Contribute
Register

Help! Why is it not working? MSI H510-A Pro, i5 10400f, GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
I‘m using Clover 5107. I just installed AptioInputFix and AptioMemoryFix.
Still the problem.
I‘m using USB 3.0 on 2.0 Port.

I have never needed to use AptioInputFix, just AptioMemoryFix.

Perhaps archive your EFI folder as a ZIP file and upload it so we can check it over.

:)

I have never needed to use AptioInputFix, just AptioMemoryFix.

Perhaps archive your EFI folder as a ZIP file and upload it so we can check it over.

I actually did nothing with my EFI Folder (exept AptioMemoryFix). Its the plain folder like it was created by the installer UniBeast.

Probably can - BUT without any hardware acceleration, it's true. :thumbup:
Well, yes, you are right. But without graphics acceleration it is close to useless.

The OP now wants to install High Sierra, and there may be another problem. Since the OP is using a 500 series motherboard and a 10th generation Intel CPU, I don't think plain old Clover is going to work. A switch to OpenCore (or a higher version of Clover like 5124) may be needed.

Last edited:
Well, yes, you are right. But without graphics acceleration it is close to useless.

The OP now wants to install High Sierra, and there may be another problem. Since the OP is using a 500 series motherboard and a 10th generation Intel CPU, I don't think plain old Clover is going to work. A switch to OpenCore (or a higher version of Clover like 5124) may be needed.
I now did the whole OpenCore Tutorial and made a USB stick - still End RandomSeed Error. I troubleshoot this with the FAQ on „RandomSeedError“ and still the Same. I'm exhausted and in confusion.

I also used/tryed someone elses EFI folder and the progress bar went to the middle until I got the Forbidden Sign error.

I know, this Pc build was made for Windows and to Game, but i tought MacOS would install just fine … Everything is so complicated now, and since they switched to AppleSilicon, it will be even harder in the next years.

I now did the whole OpenCore Tutorial and made a USB stick - still End RandomSeed Error. I troubleshoot this with the FAQ on „RandomSeedError“ and still the Same. I'm exhausted and in confusion.

I also used/tryed someone elses EFI folder and the progress bar went to the middle until I got the Forbidden Sign error.

I know, this Pc build was made for Windows and to Game, but i tought MacOS would install just fine … Everything is so complicated now, and since they switched to AppleSilicon, it will be even harder in the next years.

Hi there.

We don't have an OpenCore tutorial here for High Sierra, so can't comment on the guide you followed. We do have User Builds that work though.

You might upload a zipped archive of the EFI you created for OC.

Let us know the version of High Sierra and how/where it was downloaded.

Everything is so complicated now, and since they switched to AppleSilicon, it will be even harder in the next years.
The reason it's so complicated for you is that you are installing High Sierra which has no Intel 10th or 11th gen support. It came out at least two or more years before your H510 chipset motherboard and the 10400f CPU existed. That alone adds more complexity. Then the fact that you're using a 1080 gfx card which requires web drivers to gain full acceleration makes things more difficult too. I feel that the #1 most important thing to consider before building a hack is native hardware support within the OS you want to install. When you don't have that the whole process gets really complicated. It's too bad AMD cards have gotten so expensive, that will change eventually, maybe later this year.

Last edited:
The reason it's so complicated for you is that you are installing High Sierra which has no Intel 10th or 11th gen support. It came out at least two or more years before your H510 chipset motherboard and the 10400f CPU existed. That alone adds more complexity. Then the fact that you're using a 1080 gfx card which requires web drivers to gain full acceleration makes things more difficult too. I feel that the #1 most important thing to consider before building a hack is native hardware support within the OS you want to install. When you don't have that the whole process gets really complicated. It's too bad AMD cards have gotten so expensive, that will change eventually, maybe later this year.

Exactly.:thumbup:

For example to even get off the starting-blocks you need to "spoof" a Kaby Lake CPU (7000 series).

We need more information from the OP if we are going to help.

Exactly.:thumbup:

For example to even get off the starting-blocks you need to "spoof" a Kaby Lake CPU (7000 series).

We need more information from the OP if we are going to help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
this section is where you need to spoof:

Code:
<key>Emulate</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Cpuid1Data</key>
            <data></data>
            <key>Cpuid1Mask</key>
            <data></data>
            <key>DummyPowerManagement</key>
            <false/>
            <key>MaxKernel</key>
            <string></string>
            <key>MinKernel</key>
            <string></string>
        </dict>

this section is where you need to spoof:

Code:
<key>Emulate</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Cpuid1Data</key>
            <data></data>
            <key>Cpuid1Mask</key>
            <data></data>
            <key>DummyPowerManagement</key>
            <false/>
            <key>MaxKernel</key>
            <string></string>
            <key>MinKernel</key>
            <string></string>
        </dict>

Can u explain it? Should I use 7000 Series CPU settings like here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back