Contribute
Register

How migrate from Clover to Opencore? (Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I found OC Configurator and downloaded it. I made an "OC" EFI folder with all the stuff in it, and went to this website to check it. I gradually updated my OC EFI folder until all the items had green checks. So now what? Where is an executable "OpenCore 0.6.3" program? Putting the EFI folder into my computer's EFI partition does nothing. My computer simply boots on the Clover 5119 EFI folder from my other SSD. So clearly, OpenCore is not installed. What am I missing?

I'll add another question here: What the heck do the instructions below mean in English?
EC Issue.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I found OC Configurator and downloaded it. I made an "OC" EFI folder with all the stuff in it, and went to this website to check it. I gradually updated my OC EFI folder until all the items had green checks. So now what? Where is an executable "OpenCore 0.6.3" program? Putting the EFI folder into my computer's EFI partition does nothing. My computer simply boots on the Clover 5119 EFI folder from my other SSD. So clearly, OpenCore is not installed. What am I missing?

I'll add another question here: What the heck do the instructions below mean in English?
View attachment 496985

hey,

yes you have to copy the file to your efi partition, but have to select the drive with the opencore efi from
The bios, or bootmenu.

I think your other ssd is the selected as 1st boot drive

I think your other ssd is the selected as 1st boot drive
I think you are right, thanks! Both drives are identical in type and one cannot tell (looking at them in the BIOS) which is "boot #1" and which is "boot #2." So I'll try switching them.

[Edit: I think that worked... the DSDT now downloads to my primary EFI folder instead of my backup SSD's EFI folder. Thanks!]

Last edited:
Thanks, but there is no "release" tab on the page... ah, it's on the page you linked... and it turns out I already have that folder, and "SSDT-PLUG.dsl" is deep inside that folder. So the link on the page took me to GitHub, instead of to the file download location for SSDT-PLUG.dsl. I'll be watching out for that kind of red herring from now on. Thanks again! Oh yeah, also the screenshots on this page are illegible even if selected (zoomed).

Thanks, but there is no "release" tab on the page... ah, it's on the page you linked... and it turns out I already have that folder, and "SSDT-PLUG.dsl" is deep inside that folder. So the link on the page took me to GitHub, instead of to the file download location for SSDT-PLUG.dsl. I'll be watching out for that kind of red herring from now on. Thanks again! Oh yeah, also the screenshots on this page are illegible even if selected (zoomed).
speak to the peeps over at Dortania to sort out their images :)

also you see release option here:

1.png

github changed things around awhile back and used to have the release tab at the top

Made the "SSDT-PLUG.aml" per (manual) instructions and put it in both the OC "ACPI" folder and in the OC config.plist. Now I have to find out if I really need the "EC..." SSDT or not. I'm still as confused on that as in I was in post #11 above. (No such thing exists in my CLOVER folder.) Also I have no idea how a USB flash drive is involved in trying out OpenCore.

If I put my OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI folder in the EFI partition of a USB flash drive, and try to boot from that flash drive using my computer (at left), should that work, or not?

If I put my OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI folder in the EFI partition of a USB flash drive, and try to boot from that flash drive using my computer (at left), should that work, or not?
I believe you need to put it on the EFI of a USB drive that has a MacOS installer on it (not just a blank USB drive with an EFI partition), but yes, that should help you determine if the EFI is able to boot MacOS on your system. I'm still in process of putting mine together, but I am using my Clover USB backup for Catalina. I deleted the existing EFI, and am putting the OC EFI into there. If I can get that to boot Catalina, then I plan to replace my Clover EFI on my boot drive with the OC one and try to install Big Sur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back