Contribute
Register

Hopefully near universal USB 3.0 driver for 3rd part controllers in 10.8.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Result from my intel usb 3 port. Seems that I dont have full speed, I have no idea why. I used Patriot USB3. 16GB

Strange, I suggest you check your UEFI settings and see if you have any options you can change there. I'm not familiar with your board, so I can't make any suggestions.

Just did clean install of ML 10.8.2 on GA-Z68XP-UD3 board with Etron EJ168 controller. USB ports (3.0/2.0) appear in system profiler and work. I don't have a 3.0 device, so can't test speed. However, I'm running into some issues. When I insert a flash drive for the first time, everything works properly. When I eject the flash drive, remove it, and then reinsert it, it doesn't show up. The only work around is restarting.

Any thoughts?

Mine behaves the same way. Unmounting or ejecting my USB3 devices make them disappear until after a reboot.
When "visible" and working, transfer speeds are between 80 to 100 MBytes/sec

I've made my usb3 ports work in my GA-Z77X-UP4 TH mb!!! I just installed the usb3 drivers for sonnet cards (http://www.sonnettech.com/support/kb/kb.php?cat=417&expand=&action=a3#a3) and it works perfectly!! In the SYSTEM PROFILER the ports appear like this:

USB 3.0 High-Speed Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB
Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCI
PCI Device ID: 0x7fe900001e31
PCI Revision ID: 0x7fe900000004
PCI Vendor ID: 0x7fe900008086
Bus Number: 0x14

I've made my usb3 ports work in my GA-Z77X-UP4 TH mb!!! I just installed the usb3 drivers for sonnet cards (http://www.sonnettech.com/support/kb/kb.php?cat=417&expand=&action=a3#a3) and it works perfectly!! In the SYSTEM PROFILER the ports appear like this:

USB 3.0 High-Speed Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB
PCI Device ID: 0x7fe900001e31
PCI Revision ID: 0x7fe900000004
PCI Vendor ID: 0x7fe900008086
Bus Number: 0x14

Are you talking about the VIA VL 800 controlled USB 3.0 Rear I/O ports?

If so, the Gigabyte Halloween Board (Z77X-UP7) is fully functional. . . . . Holy smokes. . . .

Thanks for this driver! Just wanted to ask...what are normal speeds we should expect from a USB 3.0 drive?

I have a Seagate 2TB External (USB 3.0) connected to my ASRock H77-itx motherboard and I'm getting Read/Write speeds of ~70 MB/s.

Used BlackMagic Disk Speed Test (from AppStore) to measure. Does that sound about right?

. . .
. . .

Installed the driver, no change. Still no USB function after installing Sonnett driver with BIOS set to xHCI Preboot to Enabled and xHCI Mode set to Auto, Smart Auto or Enabled.

Are there other settings I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back