it is or what the benefits are. Why would we want it enabled and why would we want it disabled? I doing mostly video and sound editing work, and I don't know if that matters or not.

For me it doesn't mater :

I did enable EIST like mentioned in the guide for GA mobos :

2.) /M.I.T/Advanced Frequency Settings/Advanced CPU Core Settings

i.) CPU EIST Function: Enabled

And no issue.

I did also enable EIST on my other build with i5 4460 and H81 mobo : no issue with iMacPro SMBIOS.

Reactions: kgp
Well I'm getting ~43,000 Geekbench with a 7900X so I don't think load performance is an issue in my case. I'll leave it as is.

Which version of Geekbench and are you overclocked?

.(posted in error)

Last edited:
@Loloflatsix Perhaps you can help me adopt the Titan ridge SSDT to the gigabyte board?

Thanks

You did not answer on my reply and on the SSDT I prepared and attached for you in post #10598....

What happens when nulling ANS2? Did the attached SSDT work?

Please comment and answer before requesting further help and try to provide a DSDT.aml of your system!

This is already the third time today that you post the same content and request! :rolleyes:o_O

Last edited:
Yea.. you can't connect the USB header with the onboard header of X99 systems, something I mentioned already repetitively. Don't ask me why.. The problem does not occur with X299 boards.

Ah i missed that, and order a X99-A ii out of frustration. Ill test without the usb tonight and hope i get it to function.

Ah i missed that, and order a X99-A ii out of frustration. Ill test without the usb tonight and hope i get it to function.

Without connecting the USB2.0 cable, USB-C won't work at all. But you should be able to achieve TB HotPlug as I also did with my X99-A II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back