Contribute
Register

How do i install MacOS Sierra on Asus G752VS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a tip for anyone thinking of upgrading to Mojave: Don't do it.
Nvidia Web Drivers are not available for Mojave and G752VS doesn't have intel integrated graphics enabled.

Hi. Can you please attach a CLOVER.zip archive file for your current working config?

I have a very similar laptop model (G752VM) which I am currently trying to hackintosh.

I am stuck on Nvidia issue during clover's boot from installation USB, as this laptop has dual video cards with Intel iGPU disabled.

Did anyone manage to get keyboard/screen backlight/brightness and FN keys to work for Asus ROG G752 series laptops?

For me, ACPIDebug kext + it's DSDT patch doesn't generate any events regarding FN keys in system.log. Only volume FN keys work with AppleALC kext.

I also found this patch regarding brightness for NVidia/Radeon. Can someone check its logic? Doesn't seem to add screen brightness support for my laptop.

Code:
# Maintained by: Olderst for: Brightness Patches
# Add_PNLF_For_DG.txt
#
# Created by Den Skop
# Design by Olderst
#
# This patch enables the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays
# and will also enable activation of sleep mode by closing
# the laptop lid.
#
# This patch works well for laptops that have working
# Radeon/nVidia Discrete Graphics.
#
# Based on information from the normal laptop DSDT methods,
# optimized for use with ACPIBacklight.kext
#
# Note: This patch should be applied to the DSDT that defines
# your discrete graphics device (always at _ADR 0x00010000).

into_all device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label _SB.PCI0.PEG0.GFX0 insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
    // normal PNLF declares (note some of this probably not necessary)\n
    Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
    Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
    Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
    Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
    Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
    // _BCM/_BQC: set/get for brightness level\n
    Method (_BCM, 1, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        // Update backlight via existing DSDT methods\n
        ^^LCDD._BCM (Arg0)\n
    }\n
    Method (_BQC, 0, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        Return (^^LCDD._BQC ())\n
    }\n
    Method (_BCL, 0, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        Return (^^LCDD._BCL ())\n
    }\n
    Method (_DOS, 1, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        ^^_DOS(Arg0)\n
    }\n
}\n
end;

into scope label _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
    Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
    Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
    Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
    {\n
        ^^LCDD._BCM (Arg0)\n
    }\n
    {\n
    }\n
    {\n
    }\n
    {\n
        ^^_DOS(Arg0)\n
    }\n
}\n
end;

into device label VGA insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
    Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
    Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
    Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
    {\n
        ^^LCDD._BCM (Arg0)\n
    }\n
    {\n
    }\n
    {\n
    }\n
    {\n
        ^^_DOS(Arg0)\n
    }\n
}\n
end;

After a successful installation of MacOS Catalina on my main rig (desktop), it’s time to try high Sierra on my ASUS laptop

However, I have another version of the laptop we are talking about.

I have the G752VSK with the following specs:

intel core i7 7820HK (it was a limited edition of some sort. Couldn’t find a lot of users having this model)
32GB RAM
1070 GPU (that’s why High Sierra)
It seems like it is a lot harder to get a working hack on a laptop. Do you have any tips for this specific CPU that I should know of ?

After a successful installation of MacOS Catalina on my main rig (desktop), it’s time to try high Sierra on my ASUS laptop

However, I have another version of the laptop we are talking about.

I have the G752VSK with the following specs:

intel core i7 7820HK (it was a limited edition of some sort. Couldn’t find a lot of users having this model)
32GB RAM
1070 GPU (that’s why High Sierra)
It seems like it is a lot harder to get a working hack on a laptop. Do you have any tips for this specific CPU that I should know of ?
does it also have intel graphics? check windows device manager

No, it doesn't. I didn't check (cuz I would have to reinstall windows lul) but when I freshly installed before, using drivereasy to update drivers, I never saw an intel graphics update. However, according to Intel's Spreadsheet, it appears to have integrated graphics. But I would like to use the nvidia one so it doesn't really matter.

I have encountered a classic error that it couldnt allocate USB ports, resulting in a big NOPE from the system (Kernel Panic with the DENIED sign). I've had this issue with my main rig but was solved quite easily. But I can't get it to work on my laptop. You'll find an attachment of my clover folder without the themes.

The error was USBPowerManagement or something, spamming it until the DENIED sign comes and freezes everything.

The exact specs of my laptop are as follows

ASUS ROG G752VS(KBL) - BA425T

It's in French but that is because I couldn't find an english equivalent site. These are the exact system specs of the laptop I have here: https://www.laptopspirit.fr/190169/...-ips-gtx-1070-quad-kaby-hk-ssd-512-2899e.html

These are the CPU details: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...7820hk-processor-8m-cache-up-to-3-90-ghz.html

Hope this helps, if you need anything else, please ask me so.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.9 MB · Views: 221
No, it doesn't. I didn't check (cuz I would have to reinstall windows lul) but when I freshly installed before, using drivereasy to update drivers, I never saw an intel graphics update. However, according to Intel's Spreadsheet, it appears to have integrated graphics. But I would like to use the nvidia one so it doesn't really matter.

I have encountered a classic error that it couldnt allocate USB ports, resulting in a big NOPE from the system (Kernel Panic with the DENIED sign). I've had this issue with my main rig but was solved quite easily. But I can't get it to work on my laptop. You'll find an attachment of my clover folder without the themes.

The error was USBPowerManagement or something, spamming it until the DENIED sign comes and freezes everything.

The exact specs of my laptop are as follows

ASUS ROG G752VS(KBL) - BA425T

It's in French but that is because I couldn't find an english equivalent site. These are the exact system specs of the laptop I have here: https://www.laptopspirit.fr/190169/...-ips-gtx-1070-quad-kaby-hk-ssd-512-2899e.html

These are the CPU details: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...7820hk-processor-8m-cache-up-to-3-90-ghz.html

Hope this helps, if you need anything else, please ask me so.
you didn't press f2 and f4 at the clover boot screen before uploading your files

next time only your clover folder is required

yes, i just needed to see your preboot to verify no intel graphics

put USBinjectAll.kext to clover/kexts/other

make sure to use a USB2.0 stick, and try all ports
OK. I will create an USB 2.0 installer now. I was using a 3.0 USB. I believe my main hack worked with an USB 2.0 port, but I don't know if I have 2.0 USB ports in my laptop. I think they are all 3.0. But I could be wrong.

OK. I will create an USB 2.0 installer now. I was using a 3.0 USB. I believe my main hack worked with an USB 2.0 port, but I don't know if I have 2.0 USB ports in my laptop. I think they are all 3.0. But I could be wrong.
re read what i said, use a usb2.0 stick, all try all your ports on your laptop (whether they are usb2 or usb3 ports)

It seems to work so far ! I’ll update this when the installation is complete.

Attachments

• 059D7738-CFDF-4C2E-832B-0F58582AC35E.jpeg
    059D7738-CFDF-4C2E-832B-0F58582AC35E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 129
  • 721268FA-4CCD-448C-937D-F84FCC7A32C1.jpeg
    721268FA-4CCD-448C-937D-F84FCC7A32C1.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back