Contribute
Register

How do i install MacOS Sierra on Asus G752VS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
-Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. -Mobo Model: G752VS -Chipset: Skylake-H -Soundbridge: IDA 150
CPU
Inter Core i7 6820HK -Chipset:Skylake-H
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Install MacOS Sierra on Asus G752VS.
MODEL: G752VS
Chipset: Skylake-H
Bios Version: G752VS.306
Processor: I7 6820HK

For this model the only different and important step is CHANGE THE SATA MODE to AHCI in the BIOS SETTINGS:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Follow the instruction here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ake-i7-6700hq-gtx-1070-sierra-10-12-4.221056/

GL502vs has a similar hardware to G752VS. Thanks to safar46 and RehabMan.
DO NOT Apply VoodooI2C.KEXT

DSTS patching is done, but keyboard backlight control is not working.

------------------------------------------------
UPDATE TO high sierra

I followed this post to update to high sierra, it is Not mine.
High Sierra 10.13 Update Steps
To get our hackintosh compatible with High Sierra 10.13 the EFI folder must be updated with a couple changes. Nvidia has released Web Drivers for 10.13 you can download at the bottom. If you have a compatible AMD graphics card like mine you can disregard this as AMD graphics card work in 10.13 perfectly fine.

1. Recreate EFI for High Sierra
Clover EFI Bootloader version 4173 or later needs to be used for High Sierra support. For those using an earlier version of the Clover Bootloader they will need to update to the latest version.

1. Mount your EFI partition and backup and or rename your existing EFI folder to something else and it will be overwritten. You will need to transfer the config.plist and kext folder to the new folder.
  2. Download latest version of Clover EFI Bootloader
  3. If you never installed Clover EFI read Step 2 of the Clover Guide when you reach step 2.e select your boot device instead where your old EFI folder was located.
  4. Once the new EFI folder is on your boot partition transfer your old config.plist and replace the kext folder in the new EFI folder with your own old one.
2. Integrated Graphics
If you plan to use integrated graphics in High Sierra I recommend downloading Shiki.kext for video playback protection. Place it where the rest of your .kext files are, then add the boot flag -shikigva in your config.plist under Boot/Arguments.

If you have a 7th generation Kaby Lake CPU there is an extra step to getting it working in High Sierra. Add the boot flag -disablegfxfirmware to your config.plist under Boot/Arguments

Don’t forget to save your config.plist before closing.

3. USB Port Limit Increase
High Sierra has a new patch required to raise the USB port limit. If you want to use your USB 3 ports properly you’ll need this patch along with USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in your kext folder.

Here’s what the patch looks like if you want to paste it through an editor:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g32MEA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g32MGw==
</data>
</dict>
You can also add the patch with Clover Configurator Clover:

1. Open config.plist with Clover Configurator
  2. Select Kernel and Kext Patches
  3. Select the “+” at the button and input:
    1. Name*: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
    2. Find* [Hex]: 837d8c10
    3. Replace* [Hex] : 837d8c1b
    4. Comment: change 15 port limit to 24
    5. MatchOS: 10.13.x
  4. Save config.plist
This is what the USB port patch should look like in Clover Configurator

4. Kexts
Hackintosh Download Kexts

Use the Kext Page at the top for Kext download link convenience

Dowload the latest version of these kexts and replace the ones in your EFI partition of your boot device:
  • Lilu.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (If using an iGPU)
  • WhateverGreen.kext (If using a AMD GPU)
5. APFS – A Permanent Decision
By default when you upgrade to High Sierra you will be converted over to the new File System called APFS. If you are one of those people who want to try it out then by all means do so. APFS.efi will need to be added to the drivers64UEFI folder of your EFI folder so that a APFS drive can boot properly. I have links and instructions to both those files here:

I recommend backing up your boot drive if you plan to use APFS, before installing the High Sierra update. If you don’t care for it or would rather stick with the HFS format you have on your drive then their is workaround that will let you skip the conversion.

The main reason we should consider opting out on APFS is that it was designed for Mac’s that use custom firmware. This may lead to problems down the line. Also you may have trouble making changes to your EFI after converting.

To skip out on APFS and retain HFS you basically trigger startosinstall inside the High Sierra installer. As such you will only be able to do this if you are installing High Sierra over an existing version of macOS. It wont work for a fresh install. That’s one reason I recommend installing an earlier version of macOS and then upgrading to High Sierra as you have control over what file system you’re using.

To learn how to trigger the High Sierra Installer to use the existing HFS after updating your EFI read How to opt out of APFS in High Sierra

Note: When installing you may see options in the Clover Boot Menu that have hte text “External” instead of the normal cylinder icons. These are High Sierra options and you can still select them with your arrow keys.

