Contribute
Register

How do i install MacOS Sierra on Asus G752VS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed that guide it didn't work, according to the guide its for intel graphics only, the Asus Rog G752vs has the intel graphics factory disabled since the monitor is G-sync and is directly connected to the Nvidia Gpu, so no optimus, no intel gpu, just nvidia

any guides for nvidia gpu brightness control?

I think someone had indicated in their profile they had Intel graphics, but it now seems fixed/updated.

No clear guides that I know of for Nvidia brightness controls. Of course, I have no Nvidia laptop hardware, therefore no incentive to look for one either.

I followed that guide it didn't work, according to the guide its for intel graphics only, the Asus Rog G752vs has the intel graphics factory disabled since the monitor is G-sync and is directly connected to the Nvidia Gpu, so no optimus, no intel gpu, just nvidia

any guides for nvidia gpu brightness control?
Hello, can you share your DSDT ? Have the same laptop, i need it to work battery status, thank you!:)

Last edited:
Hey all,
Thanks for the guide. I manage to make My laptop: Asus Rog 752VS (i7-6700HK, gtx170) working with high sierra.
The only thing that does not work atm is keyboard backlight and audio. The most important thing that works is that I can plugin external monitor over HDMI and keyboard and mouse, annoying part is that I don't have an option to show screen only on the external monitor, so I have mirror working.

Now for keyboard backlight I don't care much as for audio, I still can't figure out where is the problem and how to set it up. Can someone tell me should I use AppleALC or AppleHDA, and ofc points me to the right direction how to install it / set it up.

Thanks!

Hey all,
Thanks for the guide. I manage to make My laptop: Asus Rog 752VS (i7-6700HK, gtx170) working with high sierra.
The only thing that does not work atm is keyboard backlight and audio. The most important thing that works is that I can plugin external monitor over HDMI and keyboard and mouse, annoying part is that I don't have an option to show screen only on the external monitor, so I have mirror working.

Now for keyboard backlight I don't care much as for audio, I still can't figure out where is the problem and how to set it up. Can someone tell me should I use AppleALC or AppleHDA, and ofc points me to the right direction how to install it / set it up.

Thanks!
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Hey all,

Thanks!

hi there,

Try VoodooHDA for audio.

Just a tip for anyone thinking of upgrading to Mojave: Don't do it.

Nvidia Web Drivers are not available for Mojave and G752VS doesn't have intel integrated graphics enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back