Contribute
Register

Help with Mavericks+Haswell please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Windows 8.1 Pro (and willing to install Mavericks)
CPU
Intel i5 4670k
Graphics
Gigabyte's GTX 770 OC 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Recently (about 3 months ago) I bought an Intel based PC and after buying it i remembered I could turn it into a Hackintosh so I did... Or at least I tried.

I followed the installation guide on installing Mavericks all the way until I was in the Bootloader. Until then everything was working.
Now, when I select the USB drive (called Mavericks) it would show the apple splash screen for less than a second and it would reboot back into the Bootloader.

I did some research and found a person who had a similar problem. This person had been linked to another page where there was a tutorial on how to modify match_kernel because it seems that the new Haswell CPUs have a new power management that is not compatible with something. So I followed this tutorial.

Now the problem is the Terminal part. When I put the code in Terminal it gives me an error: Directory not found: /Volumes/Mavericks/match_kernel.

Now the question is: How do I modify the kernel on that USB drive (called Mavericks)? By the way, I used UniBeast to create that bootable USB.
If I can't, are there any alternatives?

Thanks.

Now the problem is the Terminal part. When I put the code in Terminal it gives me an error: Directory not found: /Volumes/Mavericks/match_kernel.

Spelling problem. It is mach_kernel, not match_kernel.

LOL That was actually the problem xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back