Contribute
Register

Help with booting into Mavericks with Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1, i7-4470K, GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like power management isn't working properly did you install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from multibeast I'd give that a go run if you haven't done so already check your c states an do states with dpcimanager if you Running 10.9.3
My hackingtosh won't sleep :( The screen just goes black and mouse cursor freeze. When I click i'm right back at the desktop instantly. I tried installing the patched AppleIntelCPUPOwerManggement from multibeast and it did nothing so I replaced it with the original. Any ideas on what I can try to diagnose it? attached is a pdf log of what I believe to be my C and P states using DPCIManager:
View attachment Log.pdf
I'm not sure if my values are normal or not. A link to figuring out the correct states would be helpful :)

Other issues:
- safari: glitchy and can't play youtube videos. My solution is Chrome, it works and plays everything.
- VLC: Won't play video just audio.
- Quicktime: works but a little glitchy.

All these issues seem graphics related. I am using the integrated graphics on my intel i5-4670K. I was wondering if purchasing a graphics card would solve them.

500e do you have any of these issues using a dedicated graphics card?

Thanks Carp, it's sleeping (and waking up) well now :)

Hey kakar0tt, I'm glad everything's working better (sound-wise). I can't speak much to using the built-in graphics on the motherboard- I just used it briefly while doing the original basic install. My dedicated card plays youtube video fine, VLC perfectly and Quicktime well. Have you messed with the "graphics enabler=no" and "graphics enabler=yes" flags? I had issues with which one worked (some guides say "no", some say "yes" in their builds). Mine is set to "yes" after several experiments.

Maybe you could get a used graphics card cheap from someone who's upgrading? Try ebay or craigslist?

My hackingtosh won't sleep :( The screen just goes black and mouse cursor freeze. When I click i'm right back at the desktop instantly. I tried installing the patched AppleIntelCPUPOwerManggement from multibeast and it did nothing so I replaced it with the original. Any ideas on what I can try to diagnose it? attached is a pdf log of what I believe to be my C and P states using DPCIManager:
View attachment 95623
I'm not sure if my values are normal or not. A link to figuring out the correct states would be helpful :)

Other issues:
- safari: glitchy and can't play youtube videos. My solution is Chrome, it works and plays everything.
- VLC: Won't play video just audio.
- Quicktime: works but a little glitchy.

All these issues seem graphics related. I am using the integrated graphics on my intel i5-4670K. I was wondering if purchasing a graphics card would solve them.

500e do you have any of these issues using a dedicated graphics card?
you may need to add dart=0 or darkwake=1 to your boot flags to get sleep working right it looks like your p states and c states are fine if you open dpcimanager and look at it again it should be constantly changing from one value to another the more values the better

As far as the graphics are concerned I'm surprised you can even boot up since you moved your graphics kext
Ive seen the missing bluetooth error on things also related to audio not just graphics so it's possible that you could have fixed that error by messing with audio instead of messing with the graphics

what I would do at this point is try some integrated graphics boot flags like GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=xxxxxxxxxxxx <-------place your specific values here or IGPDeviceID=xxxxxxxxx <--------place your specific value here to check if you have full graphics acceleration working open dvd player click help in the menu bar and click supported features it will then display a slash that will say Quartz Extreme supported/unsupported then to check core image open system preference then open desktop and screen saver click the screen saver tab and select a screen saver if you can preview it in the right hand pane then core image is working also look to see if you have a transparent menu bar if it's not then one of the two aren't working as launch pad will indcate graphic problems

have a look here at this thread

you may even need to put your graphics kext back by reinstalling them with kext wizard or your favorite kext installer I prefer kext wizard they will be in a folder named intel_back in /System/Library/Extensions
and just live with the slower boot time

