Contribute
Register

Help with booting into Mavericks with Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1, i7-4470K, GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are welcome let me know if I can be of any assistance but it is an awesome feeling when you do finally get it so don't give up you'll get your audio going

Thanks Carp, mine seems to be running perfectly. The only thing that was slightly weird was that my computer would freeze up if I plugged a thumbdrive in a USB port, but this doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

turbodsms- do you have Kext Wizard? Try running the "Repair permissions" and "Rebuild cache" after installing the Voodoo v2.7.3 drivers. Then restart your machine. Maybe that will set your audio straight.

I think what Carpentry said about the ethernet is similar to what some people do when they can't get their Mac App Store working; you have to put a hex code into your chameleon boot.plist. I too have a z97x board and am trying to figure out a way of getting the audio working now.

This worked for me: http://osx-hackintosh.blogspot.co.uk...-occurred.html

I think what Carpentry said about the ethernet is similar to what some people do when they can't get their Mac App Store working; you have to put a hex code into your chameleon boot.plist. I too have a z97x board and am trying to figure out a way of getting the audio working now.

This worked for me: http://osx-hackintosh.blogspot.co.uk...-occurred.html
You have ALC1150 does the one in multibeast not work for you

What I was talking about and did for them was add deviceID and vendorID to the info.plist inside the kext needed to load their network cards so they could have basic network access before they couldn't even get online what you are talking about is what follows

The easiest fix for the App Store error "your device could not be blah blah blah" is to add a hex String to the either the com.apple.boot.plist or to org.chameleon.boot.plist sometimes I've needed both

So to start off with you'll need an app called efi studio google should pull it up

on the devices drop down select Ethernet then hit add device properties and another window will open with all kinds of stuff you never seen or prolly understand

I always add it to org.chameleon.boot.plist to prevent breaks from updAtes so hit copy hex string to clipboard

then open the file root/extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist with text edit and add the string like this anywhere in the main body

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>Paste here</string>

then navigate to root/Library/Preferences/System Configuration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
and delete it or move to desktop if uncomfortable with deleting

then open system preferences click network and hit the minus sign on each network device

then reboot and re add your network devices in the system preferences and attempt to log in

I have had success with my GA-Z97x UDH5, I actually used the latest voodoo audio kext after removing Apple.HDA from extensions, repairing permissions and rebuilding cache just like you said Carpentry. If anyone needs help on how to get this motherboard up and running let me know!

I posted my full method here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...x-ud5h-i7-4770k-gtx-650-build.html#post821890

Thanks Carpentry and 500e for helping out loads.

Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 00.34.27.jpg

You have ALC1150 does the one in multibeast not work for you

What I was talking about and did for them was add deviceID and vendorID to the info.plist inside the kext needed to load their network cards so they could have basic network access before they couldn't even get online what you are talking about is what follows

The easiest fix for the App Store error "your device could not be blah blah blah" is to add a hex String to the either the com.apple.boot.plist or to org.chameleon.boot.plist sometimes I've needed both

So to start off with you'll need an app called efi studio google should pull it up

on the devices drop down select Ethernet then hit add device properties and another window will open with all kinds of stuff you never seen or prolly understand

I always add it to org.chameleon.boot.plist to prevent breaks from updAtes so hit copy hex string to clipboard

then open the file root/extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist with text edit and add the string like this anywhere in the main body

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>Paste here</string>

then navigate to root/Library/Preferences/System Configuration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
and delete it or move to desktop if uncomfortable with deleting

then open system preferences click network and hit the minus sign on each network device

then reboot and re add your network devices in the system preferences and attempt to log in

Great work on this Carpentry! Because of your help, I can now safely buy a Z97 motherboard, knowing it will work ;) You helped a lot of people who either have a new board, or are willing to buy one, like myself. Many many thanks!
When I get all my parts in and have a working setup, I will post a build log.

Thanks Carp, mine seems to be running perfectly. The only thing that was slightly weird was that my computer would freeze up if I plugged a thumbdrive in a USB port, but this doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

turbodsms- do you have Kext Wizard? Try running the "Repair permissions" and "Rebuild cache" after installing the Voodoo v2.7.3 drivers. Then restart your machine. Maybe that will set your audio straight.

I tried this but it still did not work. Do I need to delete appleHDA?

I tried this but it still did not work. Do I need to delete appleHDA?
Usually it will cause kernel panics or system freezes on boot time when booting normally(usually doesn't effect safe boot cause safe boot disables sound output but still has been know to do so in safe mode) if you don't delete or move I would move and have a native backup

I have aproblem! after install success by unibeat usb installer. it wont boot after install restart!
My desktop:
- main board: Zotac H77 ITX WIFI seri B
- CPU: Xeon E3 1230v2
- RAM: 2x4G Kingston 1333
- VGA: ASUS GTX 650
- SSD: 120G Kingston

befor upgrade to Xeon E3, I use CPU i3-2120 with same thing above and everything OK but after upgrade to E3-1230v2 it wont boot. I use another OSX and make unibeat install, reinstal OK but after restart in wont boot to Mavericks!

I use another OSX installed DMG on internet, use CCC clone to my SSD any thing work but my E3-1230v2 recieve that I7-4770 (!?) and i only know that it use clover boot loader, dont know what it use on this. I want to reinstall the new Maverick from begining with the thing i know, clearly about!

Please give me advice!

PS: sorry for my bad English, Im from Vietnam. Hello every body!

I have aproblem! after install success by unibeat usb installer. it wont boot after install restart!
My desktop:
- main board: Zotac H77 ITX WIFI seri B
- CPU: Xeon E3 1230v2
- RAM: 2x4G Kingston 1333
- VGA: ASUS GTX 650
- SSD: 120G Kingston

befor upgrade to Xeon E3, I use CPU i3-2120 with same thing above and everything OK but after upgrade to E3-1230v2 it wont boot. I use another OSX and make unibeat install, reinstal OK but after restart in wont boot to Mavericks!
Hello kanjizu
Your post doesn't really belong in this thread .
It is for GA-Z97X gaming mother boards.
I use another OSX installed DMG on internet, use CCC clone to my SSD any thing work but my E3-1230v2 recieve that I7-4770 (!?) and i only know that it use clover boot loader, dont know what it use on this. I want to reinstall the new Maverick from begining with the thing i know, clearly about!

If you aren't using the official mavericks download from the mac app store you will receive little to no support here at Tonymacx86. Please read the site rules.

Please give me advice!

PS: sorry for my bad English, Im from Vietnam. Hello every body!
I'd be glad to give you any advice or support that I can, but really you need to open a new thread or post into a thread using related motherboard. Thread highjacking is really frowned upon here at Tonymaxc86. So my only help that I am willing to give to you in this thread is boot with -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No maxmem=4096 cpus=1 dart=0 and see if that will get you into the installer and then use them again to reach the desktop following install. If it hangs up somewhere take a quality picture of the screen where it stops for a few moments and post it into a new thread or a current related thread corresponding with your motherboard and include all you hardware specs. Sorry but this thread is for different hardware than you have and you'll be lucky if the site admin or moderators don't delete your post.

So in summary open a new thread or search for a related thread and post in it and I'll be glad to give you all the assistance I can give.

Also please help us by updating your profile to contain all your hardware information in the system section put your specific motherboard.

Hopefully this will help you
Good Luck
Happy Hacking
Carpentry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back