Contribute
Register

High Sierra, i7 8700, Z370 Gaming 5, RX580 8GB Success with minor issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 5
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
Gigabyte RX580 8GB
Hi..
This is my 3rd successful build. My system configurations are:-

C.P.U - i7 8700
M.B - Gigabyte Z370 Gaming5
G.P.U - Gigabyte RX 580 8GB
SSD - Samsung evo 860 - 250 GB
HD - 4TB SATA
RAM - 16GB DDR 4 3000MHz
P.S.U - Cooler-master V850

I Have Installed High Sierra & there are following issues...

1. USB 3.0 Ports are not working... Only U.S.B 2.0 devices are detected on these ports.. The M.B has a U.S.B 3.1 port & U.S.B 3.1 C port, both these ports are working fine.

2. I am using a SSD and a Sata HD. I tried to connect a third Hd but the third HD is not Detected (The third HD is in Working Condition & formatted in mac format).

Please help me to solve these issues...

Regards..
Naresh

Hi..
This is my 3rd successful build. My system configurations are:-

C.P.U - i7 8700
M.B - Gigabyte Z370 Gaming5
G.P.U - Gigabyte RX 580 8GB
SSD - Samsung evo 860 - 250 GB
HD - 4TB SATA
RAM - 16GB DDR 4 3000MHz
P.S.U - Cooler-master V850

I Have Installed High Sierra & there are following issues...

1. USB 3.0 Ports are not working... Only U.S.B 2.0 devices are detected on these ports.. The M.B has a U.S.B 3.1 port & U.S.B 3.1 C port, both these ports are working fine.

2. I am using a SSD and a Sata HD. I tried to connect a third Hd but the third HD is not Detected (The third HD is in Working Condition & formatted in mac format).

Please help me to solve these issues...

Regards..
Naresh

Hello there,

1) For your first question, you will probably need to use the port-limit removal patch to open up all your USB ports and then create an SSDT to configure them properly. The reason why the USB3.1 ports are working is probably because they are run by an ASMedia chipset, whereas all the others are run by the main Intel Z370. The two types are treated separately :thumbup:

2) How did you try to connect the 3rd drive - USB or SATA? Does anything show in the Terminal version of diskutil? ('diskutil list')

:)

Thank You "UtterDisbelief" for replying..

1. Please direct me to the "Post" which explains the process of removing port limit in detail.
2. The third hard disk I was connecting is Sata (1TB WD Caviar Black)

Regards
Naresh

Thank You "UtterDisbelief" for replying..

1. Please direct me to the "Post" which explains the process of removing port limit in detail.
2. The third hard disk I was connecting is Sata (1TB WD Caviar Black)

Regards
Naresh

The USB port limit patch depends on your OS version. So what's your actual version of Mac OS? You can apply the patch directly in Clover Configurator.
Guide for Creating a SSDT for your USB ports: Link

The USB port limit patch depends on your OS version. So what's your actual version of Mac OS? You can apply the patch directly in Clover Configurator.
Guide for Creating a SSDT for your USB ports: Link
Hi..Currently I am using 10.13.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back