Contribute
Register

How migrate from Clover to Opencore? (Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am also working to migrate from clover to opencore,
In the opencore configurator is a option too check your conficuration, hope it helps !

I also have a other problem maybe someone can help me.
After downloading everything i made a new efi with opencore on a usb stick.
The usb stick loads and i can see my windows partition.

But i can't see my Big Sur HDD (i see a mojave installer optie)

If i try to boot the mojave installer it keeps rebooting.

Also i can't get my windows 7 to boot any more on opencore.
Is there also a fix for this ?

Regards

Nextria
If your Windows is installed as Legacy instead of UEFI, OpenCore cannot find it.

If you open "SSDT-6-A M I.aml" in MaciASL and look at the decompiled ".dsl" version, look in the left-hand column and click the arrow on folder "\_SB.PCIO.XHC.RHUB.HS01." Then click on the "_UPC" item (USB Port Capabilities). That should take you to line 365. See the "if...else" commands just below it? Originally the "If" "Return" statement said "Return (GUPC (One))" and the "Else" "Return" statement said "Return (GUPC (Zero))" which enables that HS01 port...
With OpenCore, it has no Automerge option - if your replacing an ACPI table, it has to be dropped first under ACPI->Delete before you add it. That's likely what the issue is.

This is where I get lost. I have found all the PNPxxxx devices, and as far as I can tell they are all under LPCB. How do I "put the dummy EC device (literally named) EC under that same device"? And why is my system working under OpenCore 0.6.3 without doing that? What does the embedded controller do? In my post #55 above, note the comment under device "IPIC" that says it is "an 8259-compatible Programmable Interrupt Controller." This is the only controller I have seen. Is this the subject of the "EC" device issue? Is "PNP0000" relevant? What, exactly, am I supposed to do if there is no "PNP0C09?
If your machine has no Embedded Controller (EC) in it - then you technically don't need it. The freeze that people normally see occurs because an ECDT table exists, or PNP0C09 device exists. The ECDT table specifically says the path to the Embedded Controller (ie _SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC for example). If an Embedded Controller already exists, then it'll look for a device named "EC" specifically (not H_EC or ECDV or other weird namings).

That said, I think the device EC was required for AppleBusPowerController to attach in Mojave and before (Got switched in Catalina), which allowed the power properties for USB to work iirc? I'm not too sure about that.

You still want the USBX device for it's power properties though.

Okay, thanks. I'll try dropping the ACPI listing in the DSDT for "SSDT-6-A M I.aml" and then adding my SSDT. And I guess I'll "do nothing" about the "EC" issue.

[Edit: That didn't do anything. I removed my USB SSDT both from the AFI folder and the ACPI "Add" window. Then I went to the ACPI "Delete" window and typed in the name of the DSDT's "SSDT-6-A M I.aml" file. That name changed automatically to something like "O6AA" (don't remember exactly). I left all other fields in the "Delete" window blank, since I have no idea what they should be. Then I put my SSDT back into the EFI folder and listed it again in the ACPI "Add" window. But IORegistryExplorer still looks the same as in the right picture of my post #56. Now what?]

[Edit 2: I looked at the comments at the top of the original SSDT from the DSDT dump, and recorded the table length, signature, and table ID. I tried to fill in the correct values for the fields. I selected "SSDT" from the menu for "Signature," put in the decimal value of the table length (1157) since the field would not accept the hex value (00002D25; no letters allowed in the field), and typed in "A M I" for the Table ID, but that disappears when typing is done... goes back to empty. Don't know whether the "enable" box should be checked, so tried it both ways. Nothing makes any difference in the IORegistryExplorer display; still HS01 - HS14 plus SS01. It just won't take my SSDT.]

Last edited:
Gave up altogether trying to use my "SSDT-6-A M I.aml" file in OpenCore. I made a "USBPorts.kext" file using Hackintool. Now my edited ports show up correctly in IORegistryExplorer, and the USB flash drive boots my system properly. But at least on Catalina, I see no advantage to OpenCore over Clover v R5126. Booting (maybe because of the USB drive) is slower than Clover, and I don't like the OC text screen. I installed Open Canopy.efi and copied PastryChef's "Resources" and "Tools" folders, but still no GUI in OpenCore. If anyone knows how to make the disk icons show up on the OpenCore window (like in Clover) I'd appreciate hearing about that.

If you look at my post #63, Edit #2, it leaves me with a question: What is the proper step-by-step procedure for deleting an ACPI file in the DSDT? How much information needs to be filled in? Why do the field names maybe not match the names in the "Comments" header of the dumped SSDT?

Gave up altogether trying to use my "SSDT-6-A M I.aml" file in OpenCore. I made a "USBPorts.kext" file using Hackintool. Now my edited ports show up correctly in IORegistryExplorer, and the USB flash drive boots my system properly. But at least on Catalina, I see no advantage to OpenCore over Clover v R5126. Booting (maybe because of the USB drive) is slower than Clover, and I don't like the OC text screen. I installed Open Canopy.efi and copied PastryChef's "Resources" and "Tools" folders, but still no GUI in OpenCore. If anyone knows how to make the disk icons show up on the OpenCore window (like in Clover) I'd appreciate hearing about that.
Did you change the settings in opencore for the theme ?

Now in our config.plist, we have 2 things we need to fix:

• Misc -> Boot -> PickerMode: External
  • Misc -> Boot -> PickerAttributes:1

Did you change the settings in opencore for the theme ?
No, I can find no reference to "theme" anywhere in Open Configurator. Did you perhaps mean "scheme?" At any rate, I do not know how to do that in OC, although it's easy in Clover. I did change the "Misc" choices, but it had no effect... still get the text screen.

No, I can find no reference to "theme" anywhere in Open Configurator. Did you perhaps mean "scheme?" At any rate, I do not know how to do that in OC, although it's easy in Clover. I did change the "Misc" choices, but it had no effect... still get the text screen.

For ease of understanding, here's OpenCore Configurator. :)

Picker.jpg

For ease of understanding, here's OpenCore Configurator.
Thanks for the pic, but I already did that... "External" is chosen and "1" is in "Picker Attributes." Also my "Show Picker" is checked. But where is "theme?" And how do you pick a theme?
[Edit: I note that the "OpenCanopy.efi" driver included in OpenCore 0.6.3 (release version) is only 58K bytes, the debug version is 101K bytes, but the example in the online image shows it at 232 Kbytes. I have tried both the 58K byte and 101K byte versions of "OpenCanopy.efi," but neither results in other than the text version of the OpenCore window.]

Last edited:
You have OpenCanopy.efi under UEFI->Drivers correct?
I'd also check for OC logs to see if there are any errors related to the gui

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back