Contribute
Register

Help with booting into Mavericks with Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1, i7-4470K, GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
500e, I just wanted to thank you and the cumulative knowledge of everyone in this threat. I have a setup very similar and this made it possible for my system to be 99% functional.

Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
i7 4790 / 16gb Crucial / 240GB Force 3 SSD
MSI Frozr Nvidia GTX 770 2gb / Aune X1 Eternal Headphone Amplifier/DAC

The hardware above was setup with the help of this thread, brief guide below.

1) Create USB Installer from VMWARE Mavericks or MAC VIA Uni-beast.
2) Install From the USB Drive with default settings.
3) Reboot the system using the USB Drive to get into OSX for the first time, I did not need any boot flags.
4) Delete AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E, repair permissions, reboot.(I do not use the integrated audio).
5) With the package in this thread, launch Kext Helper, enter the administrator password, drag ALXEthernet.kext in the field, install, reboot.
6) Launch Network Preferences, my NIC already had shown up after the reboot and had a DHCP address assigned, works great.
7) Run Multi-beast with the options selected in the image I attached, its essentially what 500e recommends.
8) Reboot.
9) Run Chameleon Wizard, Install latest build only updating the boot loader, customize as you would
like, I used this solely to decrease my timeout on the boot menu, and the graphics resolution on the
boot loader.

Everything works, I don't use the onboard audio so that portion was irrelevant to me. Hope this adds to the pile of knowledge, figured id share my experience since this board is so new. I've built a few hackintoshes in the past, this one didn't seem to difficult, have faith!
Ok so I followed this guide, however the moment I install muti-beast and reboot, I get an endless reboot loop. Can anyone help me resolve this?

Ok so I followed this guide, however the moment I install muti-beast and reboot, I get an endless reboot loop. Can anyone help me resolve this?

If you could take a picture of your -v flagged boot i'll do my best to help you out.

500e, I just wanted to thank you and the cumulative knowledge of everyone in this threat. I have a setup very similar and this made it possible for my system to be 99% functional.

Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
i7 4790 / 16gb Crucial / 240GB Force 3 SSD
MSI Frozr Nvidia GTX 770 2gb / Aune X1 Eternal Headphone Amplifier/DAC

The hardware above was setup with the help of this thread, brief guide below.

1) Create USB Installer from VMWARE Mavericks or MAC VIA Uni-beast.
2) Install From the USB Drive with default settings.
3) Reboot the system using the USB Drive to get into OSX for the first time, I did not need any boot flags.
4) Delete AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E, repair permissions, reboot.(I do not use the integrated audio).
5) With the package in this thread, launch Kext Helper, enter the administrator password, drag ALXEthernet.kext in the field, install, reboot.
6) Launch Network Preferences, my NIC already had shown up after the reboot and had a DHCP address assigned, works great.
7) Run Multi-beast with the options selected in the image I attached, its essentially what 500e recommends.
8) Reboot.
9) Run Chameleon Wizard, Install latest build only updating the boot loader, customize as you would
like, I used this solely to decrease my timeout on the boot menu, and the graphics resolution on the
boot loader.

Everything works, I don't use the onboard audio so that portion was irrelevant to me. Hope this adds to the pile of knowledge, figured id share my experience since this board is so new. I've built a few hackintoshes in the past, this one didn't seem to difficult, have faith!

I was running into some strange random lockup problems, updating my system definitions to Mac Pro 6.1 seems to have resolved them for me, also I used the attached file in my Extra/Modules folder to fix iMessage, getting closer to 100%!

Attachments

• FileNVRAM-1.1.2.zip
    49.7 KB · Views: 83
Update on my installation progress. I was having issues with the supposed "stable" Killer E2200 NIC driver, during large network transfers i would experience random lockups. I switched to the L1CEthernet Driver that works with this nic, and it solved my stability problems! Uploaded below.

Attachments

• AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip
    60.1 KB · Views: 98
-f --- it`s O.k!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back