Now as far as a cheap working graphics card the Nvidia GeForce GT 640 is only like $100 USD and mine has hdmi dvi and vga and oddly enough the vga works too as long as you have a smbios of mac pro 3,1 all three work if you decide to get a graphics card and an Nvidia you will need to use GraphicsEnabler=No and use IGPEnabler=Yes to be able to use the integrated with the discrete card i have them both working together on my old lga 775 asus P5LP-LE haven't tried this on newer hardware yet but other report it working fine

For me to get youtube to work right in safari i had to download the adobe flash player plugin some videos would play another wouldn't before

500e
Ive never opened a support thread so i don't know how to change the title you may just want to open a golden build thread with a link to this one instead

Hey Carp :p I'm getting a very similar build tomorrow(can't wait x)). Is there a possibility that you could create a new post or thread with instructions on how to do this? For example with just the solutions and not the troubleshooting, the audio drivers is also just a quick fix now :) Would also feel a lot better if you could take a look at my cart before I order it. https://www.komplett.no/k/shoplist....01828&su=3351BDFA-B953-40D8-9DA3-200469746BC2 optionally the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H is in stock.Thanks!

Thanks for your help and suggestions 500e and carp. I really appreciate your time and efforts. My System won't sleep properly(can live without) and still can't play videos via vlc( can't live without), safari and quicktime glitchy. I have flash installed. 500e how did you get sleep working? did you install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from multibeast? that did not work for me. So far I've tried the following boot flags without success:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No, dart=0, dart=1, darkwake=1, darkwake=0, IGPEnabler=Yes, IGPlantofrmID=xxx , and IGPDeviceID=xxxx( i forgot what my id was but i did verify it was correct using the bdmesg command in terminal.
As far as the graphics are concerned I'm surprised you can even boot up since you moved your graphics kext
I'm surprised as well. Is it because I added the intel graphics to my bootlist using device properties? For anyone else who may need it:
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>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</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
Change the last line to match your resolution.
Ive seen the missing bluetooth error on things also related to audio not just graphics so it's possible that you could have fixed that error by messing with audio instead of messing with the graphics
I think you are on to something here. I restored all the graphics kext and had slow boot time (about 2 to 3 mins). Sleep worked but the machine froze on wake and I had to wait a min for it to unfreeze. safari was still glitchy and vlc did not play video. I then removed all graphics kext again and added 1 at a time. I discovered that I only need to remove AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext & AppleIntelHD5000Graphics to boot in 8 seconds.
Adding AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext = 35 second boot time. Adding AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext = almost 2 min boot time. The issue appears to be with AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. A quick search revealed that someone having my exact issue solved it by fixing HDMI audio (see pic)
HDMI FIX.png
I guessing I have to enable HDMI audio(involves patching AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext) or at least get the ALC1150 audio drivers working. I'm using VooDooHDA v2.8.4. I tried the Quick Fix for Onboard Audio on 9 Series Motherboards. If it was just installing the kext for the 1150(what I did) then it didn't work. I believe the following links could solve my problem:
Haswell HDMI Audio (v1 Archive)
Mavericks: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

A quick initial read of the links puzzled me :crazy:. I'm unsure when toleda is giving information or providing instructions. What information or instructions I should follow is also confusing because there are so many subsections. I don't know where to begin and when it ends. Tomorrow I will pour over it carefully and try to figure it out. Wish me luck and any help is appreciated. I also started looking at cheap graphics card but going to give this my all first. Oh and I checked for QE/CI. DVD player gave error. "There was an initialization error" A valid DVD drive could not be found.[-70012]. I have the dvd player connected via usb and it works with itunes. CI is not activated. I couldn't see the preview in screen saver and I do not have a transparent menu bar.

