Contribute
Register

Help with booting into Mavericks with Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1, i7-4470K, GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
carpentryplus25 you are really a genius !!!

I just bought a Gigabyte Z97MX-GAMING 5
with i5 4440 , Gigabyte GT610 , 8GB DDR 3, 1TB Hitachi HDD, USB Speaker

MultiBeast Options:

DSDT Free
3rd Party SATA
Fake SMC
USB 3.0
Killer ALXEthernet ***** need to use carpentryplus25 to overwrite it !!!
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Chimera v3.0.1
Basic Boot Options
Generate CPU States
Hiberate Mode - Desktop
Use Kernel Cache
Mac Pro 3,1
tonymacx86 Black

SUCCESS !!! with USB Audio *** cannot make the ALC1150 work... ... wasted... ...
I really don't know what you mean by "Killer ALXEthernet ***** need to use carpentryplus25 to overwrite it !!!" But if you got it going cool if you need help with your ethernet please see post 17 for further instruction or just ask me or one of the others

The Killer NIC is not fast at all... ... Do you guys test it before? I use the killer NIC to ping my router, it take 0.6ms for each ping. My realtek NIC take only 0.4ms !!!!

The Killer NIC is not fast at all... ... Do you guys test it before? I use the killer NIC to ping my router, it take 0.6ms for each ping. My realtek NIC take only 0.4ms !!!!
Kinda off topic but I don't have either I have Intel NIC and it's not that great either but it does the job and I don't really do any gaming on it so it doesn't matter to much to me

Hi!

the same here, same mobo&processor, boot sequence stops after error 8877652. What is wrong???:sick:

Let me know...

My parameters:
Onboard audio: disabled
Onboard LAN: disabled
10.9.3 install OK with these: GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID= 0D220003
Multibeast with recommended kexts

System comes up with -x. So what happens in the soul of Mavericks after this step (error 8877652)? Which magic brings Safe Mode to success and stops regular boot here? :banghead:
Help me, wise masters.

thanks.

pnimrod

Hi!

the same here, same mobo&processor, boot sequence stops after error 8877652. What is wrong???:sick:

Let me know...

My parameters:
Onboard audio: disabled
Onboard LAN: disabled
10.9.3 install OK with these: GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID= 0D220003
Multibeast with recommended kexts

System comes up with -x. So what happens in the soul of Mavericks after this step (error 8877652)? Which magic brings Safe Mode to success and stops regular boot here? :banghead:
Help me, wise masters.

thanks.

pnimrod
It could be various thing but more that likely audio but boot with -v and GEt us a screen shot of where it hangs for a few moments for further assistance

or you could try this boot into safe mode -x and journey to the root of the drive and open /System/Library/Extensions and backup and then delete AppleHDA.kext and any HDAEnabler1.kext or any HDAEnabler present and then download kext wizard app and then on the maintenance tab click repair permissions and rebuild caches on /S/L/E and then reboot normally to test

Hi!

Thank you for your suggestions! Freezed-and-stopped boot solved.
Strange, but it was something around the video-drivers because after I have moved all the video-kexts (AppleIntelF*, AppleIntelH*, ATI, GeForce, NVidia) from S/L/E, the boot process are stabile and goes speedy.

A few words about the HD-audio. Somebody says at the newest VoodooHDA kext is OK. Yes and no. My experience is at with the Voodoo-kext all the In-/Outputs comes up but the sound quality is poor. Very poor.
I have found somewhere on this site a version of AppleHDA that works. Only the front panel stereo output, but without distortion.

My final (but maybe the biggest) problem is the HD4600 video. I can not make it work. GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, IGPlatformID=nothing-works. I can use multi-monitors on DHMI+DVI (1080p) but no 3D acceleration... And of course I finally deleted the video kexts to reach stability. :) So now this is the situation:
Graphics.jpg

I don't know...

pnimrod

Hi!

Thank you for your suggestions! Freezed-and-stopped boot solved.
Strange, but it was something around the video-drivers because after I have moved all the video-kexts (AppleIntelF*, AppleIntelH*, ATI, GeForce, NVidia) from S/L/E, the boot process are stabile and goes speedy.

A few words about the HD-audio. Somebody says at the newest VoodooHDA kext is OK. Yes and no. My experience is at with the Voodoo-kext all the In-/Outputs comes up but the sound quality is poor. Very poor.
I have found somewhere on this site a version of AppleHDA that works. Only the front panel stereo output, but without distortion.

My final (but maybe the biggest) problem is the HD4600 video. I can not make it work. GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, IGPlatformID=nothing-works. I can use multi-monitors on DHMI+DVI (1080p) but no 3D acceleration... And of course I finally deleted the video kexts to reach stability. :) So now this is the situation:
View attachment 96869

I don't know...

pnimrod
Refer to post one in this thread when using integrated graphics on HD4600 on 9 series motherboards http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ics-acceleration-9-series-motherboards-3.html

Thanx, carpentryplus25,

I saw tried this but will didn't worked. But maybe worth to try again because I was very tired that night...

Thank you. ;-)

pnimrod

Thanx, carpentryplus25,

I saw tried this but will didn't worked. But maybe worth to try again because I was very tired that night...

Thank you. ;-)

pnimrod
how did you install the patch azul kext?

Copied it to the S/L/E folder, + Permission Repair-Rebuild cache combo with KextWizard.

I do not need to add "0x8cba8086" value to the IOPCIPrimaryMatch because that is already added to this version, is this correct?

Thank you,

pnimrod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back