Contribute
Register

How migrate from Clover to Opencore? (Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pic, but I already did that... "External" is chosen and "1" is in "Picker Attributes." Also my "Show Picker" is checked. But where is "theme?" And how do you pick a theme?
[Edit: I note that the "OpenCanopy.efi" driver included in OpenCore 0.6.3 (release version) is only 58K bytes, the debug version is 101K bytes, but the example in the online image shows it at 232 Kbytes. I have tried both the 58K byte and 101K byte versions of "OpenCanopy.efi," but neither results in other than the text version of the OpenCore window.]
assume you have the resources folder etc in OC folder?

You have OpenCanopy.efi under UEFI->Drivers correct?
Yes.
I'd also check for OC logs to see if there are any errors related to the gui
Don't know where to look for OC logs.
assume you have the resources folder etc in OC folder?
Correct, including all sub-folders and the "tools" folder with its many items.

Any comments about the different sizes of the "Open Canopy.efi" apps, particularly the big difference between either of those files included in OpenCore 0.6.3 and the 232 KB file shown in the attachment below?
OC Beauty Treatment.jpg

Yes.

Don't know where to look for OC logs.

Correct, including all sub-folders and the "tools" folder with its many items.

Any comments about the different sizes of the "Open Canopy.efi" apps, particularly the big difference between either of those files included in OpenCore 0.6.3 and the 232 KB file shown in the attachment below?
View attachment 499808
zip and upload your efi

Attached.
update your files from here:

click on "code" and download zip, extract and replace the resources folder on your EFI

make sure that OpenCanopy.efi is from the same build as your current OpenCore installation or it won't work

also glaring issue is that you are not even adding in OpenCanopy.efi:
Code:
<key>Drivers</key>
        <array>
            <string>OpenRuntime.efi</string>
            <string>HfsPlus.efi</string>
        </array>

would expect to see:

Code:
<key>Drivers</key>
        <array>
            <string>OpenRuntime.efi</string>
            <string>HfsPlus.efi</string>
            <string>OpenCanopy.efi</string>
        </array>

also glaring issue is that you are not even adding in OpenCanopy.efi:
Hey, OpenCanopy.efi IS in my Drivers folder, as you can see. If PlistEditPro app disagrees, why? And can I just type it into PlistEditPro, or is that wishful thinking?
I got all the software from acidanthera, and all the files are straight out of the OpenCore-0.6.3-RELEASE folder or from acidanthera directly. But i guess I can do it all over again... not liking this much.

Hey, OpenCanopy.efi IS in my Drivers folder, as you can see. If PlistEditPro app disagrees, why? And can I just type it into PlistEditPro, or is that wishful thinking?
2 step situation

you obviously need to have the file in drivers folder

and you need to list it in your config.plist, which you haven't... hence the reason it is not working

and you need to list it in your config.plist, which you haven't... hence the reason it is not working
Ah, you are right. It needed to be in OpenCore Configurator, UEFI/Drivers, and it wasn't. Well, it is now. I'll give that a try, thanks!

Ah, you are right. It needed to be in OpenCore Configurator, UEFI/Drivers, and it wasn't. Well, it is now. I'll give that a try, thanks!
i don't use that software but xcode or PlistEditPro can also work :)

It worked! The only problem had been the missing Open Canopy.efi listing in the config.plist/UEFI/Drivers window of Open Configurator. I didn't need to go to PlistEditPro. Now if I could just hide all those icons except for the two I actually use. I knew how to do it in Clover, but no clue in this new world.
[Edit: Got rid of almost all unwanted icons by checking "hide auxiliaries" box in config.plist. But the icon selected by OC is still "EFI" and must be manually changed on each boot to my preferred SSD.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back