Contribute
Register

Help with booting into Mavericks with Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1, i7-4470K, GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly! Im sory... to all in this thread! and thank you! for your answer. I used another installed OSX on internet because i find the way to make unibeats... I love tonymacx86, i love our forum!

After i try your advice, i will write a new thread about this problem with all infomation of my hardware. Thanks you! many thanks!

Hey guys I've been following this thread for awhile and working on my hackingtosh and need some help.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My build is similar to the user 500e:
- Intel i5 4670K
- NO graphics card (I plan on using intel HD graphics)
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1 Gaming LGA-1150
- 16GB (2x8) G. Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 MHz
- 256GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD
- Western Digital Black 2.0 TB HD SATA 6 GB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I updated the bios to the latest version F6 and made sure all the bios settings are correct:
-loaded optimize defaults, XMP memory profile 1, and I disabled VT-d.

I was able to install mavericks onto my SSD where i installed the following using multibeast (see photo) and repaired permissions and rebuild cache using ktext
error1.png

I avoided the ethernet and audio drivers from multibeast for my board as I planned on using the solutions in this thread to fix them once I have the system booting up without any issues. I can boot into safe mode using the -x flag. Trying to boot into the SSD without any flags gives no errors just the apple logo and the gears spinning indefinitely. I am trying to boot without any flags and then I will work on the ethernet and audio using the solutions already provided in this thread.

attached is a screen shot of my -v flag.
error2.jpg
i've been at it for 13 hours straight. Sorry about the lengthy post.

UPDATE: I got everything up and running except for audio. I am booting without any flags and I have ethernet but still no audio. My mistake was trying to skip over 500e's mistakes and go directly to the solutions. I followed his exact steps, made his mistakes, and use the solutions provided by carp and they worked for everything except audio.

One mistake that I needed to make was to install the realtek ALC1150 audio driver and the Killer ALXEthernet V1.0.2 network driver from multibeast. After my system gave an error, I booted using -x flags and removed the appleHDA.kext and it booted up without any flags but no internet. Simply skipping the installation of the incompatible drivers leaves the system hanging. I was now booting without any flags and I used the ktext provided by gamester that carp posted to get the ethernet working.

STill no audio though :(
I tried using all of the voodooHDA audio drivers in multibeast to no avail. I did them one at a time and repaired permissions with kext wizard. The system would hang, I would then boot up using -x flags, and remove the ktext which would return the system to normal.

Note: After installing some of the audio drivers from multibeast I could hear static from my speakers upon reboot but the system just hangs at the apple logo. The only way in again is -x where audio is of course disabled.

Hey guy discovered this thread and thought I would share it with you guys that may want to use AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/134002-quick-fix-onboard-audio-9-series-motherboards.html

I have to say thank you so much carp! :thumbup: I got everything up thanks to you. Everything except for audio.

I tried using tonymac's solution but it did not work for me. I installed the kext using kext wizard and repaired permission but it did not work. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or leaving out a step and was hoping for some help.

I also don't understand what tony meant by:
"To get audio to work on 9 Series, you must binary patch 4 instances of 20 8C to A0 8C in the AppleHDAController binary. I've attached 3 pre-patched versions for testing."

I recently purchased a dragon fly v1.2 dac which allows me to use audio over usb like the user 500e. I'm going to give that a shot and hope it works. wish me luck guys!

I figured the USB audio out! I copied the AppleUSBAudio.kext from the s/l/e on my regular iMac (where my USB speakers were working) and installed it in the s/l/e on my hackintosh via kext wizard and after a reboot the speakers appeared in the system preferences/sound area!

Hey 500e, I recently purchased a dragonfly v1.2 dac to use audio over usb but am unsuccessful. I was wondering if you don't mind uploading your AppleUSBAudio.kext from the imac where it worked. I'd like to copy it using kext wizard and give it a try also. :D

Hi kakar0tt - I can't seem to upload the AppleUSBAudio kext. It says it is a 10Kb "invalid file".

Maybe you can find some older kexts somewhere on this site?

This build has been running fine except for one small thing:

I usually leave my computer on all the time and let the apple sleep function turn off the screens after 20 mins of no use. After an hour I have it shut down the hard drives and go into whatever mode is after "sleep" and before "shut down".

I'd say 70% of the time it wakes up fine with a click of the mouse or a key on the keyboard, but once in a while it's just frozen (but the power light is still on and the fans are running). I usually have to manually restart it a couple times and get the screens I've attached.

Usually after getting those two screens, it just starts up fine, like nothing happened (well, Photoshop and a couple other programs want to open rescued files that were open).

Carp, any ideas about what could be going on? By the way, how do I add "SOLVED" to the title of this whole thread? I can change it in a single post, but can't do the global title...

Thanks!
photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Hi kakar0tt - I can't seem to upload the AppleUSBAudio kext. It says it is a 10Kb "invalid file".

Maybe you can find some older kexts somewhere on this site?
Try compressing it

This build has been running fine except for one small thing:

I usually leave my computer on all the time and let the apple sleep function turn off the screens after 20 mins of no use. After an hour I have it shut down the hard drives and go into whatever mode is after "sleep" and before "shut down".

I'd say 70% of the time it wakes up fine with a click of the mouse or a key on the keyboard, but once in a while it's just frozen (but the power light is still on and the fans are running). I usually have to manually restart it a couple times and get the screens I've attached.

Usually after getting those two screens, it just starts up fine, like nothing happened (well, Photoshop and a couple other programs want to open rescued files that were open).

Carp, any ideas about what could be going on? By the way, how do I add "SOLVED" to the title of this whole thread? I can change it in a single post, but can't do the global title...

Thanks!
View attachment 95430View attachment 95431
sounds like power management isn't working properly did you install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from multibeast I'd give that a go run if you haven't done so already check your c states an do states with dpcimanager if you Running 10.9.3

I tried the voodoo but they don't work for me.
AUDIO WORKING! don't give up dude, i had the same issue as you.

Tonymac's prepatched solution did not work for me.Voodoo v2.7.3 eventually worked. My issue before was hanging apple logo after I installed the voodoo drivers.

I solved it by doing a fresh install, installed all multibeast drivers including realtek alc1150 (I had to remove appleHDA after reboot). I fixed all errors by using the -v flag and watch what errors were holding me up. The missing bluetooth error was solved by the method 500e mentioned:
enter the following exactly after rebooting (watch out for spaces)
-s
mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mkdir intel_back
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
touch ../Extensions
reboot
----------------------------------------
I was scared to try it because I thought it was only for those with discrete graphics card but it works with integrated graphics as well. I only have iGPU. I then installed the voodoo v2.7.3 via multibeast and it worked. Audio over usb also works! that required having the usb audio device attached and rebooting and then changing the options in system preferences / sound.

UPDATE! i didn't like the buzzing sound that voodoo v2.7.3 was producing so i removed it and replaced it with voodoo v2.8.4 and it works like a charm. No buzzing and better audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back