6. Nvidia Web Drivers
Installing the Nvidia Drivers on High Sierra requires SIP to be enabled first. Not doing so can cause a prevent a black screen bug or reboot loop. For High Sierra web drivers and the steps you need to follow read How to properly Install Nvidia Drivers on High Sierra 10.13 (17A405)

I did not use APSF. i skipped that, and go with HFS

Also i did not use NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

i did not experiment bootloop issues. The webDriver will be disable first time. You need to update it.

I created a second partition and clone my boot disk there with a free version of Carbon Copy Cloner.
  1. Download high sierra
  2. Update Clover with the latest version in the EFI partition. Use Clover configurator, and update the same items shown here (https://postimg.org/image/fuvhbzezn/) rog-gl502vs guide.
  3. Copy the config.plist, kext folder and drivers64 folder on EFI clover. See attachment High sierra.zip
  4. Sierra 10.12.6 should work with the updated kext, drivers64 and clover.
  5. Create your hd clone.
  6. Update to high sierra with the installer app
  7. reboot, chose the "Installer High Sierra" partition/option (it is the new option available).
    If fails or black screen, just reboot and try again.
  8. boot on high sierra, the screen will be blinking. Update Nvidia web driver.
  9. reboot.
Boot in Recovery HD Issue
I had a problem about boot into Recovery mode.
I removed the OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (driver) and put the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 Instead.
That way you will be able to boot into recovery. You will need to try several times until boots the first time.

UPDATE TO high sierra 10.13.2/10.13.5
I updated clover to the last version. Clover configurator app first. Later mount the efi partition and re-install/update clover stuff.
The 10.13.2 update needs to boot from clover boot loader. You need to change the OsxAptioFixDrv-64 BEFORE everything, and use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.
  • After download the update, and set the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 on clover.plist (EFI), click on "Install update and later reboot" (app store).
  • The update will be downloaded and a black screen will be shown before restart.
  • When the machine boots, choose the option "Install MacOs ......". It is possible that the initial boot process fails a couple of times. Just reboot the machine, and select the "Install MacOs....." option again.
  • If on the installation process (after boot successfully) you see some error like "file is not found or corrupted", reboot again, select you Normal boot option to the MacOS, and erase the "Installation ****" folder on placed on the root of the MacHD. You need to redownload the update again. make everything again.
  • After 6 tries i got everything working.
  • You need to update the WebDrivers and set back the OsxAptioFixDrv-64 on clover.plist (EFI).

Attachments

• High sierra.zip
    19.5 MB · Views: 610
Last edited:
I would like to install MacOS Sierra on Asus G752VS.

I created a bootable USB With Unibeast 7.0.2 and 6.2.0 (El capitan & Sierra). Try changing some files (config.plist), but no luck. I already disable "VT-p And", "Secure Boot mode", and Enable USB legacy support(To support older usb: 1,2).
I Tried with UEFI mode,but it does not boot. EFI boot mode at least shows the gray screen.
The gray screen is similar to this:
xufrYMU.jpg

I would like to know if someone know how to properly setup and install Sierra on Asus g752vs.

MOBO:
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC
MODEL:
752VS
Chipset:
Skylake-H
Southbridge:
IDA 150
Bios:
American Megatrends Inc.
Version: G752VS.306
Processor: I7 6820HK

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Does it also have HD530? If not, no possibility to get it to work currently (no Nvidia 1070 support).

That means, i can't run Mac without the integrated graphics?? :cry:

That means, i can't run Mac without the integrated graphics?? :cry:

You could run without proper graphics support, but macOS is very painful without it.
Useful as a file server, but not much else.

I'm finding the way to get the right GPU on the G752vs.

Trying to disable PCIe GPU, and enable integrated (IGPU) using some mod on the bios.
OR installing an external cheap gpu, supported by MAC.

I would like to know if there is a more advance Bios tool. The G752 bios is really limited. And it miss the chipset options, to swap the GPU.

Ok, now its time to keep going with this. Now the gtx 1070 is supported.
Can some one help me with this process?

Ok, now its time to keep going with this. Now the gtx 1070 is supported.
Can some one help me with this process?
I have working hackintosh 10.12.4 on GL502VS. see my signature for spec. Keyboard, VGA (use Nvidia Driver), Wifi (NGFF bcm94352z), Bluetooth, Webcam works!. wait for my guides

I have working hackintosh 10.12.4 on GL502VS. see my signature for spec. Keyboard, VGA (use Nvidia Driver), Wifi (NGFF bcm94352z), Bluetooth, Webcam works!. wait for my guides

It's awesome. I'll be waiting your info.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back