Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help with HP Spectre x360 and 10.14.5, UHD 620 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ve-kernel-panic-due-to-divide-by-zero.261687/ to apply the fix for the divide by zero issue, added -igfxmlr as a boot flag and now I get one of two outputs in the screenshots below. Either stopping at gIOScreenLockState 3 or stopping at one of the [AGPM Controller] lines.

Also the Device ID of the UHD 620 in this laptop is 3EA0, and I'm spoofing it as 3EA5 in the Devices/Properties WhateverGreen patches. Is that the correct thing to do or should I be using something like 3E9B?
not sure, but I think you should be using 5916xxxx or something similar. I haven't seen anyone use 3Exxxxxx for uhd 620 for laptops. and I also think you do not need to spoof the ID. another thing, in device/properties in config.plist, those values are not put in correctly. it should look similar to the screenshots in post #5, they should also ALL be data value types. at least that's what I did

Last edited:
Success!

I got it working by using 5916 as a Device ID and 5916009 Framebuffer. I also used the -cdfon, -igfxmlr, and igfxcflbklt=1 boot flags.

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    10.3 MB · Views: 289
  • Devices:Properties.png
    Devices:Properties.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 325
  • CLOVER iGPU:Input Working.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 158
Success!

I got it working by using 5916 as a Device ID and 5916009 Framebuffer. I also used the -cdfon, -igfxmlr, and igfxcflbklt=1 boot flags.
I figured that would be your issue. Happy you got it working :headbang:. one note: I notice that you're uhd 620 only has 1536MB of vram. are you experiencing glitch issues when scrolling etc? only asking because its recommended for 4k users to boost vram to 2048 because of those issues (which I've also faced as well).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.12.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.12.36 PM.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Update for anyone else who has this laptop:

I've gotten audio (ALC285), brightness, battery (SMCBattery + RehabMan HP G6 2221ss DSDT Patch), and shutdown/reboot (required EmuVariableUefi-64.efi) working. Updated Clover folder attached.

However, the Intel network card (Intel Wireless-AC 9560, 9DF08086) cannot be switched out.
It's some weird thing I've never seen before.

Attachments

• CLOVER-Final.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1054.jpeg
    IMG_1054.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:

I've gotten audio (ALC285), brightness, battery (SMCBattery + RehabMan HP G6 2221ss DSDT Patch), and shutdown/reboot (required EmuVariableUefi-64.efi) working. Updated Clover folder attached.

However, the Intel network card cannot be switched out.
Good Job! I think that's just a piece of clear tape over the network card. maybe just peel it off and see how the card is installed. I've seen very FEW systems with a soldered network card

However, the Intel network card (Intel Wireless-AC 9560, 9DF08086) cannot be switched out.

hello,
I have a similar laptop, have you been able to get sleep or the webcam working?
My webcam is detected, but it just shows black no images.

thanks

hello,
I have a similar laptop, have you been able to get sleep or the webcam working?
My webcam is detected, but it just shows black no images.

thanks

I haven’t gotten sleep to work at all, I don’t even know where to start to fix that.

Regarding the camera, it’s detected as a camera in System Information, but Photo Booth and FaceTime do not even detect a camera connected to the system, not even a black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back