Contribute
Register

High Sierra: Stuck after few seconds of Loading Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • I suspect a Problem with your CLOVER.
  • Upload CLOVER as a compressed file from the Disk that is causing the Verbose boot error you had uploaded.[See edited image]

Ok thanks for taking a look! I've added the compressed CLOVER directory from the flash drive's EFI partition

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 75
Ok thanks for taking a look! I've added the compressed CLOVER directory from the flash drive's EFI partition
  • I found this CLOVER basically Good to boot
  • But that error from my experience is often trying to boot without a a FakeSMC .kext or one that is too old or the SIP is enabled and hence kexts from kexts folder cannot be installed or other important kexts especially related to Graphics support is missing from kexts/Other , and hence Clover cannot load the needed kext. In your case CLOVER is NOT the culprit.
  • The next cause could be the BIOS.
  • Your initial post stated about the BIOS:
    could not disable Secure Boot Mode. It was greyed out
    • that might be an issue.
  • I suggest trying this:

Disable UEFI secure boot:

1 Make sure the "OS Type" is "Windows UEFI" [See image]

2 Enter "Key Management" [See image]

3 Select "Clear Secure Boot keys" (You will have the option "Install default Secure Boot keys" to restore the default keys after you cleared the Secure Boot Keys) [See image]

4 After you cleared the Secure Boot Keys, Secure Boot will be automatically disabled.
You can set the OS Type to Other OS now for macOS Booting.

.Hope this helps.
Is there any other 3rd party hardware that you have not listed and that is known to cause kext problem?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 2.png
    2.png
    161 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.png
    3.png
    216.9 KB · Views: 102
  • CLOVERR:kexts:Other-OK.png
    CLOVERR:kexts:Other-OK.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 78
Is there any other 3rd party hardware that you have not listed and that is known to cause kext problem?

Hi again cmn699! Unfortunately I tried all those things and the exact same result persists. Btw when this is all good ima half to tip you mate, those instructions are super easy to understand. I was able to change Secure Boot to other OS, and i did try also deleting the kext directories you had in the last picture there. And my primary hardware is as listed in bio, but i don't have anything else plugged in other than my ram.

Also I tried booting with debug kexts on which seems to have gotten farther along, but it still got stuck. Around the same place each time i tried. (pictures attached) I tried googling the relative stop point but i can't find anything on it.

Thanks mate!

Attachments

• Debug Kexts Photos.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 84
Hi again cmn699! Unfortunately I tried all those things and the exact same result persists. Btw when this is all good ima half to tip you mate, those instructions are super easy to understand. I was able to change Secure Boot to other OS, and i did try also deleting the kext directories you had in the last picture there. And my primary hardware is as listed in bio, but i don't have anything else plugged in other than my ram.

Also I tried booting with debug kexts on which seems to have gotten farther along, but it still got stuck. Around the same place each time i tried. (pictures attached) I tried googling the relative stop point but i can't find anything on it.

Thanks mate!
I am baffled. I could not see any errors .
Can you try a LIVE Linux CD installation to test the whole system?
If you want the steps I can post.

I am baffled. I could not see any errors .
Can you try a LIVE Linux CD installation to test the whole system?
If you want the steps I can post.
Haha ok cool will do. I can lookup how to create, what method specifically should i use to test and with what distro?

Haha ok cool will do. I can lookup how to create, what method specifically should i use to test and with what distro?
  • Even this will do: xerus64-8.4.iso [a small Puppylinux)
  • You can use "Etcher" for Mac (freeware) to create a bootable Flash disk through Mac Download for macOS
  • Good luck
  • I am interested to know why your System is so stubborn against HS!

• Even this will do: xerus64-8.4.iso [a small Puppylinux)
  • You can use "Etcher" for Mac (freeware) to create a bootable Flash disk through Mac Download for macOS
  • Good luck
  • I am interested to know why your System is so stubborn against HS!
ok im working on testing now, i should mention that i do have a working Yosemite Hack on all the same hardware. Im just unplugging everything and leaving one hard drive in (no OS) for installing HS. so i don't think there's any hardware problems. Is there something i should use this xerus to search for specifically?

ok im working on testing now, i should mention that i do have a working Yosemite Hack on all the same hardware. Im just unplugging everything and leaving one hard drive in (no OS) for installing HS. so i don't think there's any hardware problems. Is there something i should use this xerus to search for specifically?
If that boots and works fully like browsing, video playing, Music etc etc you know that all hardware are OK on Linux system. Then the problem is with macOS High Sierra and the hardware. In that case you may need DSDT to install HS on this system's CLOVER ACPI . I had great problems from my GA-X79 UP4 even to install macOS Sierra and needed SSDTs . I suspect that might be the issue. But Linux will tell that by running OK to rule out hardware issue like RAM etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back