Contribute
Register

Hopefully near universal USB 3.0 driver for 3rd part controllers in 10.8.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driver work fine on my Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z (ASMedia ASM1042) but I get a Wake (reason: PXSX PXSX) immediately after sleep.

[EDIT]

FYI, Posted a solution for my wake problem:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/71401-immediate-wake-sleep-please-help-w-dsdt-edit.html#post445972

Getting very close to a solution for me:

Using these drivers http://www.osx86.net/view/2958-asmedia_usb_3.0_chip1042_fully_working_...html
(betting they are similar to TheLostSuede ones) and using suggested Method _DSM for of my devices
(On my Maximus IV Gene-Z: PCI0->RP05->PXSX and PCI0->RP06->PXSX).

Menu Sleep and Power Button are working as expected. No more unwanted wake.

Still some issues:

Autosleep via Energy Saver doesn't make the job: display goes off but computer continues to run. Error in logs: "WindowServer: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: err 0x0"

Once wake is done, OSX complains about unplugged USB drives if any plugged/mounted ones.
Hope this can help...

I think I was a bit hasty saying I was having random kick issues. It seems to be down to the fact that I was using Icy Box eSATA drives connected to the Etron USB 3.0 port with a conversion lead. This wasn't a problem in Lion with an add-in card with the NEC controller, but now using proper USB 3.0 drives on the Etron port is solid as a rock and much better than in Lion.

Sadly my NEC add-in card no longer works, but I can live without it now, and have freed up a much needed PCI slot. Thanks!

Dose any one have a Knowledge to get the Fresco FL1009 chip's to work on the X79-UD5 board running 10.8 ?

Some one said use the 3 party option in multibeast but it crashed my computer

This appears to work with my on my Asus Z68 board which has a Asmedia ASM1083 USB 3.0 chip. Unfortunately I don't have any USB 3 devices to test it with but works well with my USB 2 external.

I have an MSI Z77Z-GD65

as soon as I connect something to the USB 3.0 port the computer freezes

Hope there's an update to this problem soon :)

I have an MSI Z77Z-GD65

as soon as I connect something to the USB 3.0 port the computer freezes

Hope there's an update to this problem soon :)

Yeah well, for one, that's native Intel USB 3.0, so these drivers do NOT apply to you. Secondly, have you tried 1. updating your UEFI and 2. tried changing the USB 3.0 settings in the UEFI for that board?

Installed those drivers on my 10.8 system, now My Etron EJ168A USB3 working again. I have ASRock Z77 Extreme 6.

Thank you thelostswede

Now I tested it and checked the info under system information, Etron USB3 works as USB2.

Result from my intel usb 3 port. Seems that I dont have full speed, I have no idea why. I used Patriot USB3. 16GB

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-18 at 13.02.08 .png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-18 at 13.02.08 .png
    82.5 KB · Views: 276
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back