Contribute
Register

Help! Sabertooth z77 i7 3770k ML installation down to 2 minutes then black screen and everything fai

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
quad-core i7 3770k
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I was installing ml onto my 120 gig ssd and all was running well until right at the end of the installation screen went black and from there everything went awry. I booted with pcirootuid=0 because I was fillowing a guide. I don't have a graphics card and I think that that is the problem. After waiting for the black screen for 10 minutes I gave up and rebooted the system. Finally got back to the boot screen and clicked on the ml drive I just made and it went black again. Now I can't even get to the boot screen and I can't even get into my bios for that matter. It just goes to a CPU fan failed screen and press f1 to go to setup which use to take me to my bios but now it takes me to a screen saying this is not a boot drive and once I put in a boot drive press any button... Help me please an thank you!

So I was installing ml onto my 120 gig ssd and all was running well until right at the end of the installation screen went black and from there everything went awry. I booted with pcirootuid=0 because I was fillowing a guide. I don't have a graphics card and I think that that is the problem. After waiting for the black screen for 10 minutes I gave up and rebooted the system. Finally got back to the boot screen and clicked on the ml drive I just made and it went black again. Now I can't even get to the boot screen and I can't even get into my bios for that matter. It just goes to a CPU fan failed screen and press f1 to go to setup which use to take me to my bios but now it takes me to a screen saying this is not a boot drive and once I put in a boot drive press any button... Help me please an thank you!

In the BIOS under the graphics section set the graphics first init device to iGPU, then set iGPU memory to 64Mb

So I could just do that then do a clean install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back