With no QE/CI no wonder things seem glitchy
I'd start by reinstalling all the graphics kexts an use the graphics boot flags related to your hardware and attempt to follow those guides
I too find Toleda's guide hard to follow but I usually fix most all my issues via DSDT injection because it lives through updates But yes hdmi audio and Video are directly related

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit:
I bumped into this today and it should help those in this thread with integrated graphics http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...phics-acceleration-9-series-motherboards.html

Hey Carp :p I'm getting a very similar build tomorrow(can't wait x)). Is there a possibility that you could create a new post or thread with instructions on how to do this? For example with just the solutions and not the troubleshooting, the audio drivers is also just a quick fix now :) Would also feel a lot better if you could take a look at my cart before I order it. https://www.komplett.no/k/shoplist....01828&su=3351BDFA-B953-40D8-9DA3-200469746BC2 optionally the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H is in stock.Thanks!
Hi
I personally don't own any gigabyte boards just Asus so I don't think me writing a guide on these boards would be very useful since I couldn't even begin to say what I would begin doing since I personally have no experience with those motherboards I am just good at interpreting Kernel panics and verbose boot hangs that's all that's why these guys where able to get there systems up and running by using the boot flags I gave them and using the ethernet kexts I gave them and some other links to other threads

The items in your cart are almost identical to 500e's build so using this thread would be a must for getting your system up and running right and you could simply jump to the solutions I provided and the ones 500e provided the two of us worked very hard on these new 9 series boards troubleshooting things to get them going right so we have done all the handwork for you so just use the main mavericks guide for the simplest install procedure and use the boot flags from this thread to get to the installer and then back into the installation and as always if you have any problems with boot hangs boot with -v and get us a screen shot and we will help i promise we are here to support you.

Sorry I just couldn't write a guide since I would have to have this set up to even come up with what is needed for a guide maybe 500e will write you one

Will you write him a guide 500e?

Carpentry

Hi Magnus and Carp- I will do a highlights post here and Carp can tell me if I missed anything. Then I'll start a new thread.

In the mean time, does anyone know why this happened in the middle of a simple task? I was just opening a new file in Illustrator and the screen filled with this text and froze...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 154
Carp and others, can you look this over and make sure I've put everything in here, and in the right order?

Quick instructions for getting the Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1 Motherboard up and running. These are the bare-bone instructions. For more detailed info and other fixes (like getting USB Audio to work), please read the whole thread at: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...te-z97x-gaming-7-g1-i7-4470k-gtx-760-a-6.html

The components:
Intel i7 4770K
Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II OC
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1 Gaming LGA-1150
16GB (2x8) Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600MHz
256GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD
Seagate Barracuda 3 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s

General suggestions:
These suggestions are assuming you have gone through the whole Hackintosh setup and installed the latest version of Multibeast.
Get Kext Wizard.
Always rebuild kext cache and repair permissions after you install or remove a kext.
I downloaded the F5 (latest) version of BIOS for my Gigabyte board (from their website) and updated it via Q-Flash in BIOS. Here are the instructions: http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/131047-how-update-your-gigabyte-motherboards-bios.html

Multibeast settings:

Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Universal > VoodooHDA v2.7.3
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.8.1307
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > System > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > Verbose Boot
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Audio fix:

Boot with -x and delete your Apple audio drivers by going into System/Library/Extensions and removing the AppleHDA.kext (save a copy first somewhere safe). As always, rebuild kext cache and repair permissions. In MultiBeast, under Drivers/Audio/Universal, check VoodooHDA v2.7.3 and install and restart. The ALC1150 drivers do not work for our boards (so far).

Network/Internet Connectivity Fix:

Download IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip at http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...-i7-4470k-gtx-760-ionetworkingfamily.kext.zip

Read the disclosure here in post one also read for other debugging and trouble shooting
Working Kext for Killer E2200 http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/120084-working-kext-killer-e2200-5.html

Attached Files ALXEthernet.kext.zip http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ext-killer-e2200-alxethernet-killer-e2200.zip

Open /System/Library/Extensions/
Select “show package contents” on IONetworkingFamily.kext
Open “contents/plugins”
Copy to the desktop ALXEthernet.kext
Then with kext wizard install it to System/Library/Extensions
Then on the maintenance tab repair permissions and rebuild Kext cache on S/L/E
Reboot

That's it!

500e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back