Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4700k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi folks,

Having a bit of trouble booting into the HS installer.

Have followed the install guide and searched around here for some answers, but have had no luck yet.

Booting into Verbose gives me the 'windowserver service exited with abnormal code: 1'

Any help would be much appreciated

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
i7 4700k - 4GHZ
Strix GTX 1060

H

Hi folks,

Having a bit of trouble booting into the HS installer.

Have followed the install guide and searched around here for some answers, but have had no luck yet.

Booting into Verbose gives me the 'windowserver service exited with abnormal code: 1'

Any help would be much appreciated

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
i7 4700k - 4GHZ
Strix GTX 1060

H
  • Try installing the System after Removing the PCIE Nvidia GTX 1060 from motherboard
  • Use the Integrated INTEL HD 4600 and BIOS options for IGFX and DVMT Pre_Allocated Memory of minimum 64, but ideally 128 and monitor connected Digitally.
  • Make sure to change BIOS Options to IGFX and DVMT Pre_Allocated Memory BEFORE Removing the PCIE card
  • After changing the BIOS options and reboot > "No Display" message on screen shut down the PC to remove Nvidia and connect the Cable to IGFX
  • For Intel HD 4600,
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other will need Fake PCIID; https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads
    • CLOVER/kexts Numbered empty folders (10.6 to 10.13) to be deleted
    • Config.plist will need FakeID: config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086
    • config.plist/Graphics [√]InjectIntel and Ig-platform-id=0x0D220003
  • Use Verbose boot mode and take screen shots of problem boot screen(s) to upload for help, please don't try to post what you think is the problem error in the screen; it may or may not be. Screen shots are better for diagnosis.
  • Once the System runs well on Intel HD 4600 without the need for USB installer disk to boot:
    • Install Nvidia Webdriver for the version of macOS High Sierra you are installing ,
    • Edit CLOVER/kexts/Other with Latest Lilu.kext (from Rehabman) and latest NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and also
    • Install the above two kexts using Kext Wizard or Kext Utility into /S/L/E and
    • On reboot enter BIOS and change:
      • the Graphics options to PCIE (PEG)
      • DISABLE Intel Graphics
      • Your HS System disk in Boot Option Priorities #1 and
      • All other disks in Boot Option Priorities list DISABLED
      • and Save and Reboot .
  • In CBM make sure to check Boot Args and GraphicsInjector > in Options to be consistent with booting the NVIDIA GTX 1060.
  • Now boot in Verbose and upload any boot error screen you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back